PDA

View Full Version : removing top of intake plenum.

Pete49
11th June 2020, 02:12 PM
Hi fellas, Been trying to replace injectors etc on the trol ('92 TB42e) and having trouble finding clear pics of where the bolts are on the fuel rail and I'm trying to split the intake plenum. I've removed the bolts at the back but can't see the bolts at the front that hold it on. I checked the on line manual but the pic is to dark to see anything and made the mistake of buying the online version of the haynes manual which to be honest is as useful as tits on a bull. Anyone able to help? I was unable to find anything on utube that helps.
Pete

MudRunnerTD
11th June 2020, 07:50 PM
Hi fellas, Been trying to replace injectors etc on the trol ('92 TB42e) and having trouble finding clear pics of where the bolts are on the fuel rail and I'm trying to split the intake plenum. I've removed the bolts at the back but can't see the bolts at the front that hold it on. I checked the on line manual but the pic is to dark to see anything and made the mistake of buying the online version of the haynes manual which to be honest is as useful as tits on a bull. Anyone able to help? I was unable to find anything on utube that helps.
Pete

Have you downloaded the full Workshop Manual available on this site mate? 1200pages of Factory Issue bud. We have the Haynes one too but the factory one is here for your use. See the Manuals button in the red strip below the banner. Go for your life.

MudRunnerTD
11th June 2020, 07:53 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-Nissan-Patrol-Manuals-Nissan-Patrol-Software

Pete49
12th June 2020, 02:55 PM
Thanks Muddy I thought I had but apparently lost it when repairing the puter. I'll d/l it now.
Pete

i

billyj
12th June 2020, 06:54 PM
from memory theres just one bolt at each end that hold the rail in place. it will still take a bit of pressure to pop out though from the injector o-rings being tight in the manifold.
if your hoping to fit bigger injectors bear in mind that the std tb42e injectors are smaller in dia than most common injectors and may require the rail to be redrilled to fit higher flow units(went through this with my old tb42e turbo about 7 years ago)

Pete49
13th June 2020, 12:03 PM
Billyj thanks for that but I cant get to the bolt easily thats why I wanted to remove the upper plenum.
MudRunner the d/l manual only covers the carby model so no help there unfortunately.