PDA

View Full Version : ZD30dd 5 speed , with dangerous throttle response.

teacher Roy
15th March 2020, 11:44 PM
HI all, I was refered to the patrol site, and its wow. Pleased if someone can throw some light on this ongoing Nissan problem..

HI all,
After having search many of the well replied ( not guesses) comments to this problem, I am now frustrated and keen to open a thread on this issue

The vehicle is well serviced and ample power, ( when this issue is absent)

The problem started about 5 months ago,, but only on cold starts ( Brisbane has a few cool mornings )

Then after say 30 sec to one-minute press the accelerator pedal and the revs will increase, and be great all-day

A few days ago the vehicle took longer to respond to accelerator input, but after say 3 minutes all back to normal

Till about 10 K along the road a full cut out,, just back to idle, luckily avoided a rear-ender as I frantically pumped the throttle and the revs increased ( no accident) but the problem grew worse. drivable but worse. Parked the vehicle ( shopping, 2 hours) Came out, starts every time, a single no response, then a perfect drive home. next morning, worse than ever.

SO FAR, with no result
1) disconnect G/B neutral switch connector, the problem remains ( wires now reconnected)
2) removed the 4 earth cables, cleaned the terminals, and the engine section where they are bolted on to.
3) removed the accelerator pedal ass. removed the TPS, did the drill hole as in one of the threads, cleaned, used IONx then a heavy flush out with isopropanol alchol
4) now I connect the TPS the pedal ass on the workbench, manually move the TPS leaver by hand, the same problem.
5) did the 10-minute idle relearn, no improvement

The dash orange engine light does come on every time the problem happens. in the past, before the problem had developed to this level, next downhill, I'd turn off the key, wait say 3 seconds ignition, and a clutch start, the light went off and stayed off.. BUT not now !!

New fule filter, new sealing rings, so I am convinced it is NOT in that area.

I do not have a multimeter, ( just yet)

I look forward to your replies as I see that I am NOT the only one worldwide with this dangerous and annoying problem

I did see that Nissan did a recall on patrol ( the TPS) with a very very similar problem

The ID marks on my TPS are as follows, A22-881-JO3, it has two wiring connectors, bit with 3 pins

HELP !!

Dhuck
16th March 2020, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

mudski
16th March 2020, 07:13 AM
My money's on a dodgy TPS.