PDA

View Full Version : Quality touring tent for sale

Cuppa
29th December 2019, 11:22 AM
Not me selling it, but saw this on another forum - seller has just dropped the price for a 2nd time, & IMHO it is an absolute steal for what is one of the best designed & best quality touring tents out there... if not THE best.

We had a Southern Cross tent ourselves for 20 odd years. It would have been good for at least another 20 had I not have stored it in a shed with a dirt floor which subsequently flooded.

I don't think my wife & I put it up once without commenting on how easy it was to put up, & what a great buy it had been. It was one of those few in a lifetime purchases which patted you on the back & told you how smart you had been to buy it in the first place every time it was unpacked.

Anyhow the one for sale is here https://www.caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=83543 & this is the manufacturers site with details & new price. https://www.southerncrosscanvas.com.au/product/lite-9/

For a paltry $300 the seller is including the tent, 2 unused camp beds and a double ensuite tent. Bargain. Easier to put up than an Oztent, easier to find room for & will outlast by many years.

No connection, I don't know the seller, just thought someone here might appreciate the heads up. It's in Ferntree Gully, Vic.

PeeBee
29th December 2019, 01:27 PM
Hey Cuppa, my daughter is looking for a tent, either S/C or Oztent 5 This sounds better to me, do you have a contact phone number - maybe PM me if you do, or I will have to register. We are in the next suburb over from ferntree Gully. Thanks
Phil

PeeBee
29th December 2019, 01:39 PM
Cuppa, I have registered and sent Loraine a PM. Rang the daughter and she is keen so the quality and price cannot be challenged I reckon. Just checked and the PM is sitting in the OUTBOX, so has not actually sent - if you do make contact and don't want the tent yourself, pls ask Loraine to make contact as I am keen to buy it.
thanks

Cuppa
29th December 2019, 02:08 PM
Cuppa, I have registered and sent Loraine a PM. Rang the daughter and she is keen so the quality and price cannot be challenged I reckon. Just checked and the PM is sitting in the OUTBOX, so has not actually sent - if you do make contact and don't want the tent yourself, pls ask Loraine to make contact as I am keen to buy it.
thanks

PM me your email/ph no & your username on that forum & I'll see what I can do Phil. Mind you if you have sent already sent her a Pm she'll probably get back to you just as quickly as she will to me. I did Pm her this morning telling her I'd posted here & she got back to me about an hour later to thank me.

PeeBee
29th December 2019, 06:02 PM
SOLD, thanks Cuppa, daughter and son in law very happy

Cuppa
29th December 2019, 07:26 PM
SOLD, thanks Cuppa, daughter and son in law very happy

No worries, just had a message from the seller thanking me too. Nice way to end the year

cheers
Cuppa the camping cupid. :D