PDA

View Full Version : Just having a rant about pooing my undies

HippoNZ
18th June 2011, 11:35 AM
So just a normal Saturday for me I thought, running around doing some jobs. It's been raining here today and as always the rig on muddies never have the best traction on wet roads. So when the rig keeps getting a bit tail happy I'm starting to think what the hell, so I decide to slow it down a bit more round the corners. On the last leg of the journey home, doing about 35km round a moderate bend the back end decides to do a full 180 spin. After dropping my ciggy and burning a hole in my pants I get out and have a look around to find one of my back tyres almost off with the wheel nuts hanging on by the last few threads. This p!ssed me off to see that some scum bugger had loosened my wheel nuts like this. ( I'm rather religious on keeping my wheel nuts tight as I've had a mate lose a tyre before.) So I jacked up the truck took the trye off, gave it an inspection and luckily no damage. Slapped the tyre back on and no dramas. It was weird though because I felt no difference in the steering or vibrations so I thought nothing of it at the time. I had my truck parked outside my mates house for most of last night so I'm figuring that's when it happened. So the moral of the story I guess is to walk around your truck before you drive! I know I will be from now on. God if I ever find out who did this there guna get my bull bars shoved right up their...... you get the idea.

Safe driving out there!
Brett

Bob
18th June 2011, 11:37 AM
You were a bit lucky there mate.
Not a nice thing to happen

Maxhead
18th June 2011, 11:51 AM
Yep, very lucky . Good to see a safe result

Sir Roofy
18th June 2011, 11:54 AM
jeez brett that was a close call
make sure its the right one for the bullbar treatment tho
double check before contact

AB
18th June 2011, 12:32 PM
I thought this thread was about something else that I just had to read...lol

Shame mate, little turds!!!

Even after you pick your car up from mechanics or tyre places also check....Long story short, my mechanic had an apprentice how "forgot" to tighten the nuts up and I had all 4 tyres about to pop off one day...lol...Scary stuff!

timbar
18th June 2011, 02:11 PM
I thought this thread was about something else that I just had to read...lol

Shame mate, little turds!!!

Even after you pick your car up from mechanics or tyre places also check....Long story short, my mechanic had an apprentice how "forgot" to tighten the nuts up and I had all 4 tyres about to pop off one day...lol...Scary stuff!

yeahi had the same problem except i had to replace 2 studs (12) on mine wore through the thread

snicko
18th June 2011, 02:17 PM
Heart settled down yet??? You are one lucky bugger saved by your good instinctive driving skills. All that wheeling in the mud!!

Mr Nissan did a recall on mag wheels and we fell in the category. Had these indicators fitted to the wheels AND THEY WORKED!!!

I get the tyres rotated every 5000km (problery over kill but that's just me!) anyway after a week the indicators had moved!!! Took the truck back and sure enough the nuts needed tightening!!

Don't know if they will fit on muddy nuts but might be worth a try.

Dhuck
18th June 2011, 02:38 PM
Several years ago I used to manage a tyre shop. I made it compulsory to go around and check the wheel nuts with a wheel brace. Most tyre joints have torqure extension bars for the rattle guns, but have had a car come back with loose wheel nuts and have the same issue as Brett. I believe it should be any vehicle owners policy to go around and check wheel nuts regularly. I also understand that most vehicle owner manuals say to do this every so many thousand K's

patch697
18th June 2011, 05:37 PM
Thats not even funny, its just plain stupid.

Its not just lucky you found it in time, its damn lucky no one was hurt or worse still killed.

Im guessing the idiot that thought this was funny didn't factor that in though hay............

F%$&king morons.

Clunk
18th June 2011, 08:43 PM
what completely thoughtless tossers, forget about ramming the bull bar up their arse, I'd be loosening their nuts off and I don't mean the ones on their wheels!!!!!

Finly Owner
18th June 2011, 08:59 PM
stupid prank

Tim

macca
20th June 2011, 07:28 AM
I find this stuff amazing, lucky you were not hurt.
These wackers couldn't give a monkeys what result their actions cause.
Just on the $, I wonder how they would like it if you took a couple of hundred out of their pocket and put a match to the notes.
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to know their reaction,
Brasses me off...
Macca