PDA

View Full Version : Help with Diff Oil change in Adelaide or Melbourne region

normi
27th November 2019, 09:34 AM
Good morning,

After almost a year of driving around Oz my diffs could use some new oil. I thought about getting it done at the workshop as I don’t have the tools to do it. But I‘m curious to learn something about my 2001 GU Patrol.

If there is anybody in Adelaide or Melbourne who could help me with the diff and drinking a couple of beers.. would be awesome :)

I’m a couple more days in Adelaide and heading towards Melbourne, then.

Cheers Norman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the evil twin
27th November 2019, 11:33 AM
I'm in WA so as much as I like a beer I can't call round but FWIW...

Rule #1 - Always make sure you can undo the fill bung before you take out the drain bung

MB
27th November 2019, 09:04 PM
G’day Normi mate!
Best to head towards the Yarra Valley on your way through/bypass CBD and we’ll find some good blokes to help you out.
Weather is getting warmer here now thankfully so that thick arse viscous diff oil change should easily go through a little Tom Thumb pump or other wacky ideas kindly found here [emoji106][emoji106]

pearcey
27th November 2019, 09:06 PM
G`day Normi.
Yep in Adelaide, if you don`t mind laying on your back I can help you out.
I`m down south in the Christie's Beach area. about 20 klicks from the CBD.
Give me a pm and I`ll pm a phone number.

pearcey
27th November 2019, 09:34 PM
G’day Normi mate!
Best to head towards the Yarra Valley on your way through/bypass CBD and we’ll find some good blokes to help you out.
Weather is getting warmer here now thankfully so that thick arse viscous diff oil change should easily go through a little Tom Thumb pump or other wacky ideas kindly found here [emoji106][emoji106]

Hey bloke this bloke needs help from a Tryhard owner .
hope all is going well over there will have to catch up soon.

MB
27th November 2019, 09:43 PM
Welcome anytime as always Mr Pearcey!
Pay it forward they say travelling Legend [emoji106][emoji106]

BillsGU
29th November 2019, 08:24 AM
Rule #2 - Always make sure you use LSD oil in the rear diff or else you may stuff up the limited slip.

normi
29th November 2019, 08:26 AM
Pearcey and I will give it a try later today! Thanks for your help! You are amazing, guys [emoji4]

pearcey
29th November 2019, 09:09 AM
LSD!!!
Lager, Stout, Draught
Yep got it covered.

pearcey
29th November 2019, 07:49 PM
Well that was fun.
What a great couple. Norman got down and dirty and Bianca loved getting stuck in as well. All went well untill it got to drinkies. Home Brew, Furphy`s, Coopers, plus a lady who likes a little dribble of port and is also a lover of fine single malts. Well a couple of quiet ones and with a big map laid out, it was story time. All I can say is these folks have had a fabulous trip, and its not over.
They are on their way to Melbourne and if any of you folks can arrange a catch up and piss up please do it. these folks are full on sensible, fun loving adventurers doing it the right way. They weree late posting on this site and for them I think it was a good thing as I recon if they had caught up with the likes of Avo , Strop, TCP ,Taslucas, AB, MB , and the rest of the drunks they would have only made it half way.
thanks Norman and Bianca for an absolutely great day

Hey bloke you did put the plug back in the rear diff.

mudski
29th November 2019, 07:53 PM
When is Normi due in Melbourne? How long will you be here mate?

pearcey
29th November 2019, 08:07 PM
Recon late next week, they tend to switch the clock off LOL
Hopefully they will try and make a date to meet AB and MB, which would be great.

Hodge
29th November 2019, 08:51 PM
When is Normi due in Melbourne? How long will you be here mate?We'll if they left Adelaide today , they can easily make it to Sheepyards by tomorrow.....

mudski
29th November 2019, 08:53 PM
We'll if they left Adelaide today , they can easily make it to Sheepyards by tomorrow.....

Hahaha! normi.

normi
29th November 2019, 09:55 PM
Well that was fun.
What a great couple. Norman got down and dirty and Bianca loved getting stuck in as well. All went well untill it got to drinkies. Home Brew, Furphy`s, Coopers, plus a lady who likes a little dribble of port and is also a lover of fine single malts. Well a couple of quiet ones and with a big map laid out, it was story time. All I can say is these folks have had a fabulous trip, and its not over.
They are on their way to Melbourne and if any of you folks can arrange a catch up and piss up please do it. these folks are full on sensible, fun loving adventurers doing it the right way. They weree late posting on this site and for them I think it was a good thing as I recon if they had caught up with the likes of Avo , Strop, TCP ,Taslucas, AB, MB , and the rest of the drunks they would have only made it half way.
thanks Norman and Bianca for an absolutely great day

Hey bloke you did put the plug back in the rear diff.

Haha, thanks Pearcey for the great summary! We had a lot of fun, too! Love to meet u again some time

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/182.jpg

Plug is back in, all good mate!

MB
30th November 2019, 05:36 AM
Nice work Team, send us a PM if you like Normi & Bianca, if you can survive Mr Pearcey’s SA antics you’ll easily survive our true Southern hospitality :-)

pearcey
30th November 2019, 09:10 AM
Hey bloke ,they have a taste for proper beer and fine scotch.
I hope they can find the time for a meet up as they are a fantastic couple.

normi
30th November 2019, 01:57 PM
When is Normi due in Melbourne? How long will you be here mate?

We will be in Melbourne in about two weeks. Depending on how many tracks we’ll find a bit earlier or later. Staying around a week or so before we head off to Sydney via the Victorian High Country.

Would be nice to meet some of you guys to share some experiences :)

MB
30th November 2019, 02:54 PM
AB fire that Pizza Oven up Bro [emoji106][emoji106]

pearcey
30th November 2019, 04:38 PM
Hey Normi they don`t have any experience . you`ll be right thou, you`ll be able to show them how to drink and change diff oil.
Safe travels.

normi
2nd December 2019, 02:22 PM
AB fire that Pizza Oven up Bro [emoji106][emoji106]

Who has a pizza oven? [emoji7]

MB
2nd December 2019, 02:46 PM
Our Cult leader mate....AB, and it’s located in his infamous ‘Church of Patrology’ :-)

PM just sent Norman mate!

mudski
2nd December 2019, 03:25 PM
Who has a pizza oven? [emoji7]

Best pizza's in Vic come out of said oven too!!!

pearcey
2nd December 2019, 04:16 PM
Let me know what the deal is , nmight just be able to find some time.

rusty_nail
2nd December 2019, 04:37 PM
If there is pizzas on I'm keen as fellas!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk