PDA

View Full Version : New Patrol Owner

Fike76
8th February 2020, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

Just bought a 2005 GU Patrol and thought i would join the group to meet and learn all the tricks and tips with these vehicles from the experts.

Does anyone have any recommendations what i should do to the vehicle to protect it long term as i understand the 3.0ltr TDI have issues with blowing up :/

It is one owner, 200,000km, full log book serviced to date. I have done a bit of research but am a little overwhekmed by the differing opinions.

I am planning on doing a trip to the Cape next year so i want the vehicle to be able to handle the trip with ease and get me and my family back safely.

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fike76
8th February 2020, 06:10 PM
Sorry just read the introduction before asking questions :) First time to Forums so not 100% how it all works.

I,m Fike from Mackay QLD, Looking forward the chats.

Mc4by
8th February 2020, 09:03 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
9th February 2020, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
9th February 2020, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollenface
10th February 2020, 12:18 AM
Welcome mate.

Fairly new here myself. Got a patrol specifically for the huge knowledge base out there.

Di engine with 200,000 first thing would be an intake clean/decarb, and then fitting a good quality catch can. If you have a bit of read/google on NADS (nissan anti-detonation system) it will give you a fair idea of mods needed for longevity.