PDA

View Full Version : gu patrol window winder

robot
6th April 2020, 05:35 PM
Hi all, my name is rob from wa and I am new to this site. I have a 98 patrol. I need to replace the drivers side (front) manual window winder. having a little trouble finding one. can someone please tell me if the rear rhs passenger door mechanism is the same as the front. I have access to one if it fits. kind regards, rob

BillsGU
6th April 2020, 05:57 PM
Take the rear one off, compare it with the front one, try it on the front door and see if it fits.

robot
6th April 2020, 06:18 PM
thanks bill. I did consider doing that but Im worried that I might ruin the good one. also not an easy job. I was hoping that someone might know before I attempt that. thanks for reply. Rob

Dhuck
6th April 2020, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

robot
6th April 2020, 08:17 PM
Thanks Dhuck. Great forum, lots of friendly members

BillsGU
7th April 2020, 10:43 AM
Haven't had a car with a window winder for many years - but I remember you can buy a simple and cheap tool in most auto shops that you poke in behind the handle to easily remove it by pushing the retaining clip out.

mudski
7th April 2020, 01:38 PM
Front RHS door manual reg is part number 80720VB000, and the rear RHS manual reg part number is 82720VB000. So to answer your question, no they are not the same and won't interchange. Well going by the part numbers they won't...

robot
7th April 2020, 03:36 PM
Thanks so much for that info. yes that does answer my question... I have taken the front winder out. the teeth on the spindle have worn. probably a common fault with most manual door winders on any vehicle. I remember fixing one on my fj holden 40 years ago. I will break it open and just replace the shaft . Thanks again. Big help

robot
7th April 2020, 03:42 PM
thanks Bill. that was the easy bit. got that clip off with a screwdriver. problem with the handle winder shaft. (stripped teeth) working on that project now. thanks again for your help. cheers