PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 DDTi bubbles in header tank

RJames
8th October 2019, 10:15 PM
Hello all,
I have been following this forum with interest for several years now and have been a recreational bush driver for most of my life in Nth Qld and NT and lately in NSW.
I had a G60 SWB wagon and caravan in the late 80's until it became impractical with a growing family. After a few 2wd towing vehicles I now have a 2003 GU111 Wagon with the ZD30DDTi engine which I found to be a great, economical, comfortable vehicle until the last trip away with the van when it suddenly overheated and started blowing bubbles in the header tank. I bought the car 5 years ago and have fitted several mods that I found in the advice posts on forums - temp and boost gauges, exhaust recirculation blank, Dawes valve boost control, breather vapour separator, oversize intercooler, and thought that I had bulletproofed it as much as possible. A local mechanic told me that I have done well to get 370+k from the engine so I am looking for options to get it back on the road - I am now retired and do not have an unlimited budget!
Has anyone in a similar situation had experience with repairers on the NSW Central Coast that they would recommend and which options they chose to go with?
Thanks for advice
Cheers

MB
8th October 2019, 11:25 PM
Does sound very unfortunate sorry to hear James mate!
I believe maybe you’re asking whether or not to fix the 3.0L head/gasket/block and or change motors expensively too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
9th October 2019, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

BillsGU
9th October 2019, 09:34 PM
You have either done a head gasket or you have a cracked head. Not good or cheap news.