PDA

View Full Version : Drive line issues

First Pooy
4th September 2019, 07:07 PM
I am in the middle of puting in my superior engineering 3 inch lift kit and one thing I noticed is when I lifted the Gq the tail shaft was sitting heavely on the cross member well I was forced to leave after that so I have had no time to investigate what was going on, I do remember superior saying something about modifying something to get more flex maybe that was it or is this just another problem to be fixed

mudnut
4th September 2019, 07:23 PM
Has it been reversed so that the female (larger end) is now a bolted to the diff?

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2019, 07:42 PM
Yeah flip the tail shaft should fix the problem.

MB
4th September 2019, 07:48 PM
Totally ADR wrong to do I assume but have seen mash hammers used to ding that round pipe a wee bit flatter on its top hidden side.
Personally just let my on air coil replacements run at a happy 2” instead of 4” although she can be a greedy length gal at times tip toeing through deeper river crossings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy
4th September 2019, 07:57 PM
Flip the rear drive shaft. If you have gone for bulk travel you'll need to notch that crossmember too. I had to do that on mine and it'll still touch if everything is extended.
You'll notice that the crossmember is flat on top, I just cut that out and welded a plate in.
You also need to check the front shaft on the gearbox crossmember. That'll need to be scalloped out to clear also.

First Pooy
4th September 2019, 08:17 PM
The tail shaft has already been turned around and I couldn't even bolt up the diff with out lifting it with a jack crazy stuff happening

Ben-e-boy
4th September 2019, 08:27 PM
Do you mean jack up the pinion to bolt it up???

First Pooy
4th September 2019, 09:09 PM
Do you mean jack up the pinion to bolt it up???

Yes lol.....

Ben-e-boy
4th September 2019, 09:11 PM
Um. Did you get extended rear lower control arms and still have stock uppers? Thats how the pinion can point downwards.

First Pooy
4th September 2019, 09:33 PM
Um. Did you get extended rear lower control arms and still have stock uppers? Thats how the pinion can point downwards.

No I have adjustable upper control arms and fixed lower, the instructions called for the pinion flang to be parallel to the out put shaft flang

Ben-e-boy
4th September 2019, 09:39 PM
If the pinion is hanging down you are on the wrong side of zero degrees.