PDA

View Full Version : Melted wiring on my series 1 GU

Macca3814
14th February 2020, 07:05 AM
I've been chasing some bad wiring on my 98 Gu wagon for a while now. Currently all the wiring coming out of the AC button on the dash has melted together. I have replaced all that I can get access too with a cut from another car but wanted to trace it to the next location. There is a red wire that comes out of the AC button, it seems to be the culprit, does anyone know where it travels too after the AC button?? So I can either run a new wire or replace the bad one. My GU was originally an rd28, now converted to a TD42 by the previous owner.

Cuppa
14th February 2020, 10:17 AM
Can't help I'm afraid, but am concerned if the plan is just to replace wires without first establishing the cause of the melting, it could at best reoccur, at worst result in a fire.

mudnut
14th February 2020, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the forum. Please head over to the introductions http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Last time I had to rewire a part of a loom was because rats had chewed into it and had mashed the copper cores together. If the vehicle has had an after-market alarm or other accessories fitted, you really need to check all of the looms.