PDA

View Full Version : Hello Nissan Patrol Community

madrider70
13th June 2011, 10:34 PM
Hello Nissan Patrol community , my name is Alan from Hillside in Victoria. After two of my mates bought patrols and went 4WDriving, I decided to buy one as well > Black 2011 3.0 TD ST due mid July. Would have settled for a 2004 TD, Silver with only 120,000 kms excellent condition inside and out and only $21,000 with roadworthy which was recently advertised on the internet and available for viewing in Taralgon, but I think this was a SCAM. The seller said she was now employed in MADRID Spain, and the Patrol was warehoused somewhere in WA and would pay freight if I bought the Patrol. Her mobile # that she gave was first not contactable then disconnected but offered no alternative number such as a land line and was stange if she wanted a quick sale. Those looking or know someone who is looking to buy a Nissan Diesel Auto Patrol, should take caution if they come across this ad or similar.
In her email she wrote "I would like to close this deal through eBay because carsales doesn't provide us any purchase protection, if that's OK with you " --- this is when alarm bells started ringing again.

Anyway back to the reason why I joined the forum, Dont really know much about Diesels and hopefully the Patrol community can educate and give me advice. Is their anything I should watch out for when I get my Patrol ? Having owned a petrol 100/200 series Landcruiser, I just started the car and go without warming it up. Can I do the same thing with the Patrol TD? Can I still get the genuine round alloy bullbar ? I think they are the 100 series ?

Thanks
Alan

Bigrig
13th June 2011, 10:35 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

YNOT
13th June 2011, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Alan.
Modern engines don't have a compulsory warm up period, just start and go.
You can still get genuine alloy bullbars for new GU Patrols.
Not sure about your 100 series reference in the last line, 100 series is a Toyota reference? Nissan Patrols use GUI, GUII etc, the current Patrol is about a GU6.

Tony

big_fletch
13th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have another member aboard

Fletcha

madrider70
13th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Tony,

In reference to the alloy bullbar its p/n F2200 VD100AU also known Patrol Wagon Bullbar Alloy (100). This has a more rounder look.... my uncle had this on his 06 patrol, but I dont think Nissan sells this any more and only sell the Patrol Wagon Alloy Bullbar (500), which has the angled corners.

Alan

YNOT
13th June 2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks Tony,

In reference to the alloy bullbar its p/n F2200 VD100AU also known Patrol Wagon Bullbar Alloy (100). This has a more rounder look.... my uncle had this on his 06 patrol, but I dont think Nissan sells this any more and only sell the Patrol Wagon Alloy Bullbar (500), which has the angled corners.

Alan

OK I understand the reference now. Try sending "nizzbits" a private message, he deals in genuine Nissan parts and may be more help tracking down the bar you want.

Tony

katwoman
13th June 2011, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, Alan

growler2058
14th June 2011, 06:40 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a good mob here full of great info and advice

Dhuck
14th June 2011, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
14th June 2011, 07:53 AM
Welcome Allan. Join in the conversations and enjoy the Ride.

AB
14th June 2011, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
14th June 2011, 05:13 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Alan

Sir Roofy
14th June 2011, 05:32 PM
welcome aboard alan good info on the troll
scam enjoy your stay

Finly Owner
14th June 2011, 08:46 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Alan

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
14th June 2011, 09:09 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Alan

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willin 2 help out were they can.

Enjoy the forum n what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

madrider70
14th June 2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Tony, I emailed Nizzbits and they were very prompt in their reply.

The manufacturers of the p/n F2200 VD100AU also known Patrol Wagon Bullbar Alloy (100) went bust and had the copyrights to this bull bar which had the rounded edge look - (Similar to the Landcruiser 100 estate bullbar).

Rgds
Alan

Clunk
15th June 2011, 03:46 AM
G'day Alan and welcome aboard mate

timbar
15th June 2011, 06:07 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim