PDA

View Full Version : Helinox Chairs

10G
18th November 2019, 02:49 PM
just wondering if anyone has used / is using / knows of someone who has one of these chairs?

They're not cheap, but I'm running out of space in the GU and these are perfect size wise. They get great reviews everywhere, just wondering if they can handle large gutted 4WDers sitting in 'em?

MudRunnerTD
18th November 2019, 07:38 PM
just wondering if anyone has used / is using / knows of someone who has one of these chairs?

They're not cheap, but I'm running out of space in the GU and these are perfect size wise. They get great reviews everywhere, just wondering if they can handle large gutted 4WDers sitting in 'em?

got a link to the chair?

Dhuck
18th November 2019, 09:28 PM
https://www.helinox.com.au/lightweight-camping-chairs Not a bad little chair

Cuppa
19th November 2019, 12:58 PM
Have seen a few folk using them - all were happy with them. I found my bad back didn't like them too much (like many camp chairs) but if you don't have back issues & space is an issue I reckon they would be well worth checking out. They seemed well made so should last ok. They are quite small so would be worth sitting in one first if you have a big arse to make sure you fit. They take a little more 'putting up' than most 'fold out' types, but not that much that it constitutes a reason not to buy.

10G
19th November 2019, 03:27 PM
My main concern is what to do with my arms. Every photo i've seen so far have had the people sitting in them with their arms crossed or in their laps, neither of which I'd do for any length of time. They were originally built for hiking and the like so you'd be happy just to be sitting on something.

I'm starting to back peddle on them a bit.

the evil twin
19th November 2019, 03:46 PM
IMHO... absolutely brilliant for hiking (their target market) not so much for camping due to size and lack of armrests... but I also have a huge butt (see what I did there) :-)

MudRunnerTD
19th November 2019, 06:51 PM
Yeah perfect for my pack when hunting or something but no way would i choose this as my permanent camp fire chair.

Ben-e-boy
19th November 2019, 08:07 PM
They'll be good for smoko at work with enough capacity to support my vast wasteband

Stropp
20th November 2019, 02:55 PM
ive got one for on the bike , it holds me and is comfortable enough but a few have gone for the bigger one and say its better.

Clunk
20th November 2019, 08:05 PM
Got Aldi copies for the kids.... very light and compact. Take my weight but I wouldn't want to sit in them for any length of time. Just not comfy enough

LandRoverGhost
20th November 2019, 08:44 PM
We have each one. Me the basic one , my wife the high back one. They are just perfect - we use them when bicycling. But also on a car trip. Bit of a slow assembly but the real rest opposed to sitting ona log or or is worth it all. Not cheap but made to last.