PDA

View Full Version : ..Newbie.. First Nissan

Shaunous
16th June 2011, 09:38 PM
Hi All,
Just scored myself a 98 GU patrol diesel wagon for cheap, has a few problems with it, most expensively being the injection pump buggered. But it helps im a diesel fitter, just not used to working on an engine so small :tease:

Googled a couple of the problems with it and found this site in the process.

Will have more of a look around the site, and look forward to learning and helping also.

Cheers,
Shaun...

nowoolies
16th June 2011, 09:42 PM
g`day mate
welcombe on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

growler2058
16th June 2011, 09:44 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of good info n advice

YNOT
16th June 2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Shaun, where are you from?

Tony

Bigrig
16th June 2011, 09:47 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

GUtsy ute
16th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Welcome Shaun,
Good to have you with us, join in and enjoy the info and conversations on here.
It's a friendly place.

Cheers Gavin

big_fletch
16th June 2011, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to have another member aboard

Fletcha

Dhuck
16th June 2011, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
16th June 2011, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

DX grunt
16th June 2011, 10:39 PM
G'day Shaun

Welcome to the forum. Don't be shy in having a yak.

Where abouts are you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco
DX grunt

Clunk
17th June 2011, 12:31 AM
g'dy Shaunous and welcome aboard mate

timbar
17th June 2011, 03:01 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Bob
17th June 2011, 07:34 AM
Welcome Shaun. Join in the conversations and enjoy the ride

Maxhead
17th June 2011, 07:37 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Shaun

Sir Roofy
17th June 2011, 04:04 PM
welcome aboard shaun
enjoy your stay

Woof
17th June 2011, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Shaun, enjoy mate

Finly Owner
17th June 2011, 11:20 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Shaun

Tim

Shaunous
11th August 2011, 09:33 PM
Hey Guys,
From northern NSW, but living in Beenleigh QLD.

Work oversea's so don't get much internet time, just got home on break and engine is playing up bad, blowing alot of blue/white smoke at cold start up and takes a fair bit of cranking to get started, got the engine compression tested today by someone local as i don't have the gear to do that on small engines, got a reading of 0psi on cyl 1, and only 150psi on cylinder 2, 3&4 were both 400psi and he didnt even bother checking 5&6, stealing a gauge off another mechanic shop tomorrow and will check myself, not a good sign.

Have done a few things to it that i got hints from on here, blanked EGR, removed butterfly and re-ran PCV hose down along side of engine to atmosphere and blocked off inlet end, i realise alot of you run filters or catch cans, but other then stopping a few drips of oil on your carport I just don't see the value in them.

Will let you all know how I go with the engine drama, but looks like I may be removing the cylinder head tomorrow :furious:

Cheers,
Shaun...

Finly Owner
11th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Hey Guys,
From northern NSW, but living in Beenleigh QLD.

Work oversea's so don't get much internet time, just got home on break and engine is playing up bad, blowing alot of blue/white smoke at cold start up and takes a fair bit of cranking to get started, got the engine compression tested today by someone local as i don't have the gear to do that on small engines, got a reading of 0psi on cyl 1, and only 150psi on cylinder 2, 3&4 were both 400psi and he didnt even bother checking 5&6, stealing a gauge off another mechanic shop tomorrow and will check myself, not a good sign.

Have done a few things to it that i got hints from on here, blanked EGR, removed butterfly and re-ran PCV hose down along side of engine to atmosphere and blocked off inlet end, i realise alot of you run filters or catch cans, but other then stopping a few drips of oil on your carport I just don't see the value in them.

Will let you all know how I go with the engine drama, but looks like I may be removing the cylinder head tomorrow :furious:

Cheers,
Shaun...

Hey Shaun, You did use a Diesel Compression Testor didn't you? I think you'd know that being a diesel fitter. Beenleigh isn't a bad place to live. How about catchin up for a beer.

Tim

Dark 1
11th August 2011, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the patrol community, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Shaunous
12th August 2011, 08:13 AM
Hey Shaun, You did use a Diesel Compression Testor didn't you? I think you'd know that being a diesel fitter. Beenleigh isn't a bad place to live. How about catchin up for a beer.

Tim

Yeh diesel compression tester, getting it 2nd checked again today though, I have the gauges but not the right fittings to go into the glow plug threads, so much to my hate I have to pay someone to do it, and be there watching.
Beer, well I love beer :smile: sounds good Tim

Shaunous
12th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the patrol community, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Cheers, I have a fair bit of poking around, searching and reading more then anything, with all the great info here already i'm not needing to ask questions just yet. My time will come :smile:

teleman
13th August 2011, 10:38 PM
Great to have a diesel mechanic on board. Happy hunting

Phil21
14th August 2011, 11:41 AM
Welcome fellow Newbie, plenty of help and assistance to be found here..

Shaunous
5th January 2012, 09:05 AM
Well guys, after a full engine rebuild, small engine mods, boost and EGT gauge installation, turbo timer install, 2nd hand TJM bull bar with a lick of new paint, and the Purchase of a new Engel 40ltr, it great to actually drive the big girl. Went for a trip to the glasshouse mountains one day, then lamington national park the next. Took a coupla snaps of her at Lamington Nat Park. Good Couple of days out.

Shaun...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/Shaunous/photo2sm1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/Shaunous/photosm1.jpg

Oversize
6th January 2012, 07:15 AM
G'day Shaun, welcome aboard. Looking forward to your contributions. The guys on here have a wealth of knowledge and yours added to the pool will be appreciated, I am sure. Love the pics too, although the picnic table looks like it could do with some work...

mitchelljames
6th January 2012, 08:48 PM
shaunous the beast is looking awesome , im so keen to get mine up to the touring stage so we can explore this big country, its also a plus that your a mechanic haha

Shaunous
7th January 2012, 06:44 AM
shaunous the beast is looking awesome , im so keen to get mine up to the touring stage so we can explore this big country, its also a plus that your a mechanic haha

Birdsville races this year :smile:

wildgu6
10th January 2012, 09:54 PM
G'day Shaun, must of missed your intro mate so heres a belated welcome aboard fella.
I found it a top site and met some top blokes with ship loads of knowledge in all sorts of fields.
Top lookin rig you got there buddy, love the GUs,
Anyway hope your enjoying your time here.

Stay safe & happy wheelin in 2012,

Cheers Pete

DX grunt
10th January 2012, 10:18 PM
G'day Shaun, must of missed your intro mate so heres a belated welcome aboard fella.
I found it a top site and met some top blokes with ship loads of knowledge in all sorts of fields.
Top lookin rig you got there buddy, love the GUs,
Anyway hope your enjoying your time here.

Stay safe & happy wheelin in 2012,

Cheers Pete

Not all of us drink like fish, either. hahahahahahahaha

Timmo
10th January 2012, 11:57 PM
nice troll shaun and welcome to the forum.

Bogus
11th January 2012, 09:52 AM
G'day....How'd you end up going with the pump