PDA

View Full Version : Whats your backyard passion

threedogs
30th October 2019, 12:23 PM
As it says, whats your back yard passion, and has it changed over
the years, be it a collection or tying flies or restoring cars or
bikes. My mate has a huge pre 1940 oil can bottles and signs
of every type. I kinda collect some as well but mainly handy oil cans
or anything priced right. Plus I love my brass mortar and pestles.
I must have the largest collection in Aust, lol lol

MudRunnerTD
30th October 2019, 05:48 PM
Building a GQ from the Ground up TWICE in the back yard. Grass dont grow there now!!

Side note... Got my Building Permit Yesterday! New Shed with Hoist before Christmas!!

AB
30th October 2019, 09:35 PM
Just built a study desk for the kiddies!

Passion lately in the shed has been finally finishing a half built house that’s been like this for 10 years!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeBee
30th October 2019, 09:38 PM
Great to see the 'long neck' is there, waiting for their hydration!!!

Looks great Andy.

mudski
31st October 2019, 01:15 PM
I don't really have a backyard passion. If I ever get a new shed to park the Patrol in, that will be my new passion. Living in the shed. It would be nice to have a section of it decked out with a wood fire, couches and T.v. And a fridge of course. Slowly but surely it will happen.

Hodge
31st October 2019, 01:47 PM
It would be nice to have a section of it decked out with a wood fire, couches and T.v. And a fridge of course. Slowly but surely it will happen.

Ummm you already have an amazing setup like that Marko, ground level?... I'd do many unfavourable things for anything remotely like that!

Clunk
31st October 2019, 05:51 PM
Master ......... bating [emoji2957][emoji1787][emoji3061]

MB
31st October 2019, 06:16 PM
Best Initials ever I agree!
Got caught once by low flying valley top balloons, made the little headlines in Japan :-)

Brissieboy
31st October 2019, 07:34 PM
Spam alert!!!

rusty_nail
31st October 2019, 08:02 PM
Working on landscaping my backyard, about 1000m2 and slowly making it useable space with a superb lawn. I bought my house nearly 2 years ago and absolutely enjoy all the time I have spent working on it to make it "my own'

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Winnie
31st October 2019, 08:26 PM
Working on landscaping my backyard, about 1000m2 and slowly making it useable space with a superb lawn. I bought my house nearly 2 years ago and absolutely enjoy all the time I have spent working on it to make it "my own'

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkYeah same, my lawn is looking awesome at the moment and am just about to build some more big raised veggie garden beds.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mudski
31st October 2019, 09:04 PM
Ummm you already have an amazing setup like that Marko, ground level?... I'd do many unfavourable things for anything remotely like that!

Where? Not the garage that I can't fit my Patrol unless I remove the roof rack? Nah mate. Im talking a mans shed! Big enough for the Patrol, workspace, chill out space and some where to park my dream car.

Winnie
31st October 2019, 09:07 PM
Where? Not the garage that I can't fit my Patrol unless I remove the roof rack? Nah mate. Im talking a mans shed! Big enough for the Patrol, workspace, chill out space and some where to park my dream car.This is my shed, it's not finished but getting there.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/227.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/228.jpg

mudski
31st October 2019, 09:08 PM

Wow! 2 years already? Time flies. You got a nice backyard too.

mudski
31st October 2019, 09:09 PM
This is my shed, it's not finished but getting there.

Thats what Im talking about. Love it mate! A bit jealous too.

Hodge
31st October 2019, 10:00 PM
Where? Not the garage that I can't fit my Patrol unless I remove the roof rack? Nah mate. Im talking a mans shed! Big enough for the Patrol, workspace, chill out space and some where to park my dream car.I'm talking about your ground level where you're big couch, computer and fire place is...

Plasnart
31st October 2019, 11:08 PM

Yeah mate if I had a shed like that I'd be 6 months in there with the wood fire and 6 in the house over summer.

Avo
31st October 2019, 11:38 PM
Master ......... bating [emoji2957][emoji1787][emoji3061]Is the pool full yet,only a few weeks till summer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mudski
1st November 2019, 07:19 AM
I'm talking about your ground level where you're big couch, computer and fire place is...

Ah yes. But I can't fit the Patrol in there. Haha!

10G
1st November 2019, 09:50 AM
Just built a study desk for the kiddies!

Passion lately in the shed has been finally finishing a half built house that’s been like this for 10 years!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/225.jpg

That first step looks like a killer AB.

NissanGQ4.2
1st November 2019, 02:48 PM

I'm very jealous poo bear if I had a man shed and some where 2 park the poo troll that wasn't gravel and had some room 2 work around it it might actually be on the road by now... well maybe not but I'm sure 2 the point where it would be driveable on the road :(

Clunk
1st November 2019, 04:17 PM
Is the pool full yet,only a few weeks till summer

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkWon't take much longer petal

mudnut
1st November 2019, 04:43 PM
Actually getting the shed and contents in order has kept me busy for months. Rats invaded it last year. I would go in there to get something and try not to dry wretch at the stench.

After a long regime of poisoning I have reclaimed my realm. I have been slowly building cabinets out of old pallets and fitted caster wheel on them, so I can clean behind them.

Hodge
1st November 2019, 05:50 PM
Actually getting the shed and contents in order has kept me busy for months. Rats invaded it last year. I would go in there to get something and try not to dry wretch at the stench.

After a long regime of poisoning I have reclaimed my realm. I have been slowly building cabinets out of old pallets and fitted caster wheel on them, so I can clean behind them.Cat or a brown snake locked in there would have sorted that out in no time...

