PDA

View Full Version : New Member Adelaide

PPN
18th December 2019, 05:57 PM
I AM retired 68yo wantabe 4x4 Pensioner ???
I love to solve mechanical problems & find this a very interesting forum. Full of experience, knowledge & wisdom.
Am DIY as much as I can be. Have 92 GQ 4.2 EFI man petrol/gas with various issues I want (if I can) to rectify.
At the moment I've no working aircon & motor overheating problems.
Have researched the forum re AC fixes (yet to try) & think I may have thermostat problems.
I would like to obtain a copy of the repair manual/s for lite bedtime reading.
Its extremely HOT in Adelaide at the moment, 40deg HEAT WAVE CONDITIONS and no AC is a BITCH.

Dhuck
18th December 2019, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

BigRAWesty
18th December 2019, 10:20 PM
I AM retired 68yo wantabe 4x4 Pensioner ???
I love to solve mechanical problems & find this a very interesting forum. Full of experience, knowledge & wisdom.
Am DIY as much as I can be. Have 92 GQ 4.2 EFI man petrol/gas with various issues I want (if I can) to rectify.
At the moment I've no working aircon & motor overheating problems.
Have researched the forum re AC fixes (yet to try) & think I may have thermostat problems.
I would like to obtain a copy of the repair manual/s for lite bedtime reading.
Its extremely HOT in Adelaide at the moment, 40deg HEAT WAVE CONDITIONS and no AC is a BITCH.Welcome. We have a few Adelaide members, myself over on Yorke peninsula.
Imo fist of all start with the basics.
The no ac and over temps may be hand in hand.
Check the radiator caps. A worn can and non presurised system will always fail when it gets tough.
Secondly check the viscous hub. A good flick the fan should only spin half rotation.
If it free spins then it won't be engaging to draw air in.

The old gq radiators were marginal at best.
So it need to be in top condition when against heat like this.

Hopefully you get it sorted.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

AB
19th December 2019, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

mudnut
19th December 2019, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forum. Have you checked the radiator for being clogged up with mud, dust grass, etc, especially the lower section. The Patrols need the fan shroud to be fitted and in good condition too.

Mc4by
19th December 2019, 06:12 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum