PDA

View Full Version : Gq wabbles

First Pooy
9th November 2019, 03:45 PM
Gq wabbles what are they and when do the occure like at what speeds and the feel of it ?

Rossco
9th November 2019, 03:54 PM
If your refering to "death wobbles" usually the sweet spot is around 80k's but not always. Usually need a little bump to set it off then just builds till it's quite violent with the wheel shaking fron one side to the other and the car shaking like buggery. . Once it happens you'll know about it lol, they're a bugger that's 4 sure. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clunk
9th November 2019, 07:25 PM
Just imagine your steering wheel shaking when you need to get your wheels balanced..... but 50 times worse. Mine have happened anywhere between 60-100kph. First time was bearings, 2nd time was panhard bar bushes. Third time was due to the passenger side crappy GQ hub nut coming loose.

threedogs
9th November 2019, 07:29 PM
Maybe worse with a chunky mud pattern tyre

First Pooy
10th November 2019, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the response guys I didn't known that the Gq wabbles meant a death wabbles I had that before and I defiantly know what it is, oh well back to the drawing board I have vibrations at high speed not voilant like in a death wabbles but vary annoying but I have changed a heap of stuff over and yesterday I balanced all four wheels plus an alignment and it feels like crap

Clunk
10th November 2019, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the response guys I didn't known that the Gq wabbles meant a death wabbles I had that before and I defiantly know what it is, oh well back to the drawing board I have vibrations at high speed not voilant like in a death wabbles but vary annoying but I have changed a heap of stuff over and yesterday I balanced all four wheels plus an alignment and it feels like crapHow high is high speed, how did they balance your tyres, did they use fingers through the wheel stud holes?

Is vibration coming through the steering wheel or through the car?

First Pooy
29th November 2019, 07:39 PM
How high is high speed, how did they balance your tyres, did they use fingers through the wheel stud holes?

Is vibration coming through the steering wheel or through the car?

Between 100-110 and I balanced the sunnys myself and the vibrations was through car and wheel, but I have worked most of the problems out my diff was out of alignment causing drive line vibrations and the tyres have had it, one fell apart when I was debeeding it so I had to put the spare on and suddenly nearly all the problems were gone