PDA

View Full Version : gq safari granroad auto

steveh
15th June 2011, 08:30 AM
Hi guys, steve here, im new to this, from christchurch NZ, the heart of earthquake country,
ive got myself a GQ safari 4.2 diesel auto non turbo, jap import so i cant understand the operatimg instructions, this wont go into 4L with the engine running, is this normal?? whats the procedure for getting 4L in english please someone. cheers Steve

Bob
15th June 2011, 08:36 AM
Welcome Steve. Join in and enjoy. Someone should be able to help with your Problem

YNOT
15th June 2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Steve.

You need to be stationary and in park or neutral to engage low range, and you need to push down on the transfer lever as you pull it back into low.

Tony

AB
15th June 2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
15th June 2011, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

katwoman
15th June 2011, 09:05 AM
Welcome, Steve...and stay safe

steveh
15th June 2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum Steve.

You need to be stationary and in park or neutral to engage low range, and you need to push down on the transfer lever as you pull it back into low.

Tony

thanks for that tony, i found it only goes into 4L in neutral, also what is the sliding button on the front of the shift lever, mines zip tied in the up position??
thanks
steve

YNOT
15th June 2011, 09:14 AM
thanks for that tony, i found it only goes into 4L in neutral, also what is the sliding button on the front of the shift lever, mines zip tied in the up position??
thanks
steve

Can you post a photo of the button? It may be a park lock out override, the park lock out stops you from pulling the transmission out of park unless the ignition is on.

Tony

Bigrig
15th June 2011, 09:19 AM
Could be the overdrive button - mine is on the stick also. Post a quick pic as Tony suggested mate and we should be able to identify it ..

growler2058
15th June 2011, 09:38 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of great info and advice

steveh
15th June 2011, 09:39 AM
Can you post a photo of the button? It may be a park lock out override, the park lock out stops you from pulling the transmission out of park unless the ignition is on.

Tony

thanks, it is the park lockout override, the od button is on the back of the stick

Bigrig
15th June 2011, 09:47 AM
thanks, it is the park lockout override, the od button is on the back of the stick

Good stuff mate - glad you were able to decipher the Chinese symbols and work it out!!! lmao

Getting it into 4L no dramas now??

steveh
15th June 2011, 10:49 AM
yea thats all good, just need to replace the shocks and find a propper manual for it now :)

growler2058
15th June 2011, 11:23 AM
Theres a gq manual on this forum mate i would think the safari mechanically would be the same as a "normal" gq wagon and electrically only a slight variation but i could be totally wrong worth lookin at

steveh
15th June 2011, 11:32 AM
cool yea that should be good, any idea of a link to it ? are there download restrictions do you know, cheers

Bob
15th June 2011, 11:35 AM
Here is the Link to the Download

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

There used to be a 25 Post Rule however that is no longer and you can Download

timbar
15th June 2011, 06:01 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
16th June 2011, 08:19 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
17th June 2011, 12:37 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Woof
17th June 2011, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Finly Owner
17th June 2011, 11:10 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Steve

I hope the latest quakes have left you safe

Tim

steveh
7th August 2011, 12:05 PM
hi, thanks mate

steveh
7th August 2011, 12:10 PM
ive just finished putting a fresh sterio in the safari and now the stabi off light is showing, this safari doesnt seem to have a switch for it, where should it be located does anyone know ???
cheers