PDA

View Full Version : GU Hand Grenade

VickiAlice
22nd June 2011, 10:40 PM
Hello there, we have purchased, though we are not in possession of it yet, a 2009 Nissan Patrol GU 6 MY08 DX. I was quite happy about this purchase until somebody mentioned the "Hand Grenade" phenomenon.
I have just tried to read through some forums and came across this one. Some forums says yes, some say no, some are indifferent about it being pot luck - as with all cars.
Some say the problems ended in the 2003 model.
Can anyone tell me - should I be worried? Never owned a large 4WD before, but now we have a camper trailer to pull if we ever get the chance to get away from work, so we have traded in our Tuscon for this Nissan, which has only 30,000klms on the clock. It is work preventing us from taking the long drive to go and pick it up, but we have already done the deal and are just waiting to get some time off to do the swap over with the vehicles.
I also found in my searching a product called the ZD30 Hand Grenade Kit on the Cross Country 4x4 website. Should I buy this "upgrade" to be safle or is it all a whole lot of nothing? Thanks

nowoolies
22nd June 2011, 11:40 PM
g`day mate
NO the 2009 is not the hand grenade
its around the 2000 model hahahahah
anyroad welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Clunk
23rd June 2011, 01:14 AM
g'day VickiAlice and welcome aboard, I think you'll be ok but I'm no expert, there are a few threads on here that give plenty of advise........ if yiu get stuck just holla and someone in the know will be able to point you in the right direction.

the ferret
23rd June 2011, 01:18 AM
Nah, your'e cool, you have the CRD and not the ZD30 grenade, BUT, there are a few mods you can do to prolong your engine life if you want too.
cheers Rod.

Maxhead
23rd June 2011, 08:46 AM
G'Day VickiAlice. I think you'll be safe with the CRD mate.
Don't worry about anything, just drive it hard and enjoy yourself...LOL

Jump into the introduction section and say hello and join in some of the conversations

Sir Roofy
23rd June 2011, 01:51 PM
welcome aboard mate put up an intro and alls sweet

cheers roofy

Bob
23rd June 2011, 02:26 PM
Welcome enjoy the ride

timbar
23rd June 2011, 04:00 PM
'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim