PDA

View Full Version : Starting issue's with a td42

Mudboss
14th January 2020, 08:50 AM
Hi guys. Only when it's a hot day, my gu td42 will sometimes wind over but not start. Every other time it start after one compression stroke. Please any ideas

the evil twin
14th January 2020, 10:51 AM
First guess... Faulty Glow Plug Timer?

Mudboss
14th January 2020, 11:16 AM
Yeh that was on the list of possibilities, but it only does it on hot days after iv driven somewhere, it usualy it will start without a glow after.

Cheers tho mate? Next

Hodge
14th January 2020, 02:12 PM
Hey mate. Does your Patrol have NATS ??? Red light staying on?

If so, then It could be the little immobiliser module / fuel cut off solenoid, that sits at the bottom of the pump in a c**t, prick, son of a b***h spot...

Here are some threads worth a look perhaps?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24666-NATS-Immobilizer-light-staying-on&highlight=immobiliser+light

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?34591-TD42Ti-Immobiiser-Replacement&highlight=immobiliser+light

Mudboss
14th January 2020, 11:08 PM
thanks Hodge i had a read of all that, my fault is very intermittent, (Only on hot days) but it gives me another directions to look at.

Hodge
15th January 2020, 07:28 AM
thanks Hodge i had a read of all that, my fault is very intermittent, (Only on hot days) but it gives me another directions to look at.Some of them are intermittent mate. The solenoid starts being sticky . Mine does it everyone and then in summertime too.
You shut the motor but it slowly comes to a halt like a run on . I never copped the no start yet though.

Might be something to look at.

Winnie
15th January 2020, 07:38 AM
Rossco had the same issue with his and a new fuel pump sorted it out.
Check for air leaks in the fuel system but I reckon if it were that it would be worse in cold conditions.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mudboss
15th January 2020, 10:59 PM
Actually it has been running on every now n then. i did wonder what caused that. we have had reasonable days and the thing hasn't skipped a beat. replaced a relay in the drivers fuse box ( controls earth to ecm ?) so im just waiting to see if it does it again.

Thanks every 1 for your wisdom. will relay the answer when i find one.

Cheers