PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for our mate Bob

AB
8th April 2020, 06:05 PM
Hi folks,

It saddens me greatly to say this but our mate Bob is not going to be with us much longer, days unfortunately!

Please spare a thought tonight for Bob and Lorraine and their family.

He is not in pain thank god but is now just waiting for his time and what a ride he did have!!!

Love you old mate!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
8th April 2020, 06:39 PM
Dear Bob, Ya grumpy old bugger. All the best bud. May your journey be Grand my friend. My sincerest best wishes to Lorraine and family in this time. It is a shame we did not get that last drive in mate.

We will have a Whiskey at the fire for you too mate. Say G'day to Roofy for me mate.

Remember........#CoalsOnTop

Maxhead
8th April 2020, 06:39 PM
Will miss ya old mate that is for sure.

...and we’ll all have a beer up the high country for ya mate.

pearcey
8th April 2020, 06:40 PM
Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

MB TD42
8th April 2020, 07:53 PM
Best wishes on your next adventure Bob...may the roads be open, friends be plenty and spare parts be available at the click of ya fingers...

We're all ere coz we ain't all there.

Rossco
8th April 2020, 08:27 PM
Hey Bob, so sad to hear old mate all the very best on the next leg of the journey. Glad we got at least one last trip to gods country, shame couldn't manage another but rest assured I'll head up to the hills and keep the fire burning and raise a cold one for ya. . All the very best to Lorraine and family thoughts and love to all. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jack
8th April 2020, 08:30 PM
Been a privilege to meet you Bob, thoughts with you and Lorraine at this time.

rusty_nail
8th April 2020, 08:42 PM
Just had a chat with Lorraine, as AB said, spare a thought for her, with covid19 she's not even able to see family at home. Bob is having moments of clarity but for the most part is blissfully unaware.

It has been my absolute pleasure to know you bob. Cheers mate see in the next round.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/04/44.jpg

mudski
8th April 2020, 09:12 PM
Its been a pleasure and a privilege Bob to know you. I wish you all the best on your next journey. You will be surely missed. More than you know. Until next time we meet. I will be pouring a glass or two on my finest in your honour mate.

See you on the other side.

jay see
8th April 2020, 09:30 PM
Such sad news.

Thoughts and prayers to Lorraine and family.

Only met Bob a few times , but it was a pleasure mate.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

mudnut
8th April 2020, 10:33 PM
I'm very sad too learn of Bobs's condition, but glad to know he's not in pain. Its been a privilege to know you, Bob. All our thoughts are with you Lorraine.

Winnie
8th April 2020, 10:35 PM
I'll always have a spot for you around my camp fire Bob.
Sending Lorraine all our love and support.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

threedogs
9th April 2020, 07:21 AM
Yo Bob taking the Ultimate trip finally, loved your stories from your younger days
You are the reigning Forum Cod Master and will be for a while I guess.
Thoughts with Lorraine, you are a top bloke Bob, will raise a glass for you

Plasnart
9th April 2020, 01:01 PM
My sincerest condolances to Lorraine and family.

Bob, it has been my great pleasure to occasionally catch up with a real gentleman such as yourself. You will be missed mate. See you another time.

rusty_nail
9th April 2020, 02:20 PM
Fortunately I'm working in bobs home area, I've just dropped off a bunch of flowers from us all to his house.

Hodge
9th April 2020, 02:38 PM
Incredibly sad. Was an absolute pleasure meeting and knowing you Bob mate.

All our thoughts are with you Lorraine .

TPC
9th April 2020, 07:02 PM
You will really be missed Bob, always thought you are a top bloke, even if you overcook your meat and don't put coals on top.
Condolences Lorraine and family.

Winnie
9th April 2020, 07:27 PM
Fortunately I'm working in bobs home area, I've just dropped off a bunch of flowers from us all to his house.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkThank you Nic!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AB
10th April 2020, 12:24 PM

Thank you Nic that’s very nice of you mate!

rusty_nail
10th April 2020, 12:41 PM
All good mate, I believe you know by now too, Lorraine has messaged me this morning, bob is sadly no longer with us. He passed this morning around 10am in no pain.

I've said it once but please spare a thought for Lorraine. The last time she was able to see/spend time with bob was Monday. Covid19 prevented her from visiting yesterday due to a 2 person limit and bobs best mate visiting already that day. If any one is able, please reach out to her

Bob
14th April 2020, 02:11 PM
[This is not Bob :tongue:, this is Lorraine, and his daughters Serena and Ainslie]

Thanks to everyone for their kind responses. And thanks to Andy & Nic for keeping everyone here up to date. When we are all able to get together (post The Plague) we will get together to travel to the High Country for a final send off. You were all very special to him and we thank you.

Lorraine is happy she does not need to overcook steak anymore :)80878