PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

weinie
8th October 2019, 09:37 PM
G'day all!

Just introducing myself, I've got a 1991 GQ TD42 which I'm slowly setting up for touring.

Just picked up a set of EFI brakes to throw on and a factory rear diff lock to wire up as well.

Looking forward to digging into the forums heaps as I've also caved in the rear quarter and will be reading stacks on welding in a new panel :)

weinie
8th October 2019, 10:44 PM

Pic of my caved rear quarter, if anyone has advice on best plan to replace it I'd love to hear :)

MB
8th October 2019, 11:04 PM
Crikey Weinie mate, aint no panel beater either nuffy me, who how where did that beaut GQ travesty occur good man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
9th October 2019, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

weinie
9th October 2019, 06:10 PM
Yeah, was not my best move. Was on Mt Terrible I believe, took a side track, the wheel rut had a large 1-2ft drop in the right track, I figured no sliders I'l straddle the rut! Easy! After that I'm unsure precisely where it went wrong, either I overshot the wheel positions, or the front auto locker spun a wheel a bit but the left wheel ended up in the rut and bam. Rolled it. Only thing that stopped me tumbling down the rest of the hill was the tree next to the ruts and the roof top tent / roofrack.
Say what you want about kings, but the rack and tent held!!

Didn't break glass either, just caved the rear, front left panel damage and roof rail's aren't exactly straight, but no other damage. got it winched back over by a mate, about an hour later started it up and away I went. No knocks etc or smoke so lucked out in not bending a rod either I think!

AB
10th October 2019, 08:27 AM
Ouch!!!

Welcome to the forum mate!

vatra123
20th October 2019, 07:01 AM
Hello how are you doing ?