PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice from the gourou's out there

First Pooy
6th September 2019, 07:37 PM
I put a superior 3 in lift kit in and all sorts of wierd things are happening but first my panhard is at full adjustment and I still need about half an inch to line with chassis, I rang superior and they can't explain it espeicaily with having a 3 inch lift I should be winding the panhard the other way, they did suggest taking one of the lock nuts out but that did'nt work the only thing that I can see is cutting the new bar down to get more adjustment

rusty_nail
6th September 2019, 08:29 PM
hey mate, Goro here

any chance you can upload a pic of your panhards etc? pics tell a thousand words, might be something super obvious.

First Pooy
6th September 2019, 08:41 PM
hey mate, Goro here

any chance you can upload a pic of your panhards etc? pics tell a thousand words, might be something super obvious.

Yeah I can take a pic but I found the problem the sent me Gq panhard that is striaght and I have Gu diffs and the panhard in the pics has a bend in it, I did tell them that I had Gu diffs and I was told that there is no difference in the kits appart from the connection at the steering box well that is'nt so apparently

rusty_nail
6th September 2019, 09:07 PM
Rossco MudRunnerTD are a few of the members on here running gu diffs on gqs i believe. they might be able to give you some direction?

nissannewby
6th September 2019, 09:33 PM
All front Panhard rods have a curve in them whether it be GQ or gu. Is the rear one straight?

First Pooy
6th September 2019, 09:38 PM
All front Panhard rods have a curve in them whether it be GQ or gu. Is the rear one straight?

My rear one is striaght at the moment but the Gu rear panhard on there site has a bend in it and it is for utes and wagons pre 2000 and mine is out of a ute

Ben-e-boy
7th September 2019, 12:50 PM
I put a superior 3 in lift kit in and all sorts of wierd things are happening but first my panhard is at full adjustment and I still need about half an inch to line with chassis, I rang superior and they can't explain it espeicaily with having a 3 inch lift I should be winding the panhard the other way, they did suggest taking one of the lock nuts out but that did'nt work the only thing that I can see is cutting the new bar down to get more adjustment

Got any pics? Honestly, cutting the bar down is stupid. You've done something wrong .

Also, how did you go with the pinion angle

mudski
7th September 2019, 02:55 PM
Can you provide links to the exact ones you bought? If the rod are adjusted all the way in they would be too long that means. So you might have gotten a longer bar to suit larger lift than what you have?
Just thinking out aloud here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 03:13 PM
Got any pics? Honestly, cutting the bar down is stupid. You've done something wrong .

Also, how did you go with the pinion angle

I am convinced I have been sent the wrong bar from superior and here are the pics 792857928679287792887928979284

Winnie
7th September 2019, 03:15 PM
Panhard between GU and GQ are interchangeable though. I have a GQ panhard on mine with GU diffs and it is fine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 03:54 PM
https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/4x4-suspension/suspension-parts/superior-panhard-rod-nissan-patrol-gq-adjustable-rear-885?filter=128%2C355%2CNissan-Patrol-GQ90on-1990-1997--WagonLWBDiesel4.2%2C2.8

Ben-e-boy
7th September 2019, 04:15 PM
I am convinced I have been sent the wrong bar from superior and here are the pics

If thats the case measure centres and compare to the factory bar. In reality it should end up about an inch or so longer than the factory bar to re-centre everything

Again, how did you go with your pinion angle. It still looks like it's rolled a fair way forward

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 04:54 PM
If thats the case measure centres and compare to the factory bar. In reality it should end up about an inch or so longer than the factory bar to re-centre everything

Again, how did you go with your pinion angle. It still looks like it's rolled a fair way forward

So far the mesurments say it is right but I will finish the front end first and recheck it again and if I go the lower control arms eventually it would push the back wheels back again and change the tail shaft angle also

Ben-e-boy
7th September 2019, 05:17 PM
If the measurements say it's right, then it'll be right.

Didn't you get adjustable uppers? Adjust them to set the angle

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 05:54 PM
If the measurements say it's right, then it'll be right.

Didn't you get adjustable uppers? Adjust them to set the angle

Yeah I got adjustable upper control arms but the wheels are very close to the gaurd so longer lower will give me more room and better stability/flex

mudnut
7th September 2019, 06:36 PM
Remember to leave all bushes loose enough to settle in the right position once the vehicle is on the ground. This allows you to tighten them so it doesn't put undue stress on them when flexing.

mudski
7th September 2019, 07:33 PM

Yeah you can clearly see in the last pic the diff is pointing down too much still.

Just for shits and giggles. You haven't got the control arms in arse about? As the bush ends are angled so there is a left and right to them. Just thinking if they are arse about it may be stopping you from correctly adjusting the panhard... Dunno...

tryan277
7th September 2019, 08:22 PM
Do not have a answer to your question, but the orientation of your shocks, is there a reason why you installed them the way you have?
To me they are upside down. Maybe it does not matter.

Cheers Trevor

mudski
7th September 2019, 09:13 PM
Do not have a answer to your question, but the orientation of your shocks, is there a reason why you installed them the way you have?
To me they are upside down. Maybe it does not matter.

Cheers Trevor

The pics are just upside down. Lol. They are the right way mate. The blue boot is covering the shock absorber shaft.

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 09:27 PM
Remember to leave all bushes loose enough to settle in the right position once the vehicle is on the ground. This allows you to tighten them so it doesn't put undue stress on them when flexing.

Yeah I left everything lose until the patrols full wieght was on them and then torqed them up.

tryan277
7th September 2019, 09:34 PM
Yes I was turning my laptop around to get the orientation correct so the overall picture made sense.
It can be a challenge when taking photos and uploading them that the orientation makes for a confusing picture.
I always thought that the "shaft" part would be at the top to minimise potential damage from stones etc.
The boot provided by Superior Engineering is relatively lightweight. I have the same shocks on the rear of my Patrol which I'm replacing as one is now weeping oil.
Cheers Trevor

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 09:52 PM
Yeah you can clearly see in the last pic the diff is pointing down too much still.

Just for shits and giggles. You haven't got the control arms in arse about? As the bush ends are angled so there is a left and right to them. Just thinking if they are arse about it may be stopping you from correctly adjusting the panhard... Dunno...

The upper control arms are in the right way around the adjustment end needs to go to the chassis and nothing on them or in the instructions said anything about a left and right and the pan hard can only go in one way large eye to small eye

First Pooy
7th September 2019, 10:14 PM
Yes I was turning my laptop around to get the orientation correct so the overall picture made sense.
It can be a challenge when taking photos and uploading them that the orientation makes for a confusing picture.
I always thought that the "shaft" part would be at the top to minimise potential damage from stones etc.
The boot provided by Superior Engineering is relatively lightweight. I have the same shocks on the rear of my Patrol which I'm replacing as one is now weeping oil.
Cheers Trevor

Yeah sorry about that the forum doesn't like me I want to my gallery and the pics are up the right way but when I load them they want crazy, and because the shocks have a remote reservoir the shaft needs to be on the bottom other wise the hose would cycle up and down

tryan277
7th September 2019, 10:23 PM
Thanks for that.
I'm not using remote reservoir shocks so I guess it does not matter which way they go.

Cheers Trevor

Ben-e-boy
8th September 2019, 10:26 AM
Yeah I got adjustable upper control arms but the wheels are very close to the gaurd so longer lower will give me more room and better stability/flex

That's still going to need to be adjusted out to set your pinion angle. If you don't, adding longer lowers will make it point further down.

The +10's or 16's or whatever they are, just recenter everything. The geometries get worse the more you lift and the more travel you have