Yes it has been done before :)

mudski
1st November 2019, 08:56 PM
Cat or a brown snake locked in there would have sorted that out in no time...

Lol. My cat would just look at the rat and think, meh, can't be f$#ked. Given that he's 22 I don't blame him.

Sprock
2nd November 2019, 12:16 AM
2 yrs Rusty ?! Jesus & I havnt even made it down there to see it yet - or yours Muddy for that matter , between work & the other shit we’ve got going on I just don’t seem to do anything 😔

AB
2nd November 2019, 06:28 AM
That first step looks like a killer AB.

Bahaha work in progress mate.

mudnut
2nd November 2019, 10:32 AM

Have seen four copper heads already, this season. There was a small one under the shed last year but it didn't touch the rats. I think it was after the skinks and blue tongues.

Plasnart
2nd November 2019, 05:06 PM
Have seen four copper heads already, this season. There was a small one under the shed last year but it didn't touch the rats. I think it was after the skinks and blue tongues.

That's a good sign mate. I think it was Hodge who said they keep the brownies away. Or was that red belly blacks that did that? Eric?

mudnut
2nd November 2019, 05:29 PM
I think it is the Red bellies that eat other snakes. The copperheads seem to be very passive but you never know. I have been mowing walking tracks all around the paddocks just to gives us a chance to see the buggers in time.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd November 2019, 07:17 AM
I think it is the Red bellies that eat other snakes.

Something I copied out from this site: https://biomedicalsciences.unimelb.edu.au/departments/pharmacology/engage/avru/discover/snakes/black-snakes-pseudechis

"A positive and widespread piece of folk wisdom about red-bellied black snakes is that they eat the more dangerous eastern brown snakes (Pseudonaja textilis), and thus if red-bellied black snakes are present, brown snakes will not be. Unfortunately, this is not entirely true – whilst red-bellied black snakes will certainly eat brown snakes (and other snakes), and thus may contribute to keeping their numbers down, the presence of black snakes is no guarantee as to the absence of brown snakes. It is an interesting fact, however, that black snakes appear immune to the venom of brown and other venomous snakes, as they have been observed receiving multiple bites from their toxic prey without apparent ill effect."

Hodge
3rd November 2019, 08:55 AM
That's a good sign mate. I think it was @Hodge (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=15680) who said they keep the brownies away. Or was that red belly blacks that did that? Eric?

Red bellies will munch on the others if they manage to grab one, but doesn't mean you wont have the others still hanging around. There is no territoriality involved here. Tigers are absolutely everywhere regardless of what other snakes are around.
IMO red bellies would not be able to keep up with tiger numbers. I reckon for every red belly you see, there is probably 6 tigers within 1km radius.
Go for a walk along a creek or swampy area one morning 28-30C degrees preffered, usually 10-12pm... and count how many tigers you see vs. red bellies or browns. You'll see what i mean.

We lifted one of them kids sand shell things once in yarrambat and there was a tiger sinking its fangs all over this black. Unfortunately for the tiger , it was half digested and it was all over red rover. We let if finish its business and bagged the red later.
When my mate went to relocate/release it, he found 2 snakes in the bag. One of them had seen better days to say the least.

mudnut
3rd November 2019, 09:51 AM
We are situated near a creek, and have some low seasonally swampy ground. Yabbies dig holes in winter and many animals use the holes during the dry months.

MB
3rd November 2019, 12:23 PM
Sunday BBQ’s, throwing another Shrimp on before our season end.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/10.jpg

MB
3rd November 2019, 05:43 PM
We are situated near a creek, and have some low seasonally swampy ground. Yabbies dig holes in winter and many animals use the holes during the dry months.

This may work, we hope :-)

https://youtu.be/mhuGpWU_zgM

Our local relatively peaceful Female Copperheads seem to become super vibration horny and bugger off next door for a quickie :-)

rusty_nail
3rd November 2019, 07:58 PM
Sunday BBQ’s, throwing another Shrimp on before our season end.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWorked well mate!!

threedogs
5th November 2019, 01:01 PM

Where the heck do you get/buy a flipping brown snake these days
wouldnt a python be a better option lol Brown snake please and
2 anacondas oh an a couple of frilled neck lizards just bill them to
my room lololol

Hodge
5th November 2019, 01:37 PM
Where the heck do you get/buy a flipping brown snake these days
wouldnt a python be a better option lol Brown snake please and
2 anacondas oh an a couple of frilled neck lizards just bill them to
my room lolololA simple walk down to your local creek TD! Lol
You pick , color , size, shed or not shed. Bring a canvas bag and one of them extension grabber stick doodahs .. [emoji28]

On a serious level... :)
Fark that . There's a reason I left that game yonks ago. Just leave it to a bloke that's more nuts or has bigger nuts ... Or both.

threedogs
5th November 2019, 01:44 PM
Cool didnt know that of you.
Was down Hoppers last week and a guy had "THE SNAKE CATCHER"
written down the side of his twin cab.
We used to get snakes here all the time but its been
10yrs since Ive seen or heard of them. Having a 4x4 ppl tend
to knock on my door thinking Im a Steve Erwin far from it.
Hate them dont want to even see one. No mice either for a while maybe they are back
If anyone sees one place a phone book on it and ring your local "SNAKE MAN"

mudski
8th November 2019, 08:34 PM
Too farkin’ cold for the snakes now. They would have gone back into hibernation thinking shit! Summer is over already?!

Hodge
8th November 2019, 08:38 PM
Too farkin’ cold for the snakes now. They would have gone back into hibernation thinking shit! Summer is over already?!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou'd be very surprised my friend.

But yeah, I agree. This cold stuff can fark right off, and then fark off some more......