PDA

View Full Version : 2007 GU Wagon

captainfg
27th June 2011, 10:46 PM
Hello Guys
Just purchased a 2007 GU Ti wagon, the base model I understand. Wanted something to drive on the beach and my wifes GL 320 CDI was too expensive to drive on the beach and she complained way too much when it got full of sand. Got the car last week and it did not have one tyre the same, have just put some Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on it. Not sure how good they are but needed to get something in a hurry. Love the forum and hopefully will get some info off here to do some more mods on the vehicle as time goes by. I am in Perth but this car will spend most of its time in Lancelin which is about an hour and half north of Perth for those not from the West.

DX grunt
27th June 2011, 11:18 PM
G'day mate.

Welcome to the forum. Watch those sand dunes in Lano!

Great to have another Sandgroper onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco

YNOT
27th June 2011, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

You sure it's a Ti? Ti is top of the range, DX is the base model.

Tony

Timmo
27th June 2011, 11:44 PM
welcome to the forum....enjoy.

patch697
27th June 2011, 11:50 PM
Welcome aboard

Just a quick question ou said your new Rigs a TI? if thats the case it top of the line, The DX is the base model in the GU Patrols.

Loads of info & friendly help when needed for those mods your planning & we don't mind a chin wag either so feel free to join in & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Clunk
28th June 2011, 01:24 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard to another westie

timbar
28th June 2011, 02:02 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

nowoolies
28th June 2011, 03:05 AM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Bob
28th June 2011, 07:09 AM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy

Bigcol
28th June 2011, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum Captain, you will enjoy your new toy better off the road than the Merc for sure........

as has been said, and you have worked out already, your Ti is Turbo Intercooled
the patrols model designations were
DX - Base Model - (like the old Belmont Holden)
ST - Mid Range spec - like the old Kingswood)
ST- L same as above, but with Leather (Kingswood SL)
TI - top of the wazza - Premier

so yours would be - 2007 DX 3.0CRD - (3.0L Turbo Intercooled Common Rail Diesel

the Pirelli Scorpion's were not a bad tyre years ago - my Father in Law used to have 12R's on his 60 series in the 90's

have fun with your new toy

cheers

Bigrig
28th June 2011, 08:30 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Russell1974
28th June 2011, 10:47 AM
hey mate welcome aboard hope u enjoy ur new life

captainfg
28th June 2011, 01:02 PM
Its a DX, I am a moron sometimes. I am a little worried, was looking at the new tyres and they seem to stick out a little from the guards, they are 285's. I am not sure what the law is but the tyre place did not say anything about the tyres being too wide. Will post a pic tonight of the tyres. I think I may have a problem. Would 285 be too wide without flared guards?

Bigrig
28th June 2011, 01:09 PM
Its a DX, I am a moron sometimes. I am a little worried, was looking at the new tyres and they seem to stick out a little from the guards, they are 285's. I am not sure what the law is but the tyre place did not say anything about the tyres being too wide. Will post a pic tonight of the tyres. I think I may have a problem. Would 285 be too wide without flared guards?

Without the flares they would be a little outside, but shoot up a photo, as I don't think you're going to be a target if we're talking 10mm or something ...

fixer982
28th June 2011, 09:13 PM
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of helpful folk here and lots of fun times and useful information to be had. If its a Ti, it's the top of the range and they are a comfy rig to drive.

Sir Roofy
28th June 2011, 09:23 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

Finly Owner
28th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Woof
28th June 2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, us WAites are slowly catching up to those other states..................in the beginning of this forum we were way out in front.

Maxhead
1st July 2011, 06:58 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dark 1
2nd July 2011, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the patrol community, have a poke around & join in when you ready.

GUtsy ute
2nd July 2011, 10:08 AM
Welcome Captain,
Good to have you with us.
As said above put up some pics of your rig to give an idea of how much tyre sticks out past your guards.
You'll get plenty of opinions that way.
Join in and enjoy the Forum.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd July 2011, 11:34 AM
Welcome 2 the forum,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out when they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd