PDA

View Full Version : Factory diff lock options? Lsd?

jezzba
5th December 2019, 03:23 AM
Hey all,

As the title says im tossing and turning on what to do, I've got a factory diff lock but doesn't work.
I've switched lines still doesn't engage i can feel one line sucking the other line nothing, I've taken the solenoid out and ran 12v on each side only 1 of the solenoids click. I am getting 12v on the plug 12v when the switch is off on one side and 12v when on on the other side
Have also cleaned the actuator was abit rusty have yet to try one more time now
I've also followed the hardlines back to front all are in good nick

I'm considering going back to a lsd centre as i don't really want to spend coin when i don't know what my actual problem is

Patrolapart want 55 for a 2nd hand solenoid or 234 for a mac valve but still won't know if it'll work or not
Or i can get a rear lsd with diff gears to suit for around 150.

Sorry for the long post

Cheers

mudski
5th December 2019, 07:09 AM
diff lock is my choice.

Cuppa
5th December 2019, 11:23 AM
No way would I get rid of the locker without first confirming that it is irrepairable... even if it means taking it to a professional. Of course it depends on how you want to use your car...... but a diff lock is a very reassuring bit of gear to have in your off road arsenal.

jezzba
5th December 2019, 08:54 PM
This car is mainly going to be a weekend basher no plans for long long distance touring yet, i originally had a shimmed lsd on my old gq and love it.

I am going to buy another solenoid from a reputable patrol wrecker test it and see what happens. My main issue is that nothing is engaging the locker was under the assumption that when switching the vacuum lines on a cooked solenoid it'll engage

jezzba
7th December 2019, 03:13 AM
Ditching the locker for a lsd, for some reason the locker somewhat engaged rear started chirping on corners then several loud bangs, I'll save some pennys for a air locker one day. Picking up a lsd centre tomorrow at least i know it'll work.

Cheers fellas

mudski
7th December 2019, 06:11 PM
Ditching the locker for a lsd, for some reason the locker somewhat engaged rear started chirping on corners then several loud bangs, I'll save some pennys for a air locker one day. Picking up a lsd centre tomorrow at least i know it'll work.

Cheers fellas

That’s because the locker was engaged whilst driving on bitumen. Not really ideal hence it going bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jezzba
7th December 2019, 06:36 PM
That’s because the locker was engaged whilst driving on bitumen. Not really ideal hence it going bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randomly engaged when i was driving switch was off and wasn't in 4wd so something wasn't happy, well least its one thing i don't have to worry about now haha