PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control Help

find_adam
5th October 2019, 10:53 AM
Hey guys and girls

I ahve a question in regards to cruise control
Car is a 2003 Zd30DDti

The car was in an accident and some clown replaved the steering wheel with a series 2 wheel. They didnt install the cruise control switch

The car has a led light near the heat switch that says cruise

I cant findf any info regarding teh cruise control system in the workshop manuals
As this car is drive by wire is there a separate cruise module or does it just integrate with the system if i install the switch?

Any help please.. even if someone has that bit of teh manual!

thanks

the evil twin
5th October 2019, 11:19 AM
You can download the full Service manual for your vehicle here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4202-Nissan-Patrol-GU-Y61-service-manual-INC-Supplement-I-II-III-IV-V-VI-VII-amp-VIII

I'm not familiar with the series 2 and 3 (had a 1 and a 5 myself) but would have thought that a separate LED labelled "cruise" meant you had an aftermarket cruise control which might explain the issue...

find_adam
6th October 2019, 11:00 PM
Gu 1 had a toggle switch on the dash and only 3 buttons on the steering wheel.
Gu 4 had a 4 button switch on the steering wheel.
Im unsure about series 2 and 3
Anyone got pics of switch and the inducator to know when its on or off ?

0-TJ-0
7th October 2019, 12:38 AM
I've got a gu3 and the buttons are on the wheel with "cruise" indicators in the dash cluster. No separate led.

happygu
7th October 2019, 09:48 AM
Hey guys and girls

I ahve a question in regards to cruise control
Car is a 2003 Zd30DDti

The car was in an accident and some clown replaved the steering wheel with a series 2 wheel. They didnt install the cruise control switch

The car has a led light near the heat switch that says cruise

I cant findf any info regarding teh cruise control system in the workshop manuals
As this car is drive by wire is there a separate cruise module or does it just integrate with the system if i install the switch?

Any help please.. even if someone has that bit of teh manual!

thanks

My 2003 3L Di didn't have cruise control as standard, so I would guess yours was aftermarket like mine was when I put it on.

The dealers back then would install the Autron Cruise Control Unit as a 'factory' fitment, and the separate LED is similar to the Autron unit I had so it could be that one.

If you take a look and find an Auscruise module somewhere ( possibly under the dash if i remember right ), then it is definitely the Autron Unit

find_adam
7th October 2019, 03:26 PM
My 2003 3L Di didn't have cruise control as standard, so I would guess yours was aftermarket like mine was when I put it on.

The dealers back then would install the Autron Cruise Control Unit as a 'factory' fitment, and the separate LED is similar to the Autron unit I had so it could be that one.

If you take a look and find an Auscruise module somewhere ( possibly under the dash if i remember right ), then it is definitely the Autron Unit

Ill take a pic of the button and trace some wirez today