PDA

View Full Version : GQ rear sway bar bolts

Touses
31st January 2020, 10:10 AM
Morning all. The prior owner of my awesome Q removed the sway bars.
I need a bar in the rear at least to manage body roll with the backpack camper loaded.
I've managed to get my mitts on a rear bar pretty much complete except for bolts.
The 10mm bolts I have tried,different pitches, don't seem quite right.
Anybody know the correct bolt to be using??
Also missing is the drivers side link mount, can probably manufacture same but a piccie would certainly help.

Any and all help much appreciated.

Ben-e-boy
31st January 2020, 05:28 PM
If its the mounts on the diff you're referring too, I'd have thought they were M10. Just run a tap through it of whatever pitch you have and send it.

Touses
12th February 2020, 02:08 PM
Update on this. NO 1 diesel mechanic mate has it sorted, haven't asked as yet what thread pitch they turned out to be.
He tells me I need extended links. Checked superior engineering for same, feck all specs to make a choice and arm and a leg pricey.
Appears They need to be around 70mm longer.
Has anyone extended these links. If so, how best to go about it?
Was thinking cut and weld tube over to length?

Anybody's thoughts on it?

MB
12th February 2020, 08:04 PM
Can’t see why it wouldn’t work Touses mate!
Recently witnessed an over extended Super brand gifted front set get destroyed. Arms weight ride level should be ok and even if your top efforts clap out it wouldn’t be a show stopper out back IMHO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
12th February 2020, 08:38 PM
Update on this. NO 1 diesel mechanic mate has it sorted, haven't asked as yet what thread pitch they turned out to be.
He tells me I need extended links. Checked superior engineering for same, feck all specs to make a choice and arm and a leg pricey.
Appears They need to be around 70mm longer.
Has anyone extended these links. If so, how best to go about it?
Was thinking cut and weld tube over to length?

Anybody's thoughts on it?I have some mate, to suit up to 4" lift. Wanna buy them? Lol. They are good and yes they were pricey but I kept breaking standard ones

Sent from my Armor 5S using Tapatalk