PDA

View Full Version : Clutch issues on 92 petrol patrol

madmunky79
27th June 2011, 08:25 PM
Hi there,

I am new to the site and was hoping for some guidance with a clutch issue.

I am trying to repair an elderly friends Patrol for him as he is getting on a bit now and doesn't want to climb under it anymore. Anyway, the issue. The clutch apparently whistled a lot and now won't work. I had a quick look and noticed the clutch master cylinder under the bonnet may have a leak ( bubbling paint at the bottom) and when I pressed the clutch I heard air being pushed out. Is this enough to cause serious issues or do I still have to look further??

Any advice would be really helpful.

Thanks

Bigrig
27th June 2011, 08:30 PM
Hi there,

I am new to the site and was hoping for some guidance with a clutch issue.

I am trying to repair an elderly friends Patrol for him as he is getting on a bit now and doesn't want to climb under it anymore. Anyway, the issue. The clutch apparently whistled a lot and now won't work. I had a quick look and noticed the clutch master cylinder under the bonnet may have a leak ( bubbling paint at the bottom) and when I pressed the clutch I heard air being pushed out. Is this enough to cause serious issues or do I still have to look further??

Any advice would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hey champion - welcome aboard.

No harm done mate, but pretty customary (and asked for) to post up an intro in the introductions section prior to asking questions etc. Just lets people know who they're dealing with - just a bit about you and your rig, yarda, yarda, yarda ...

As said mate, no harm done, and no doubt someone will be along to assist with the clutch issue.
Cheers
Scotty

YNOT
27th June 2011, 08:31 PM
Do you mean the clutch won't engage (slipping) or won't disengage?
If the paint is bubbling on the bottom of the clutch booster then the clutch master cylinder is leaking and could very likely be the cause of a clutch not disengaging.

Tony