PDA

View Full Version : LHR power window GU Patrol won't go back up

bronk
24th November 2019, 11:26 PM
Hi all...got an issue with the lhr window, has gone all the way down but won't come back up. Have swapped swapped door switches still no good. Any help for a fix is greatly appreciated

Cheers Bronk

mudski
25th November 2019, 07:24 AM
Is there power getting to the motor?

bronk
25th November 2019, 07:45 AM
Hi Mudski, i'm guessing yes power is at the motor, the window got stuck about 3/4 the way down, trying out the other door switches it went all the way down.

Cheers

the evil twin
25th November 2019, 12:45 PM
Not 100% sure on a GU but the Master Switch (Drivers Door) can cause this issue on others.

If you can clean the master switch contacts try that and see how you go

mudski
25th November 2019, 01:44 PM
Chuck a multimeter on the power feed to the motor. if theres no power to the motor, its not the motor. Clean up the contacts on the master switch as suggested .

bronk
26th November 2019, 12:51 AM
cheers mate will give it a go

bronk
26th November 2019, 12:54 AM
played auto sparky this arvo put a power feed to the motor no worries go it to wind up and down reversing the polarity...will clean out the master switch tomorrow after work..thanks for your help

mudski
26th November 2019, 07:09 AM
If you need to replace any of the switches. Don't buy the Chinese copy ones. I did and the window switches work in reverse. Up on the switch is down and vice versa.

Cremulator
26th November 2019, 01:11 PM
I had this problem on my GU 3 with my RHR window.
Rear switch would operate the window intermittently but front switch wouldn't. I replaced the front switch module with one from the wreckers but it didn't solve the problem.

I cleaned the terminals of the original switch module on the drivers and passenger switches with some WD40 electrical contact cleaner spray, a tooth brush and some fine sandpaper and got it working again.

mudski
26th November 2019, 04:02 PM
I had this problem on my GU 3 with my RHR window.
Rear switch would operate the window intermittently but front switch wouldn't. I replaced the front switch module with one from the wreckers but it didn't solve the problem.

I cleaned the terminals of the original switch module on the drivers and passenger switches with some WD40 electrical contact cleaner spray, a tooth brush and some fine sandpaper and got it working again.

just gotta watch for those tiny springs and the ball inside the switch when you pull them apart. Lose them and its game over for sure.

Cremulator
26th November 2019, 05:08 PM
just gotta watch for those tiny springs and the ball inside the switch when you pull them apart. Lose them and its game over for sure.Yes, very true. You gotta be careful when disassembling the switch module and take note of which way the little rockers face.

Mickhead
26th November 2019, 05:38 PM
If you need to replace any of the switches. Don't buy the Chinese copy ones. I did and the window switches work in reverse. Up on the switch is down and vice versa.
I must have got lucky.. 3 for 22 bucks on ebay and they all work the right way.
Having said that they will probably poo themselves a lot quicker than the jap ones.