PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, new member from coffs harbour

vbowste1
20th June 2011, 10:25 PM
well hello all
my name is Steve Brown and i am on my second Nissan patrol, still stuck on the GQ model at the moment but will look at a later model in a couple of years.
I am a reformed Landrover owner as they were the first 4wds i ever owned so i like them ( i owned a 4 cylinder petrol then updated to a V8 model ) i suppose becouse the old ones are cheep and they did the job plus i could work on them in the back yard.
I currently have a 1996 GQ ST 2.8 turbo diesel and am happy with it, it could do with a little more power but in low range its not to bad of road. It has a long rang tank, a two inch lift kit, heavy steel winch bar, home made draws in the back and a cargo barrier.
The only problem i have with the car is that it revs at 2600 rpm when i sit on a 100 kmh and it seems a bit to high so i want to change my diff ratio from 4.6 to 4.3 and bring it down about 200 revs but i need to know if the diffs out of a 4.2 diesel will go in and mach up with my axles and so on.
Can anyone help out ? I plan to change them this weekend. and are there any faults with the 2.8 i should know about.

Airstrike
20th June 2011, 10:28 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Good to see you have converted from the toy yoda. Do you have any pictures or videos of the car to share?

Cheers

growler2058
20th June 2011, 10:29 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a good mob here full of helpful info n advice

timbar
20th June 2011, 10:40 PM
'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

patch697
20th June 2011, 10:46 PM
Welcome Steve.

Great to see you've seen the light....lol

A great bunch here mate & all the help you'll need to learn about your Patrol.

Feel free to join in & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

vbowste1
20th June 2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Ryan, good to be able to talk to other patrol owners and get some advice and info. I have allready learnt a bit just reading some of the questions and answers in the mechanical section, its great.
No i don't have any pics of the current patrol but i will get some and post them.
did you read the part in my intro where i need help sorting out weather i can put diffs out of a 4.2 into my 2.8 to change the gearing, do you know someone who could help, i am swapping them this weekend and im hopeing they have the same axles.?
thanks for the welcome.

vbowste1
20th June 2011, 11:08 PM
Hi there
Thanks for the great welcome wish i new of this forum years ago would have been helpful.
Very glad to be hear.

GUtsy ute
20th June 2011, 11:24 PM
G'day Steve,
Good to have you with us, I can't answer your question but there are others on here who can.
I hope you get your rig sorted and enjoy it even more.

Cheers Gavin

YNOT
20th June 2011, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve.

As long as the diff centres are out of H233b diffs yes they will bolt straight in and axles fit will fit. Only a few GU manuals were fitted with the bigger H260b rear diff which will not bolt into a H233b housing.

Tony

nowoolies
20th June 2011, 11:35 PM
g`day Steve
welcombe on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

vbowste1
21st June 2011, 12:54 AM
Sorry Tony, i posted the thread on the mechanical page before i got this thread.
I appreciate your help, i will try to be more patient next time.
Thanks again.
regards Steve Brown

Clunk
21st June 2011, 01:35 AM
g'day Steve and welcome aboard mate

Maxhead
21st June 2011, 06:40 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Steve

Dhuck
21st June 2011, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
21st June 2011, 06:51 AM
Welcome Steve. Join in and enjoy

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 07:20 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Woof
21st June 2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve, enjoy mate

Sir Roofy
21st June 2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome aboard mate

Russell1974
21st June 2011, 07:52 PM
welcome to the forum mate hope u enjoy ur stay

Finly Owner
21st June 2011, 10:54 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House