PDA

View Full Version : Tom the Pom

CornwallTreeTom
23rd June 2011, 07:51 PM
Good evening to the antipodes.....
I have recently bought my 1st (and hopefully only) Patrol - a 2001 3dr 3.0GR SE TD with 45,000miles.
Looking to keep it in good condition and maybe do a few subtle mods but keep it looking conservative enough to not scare off customers from my tree surgery business. Stumbled across the forum a few weeks ago while i was researching the purchase; the depth of knowledge and help available seems really good and the forum seems welcoming even to those like myself with not too much spanner time accumulated. I look forward to posting my mishaps & exploits. All the best from Blighty.
Tom

AB
23rd June 2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Tom, good to have you onboard!

Congrats on the new Patrol too mate and join in the conversations.

CornwallTreeTom
23rd June 2011, 07:53 PM
Ah I see you all mentioning GU & GQ etc - I haven't seen much in the way of GR which mine is - were they released under different badges in europe?

YNOT
23rd June 2011, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Tom.

Tony

YNOT
23rd June 2011, 07:55 PM
Ah I see you all mentioning GU & GQ etc - I haven't seen much in the way of GR which mine is - were they released under different badges in europe?

You might be more familiar with Y60 (we call GQ) and Y61 (GU).

Tony

AB
23rd June 2011, 07:56 PM

Pretty much the same as a GU Tom, I should change the titles for our international members I think...haha

patch697
23rd June 2011, 07:58 PM
G/day a7 welcome aboard mate.

Given your into write up you have us pretty much sussed out mate so all thats left to say is feel free to join in anytime & I hope you enjoy the forum...

Cheers
Paul

snicko
23rd June 2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. - Snicko

GUtsy ute
23rd June 2011, 07:59 PM
Welcome Tom,
Good to have you with us, looking foward to your posts and pics.
It is always good to hear from overseas and see where others go 4X4ing.
Join in and ask any questions you may have and contribute too.

Cheers Gavin

Bob
23rd June 2011, 08:00 PM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy

Maxhead
23rd June 2011, 08:09 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

T0nka
23rd June 2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard Geezer :)

Bigrig
23rd June 2011, 08:13 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

CornwallTreeTom
23rd June 2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Tony & AB thanks for the acceptance!
My first job will be to replace the oil seals in the front diff - I have read about Tonys photo guide to doing it but cant find it anywhere - please show me.....
With the vehicle i was given genuine inner oil seal, grease seal for the swivel, nut lock & washer (front WH?) - i reckon i need another set to do both sides - should anything else be there? Do i need to worry about CV and shaft bearings. I'd rather have everything i need before having it in pieces.
Cheers - Tom

YNOT
23rd June 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Tony & AB thanks for the acceptance!
My first job will be to replace the oil seals in the front diff - I have read about Tonys photo guide to doing it but cant find it anywhere - please show me.....
With the vehicle i was given genuine inner oil seal, grease seal for the swivel, nut lock & washer (front WH?) - i reckon i need another set to do both sides - should anything else be there? Do i need to worry about CV and shaft bearings. I'd rather have everything i need before having it in pieces.
Cheers - Tom

Check here; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2067-How-do-i-change-a-gu-cv&highlight=wheel+bearings
You will need 2 seals to do both sides, repack the CV joints with a moly based grease.

Tony

CornwallTreeTom
23rd June 2011, 08:28 PM
Legend - will let you know how it goes and post a photo of me crying not being able to put it back together

Woof
23rd June 2011, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Tom, enjoy mate and photos, we love photos here.

Dhuck
23rd June 2011, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
24th June 2011, 01:50 AM
g'day Tom and welcome aboard mate

timbar
24th June 2011, 02:26 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

katwoman
24th June 2011, 08:21 AM
Welcome to all things Patrol. Hope you find what you need.

nowoolies
24th June 2011, 11:02 AM
g`day Tom
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Sir Roofy
24th June 2011, 11:50 AM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

Finly Owner