PDA

View Full Version : Diff lock indicator switch

Mentok
16th April 2020, 11:29 AM
G'day everyone,

I have had a few Diff lock issues with my 2015 Patrol and wanted to know if anyone has a part number for the diff lock indicator switch that is located on the diff lock actuator on the rear diff? The switch is corroded and has a resistance of 2.7k ohm. I have contacted a Nissan dealer and they quoted me $1250.00 for the whole actuator as they can't find an individual part number/price for just the switch. I have had a look at a few other switches on the Patrol and it looks like the neutral switch maybe a similar switch. Can anyone confirm that?

Cheers
Muzz

Fireblade
16th April 2020, 11:45 AM

see image the electrical part is apart of the actuator

33250VB30A
stock in melbourne list price is $1486.66+gst
so what you were quoted is good as trade is $1263.66+gst

the switch looks alot like the reverse switch on the rh side of the gearbox. it would have a different connector no doubt but maybe try pull the reverse on out and compare them. if it threads in just cut the wire and put the plug on it and buy a reverse switch. 32005-21U1B

Mentok
23rd April 2020, 09:01 AM
I ordered in the reverse switch and it fit in the diff lock actuator perfectly however did not fix the issue as the switch is a normally open (no resistance/circuit when extended) switch and the diff lock indication switch is a normally closed switch. By design the diff lock actuator plate sits outboard and pushes the switch in which opens the diff lock indication switch (no circuit). So when the diff lock is engaged the diff lock actuator plate moves inboard and the switch extends and closes the switch (creates circuit). The 2 other switches I was looking for alternate switches were the transfer case neutral switch and neutral position switch. My question is does anyone know if either of those switches are a normally closed switch?

MB TD42
23rd April 2020, 11:30 AM
My sway bar disconnect seems to be open until lever is pulled. Can remove cable and place volt meter on switch terminals set to read resistance and check the switch...if it reads when depressed it must be that its a open circuit when not in use.

Hope that helps...

PS...I am a trial and error repairer...follow at own risk

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mentok
23rd April 2020, 11:35 AM
The switch sounds the same as the reverse switch. The switch is open until it is pressed (placed in reverse) then it makes a circuit. I am after the reverse of that.

mudski
23rd April 2020, 05:22 PM

see image the electrical part is apart of the actuator

33250VB30A
stock in melbourne list price is $1486.66+gst
so what you were quoted is good as trade is $1263.66+gst

Can be had brand new and genuine for half that price mate. ;)

0-TJ-0
23rd April 2020, 07:07 PM
The switch sounds the same as the reverse switch. The switch is open until it is pressed (placed in reverse) then it makes a circuit. I am after the reverse of that.

Bit janky but.. You could use it in conjunction with a normally closed relay and have your switch activate that. Not pretty but may save you $1400 :o