PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge vacuum ??

sherman tank
12th June 2011, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend a good boost gauge, boost or mechanical ? and has anyone had or heard about scottsrods exhausts in Ipswich ? good or bad.
currently gathering bits to block egr , fit dawes n needle valve (same day) then fit 3'' exhaust and turbo timer and egt gauge.
Once I've done all of the above '' what could possibly go wrong ?? ''

Thanks in advance for your help.

YNOT
12th June 2011, 11:20 PM
I use VDO boost (mechanical type guage) and pyro guages, haven't had any trouble with them. You need a 0-30Psi guage, no need for it to read vacuum as diesels don't produce vacuum in the inlet.
I haven't heard anything bad about Scottsrods but I've never dealt with them either. I have fitted Beaudesert exhausts to 2 of my Patrols and highly recommend them.

Tony

sherman tank
12th June 2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks Tony
ebay surfing again for gauge

big_fletch
12th June 2011, 11:30 PM
I use VDO boost (mechanical type guage) and pyro guages, haven't had any trouble with them. You need a 0-30Psi guage, no need for it to read vacuum as diesels don't produce vacuum in the inlet.
I haven't heard anything bad about Scottsrods but I've never dealt with them either. I have fitted Beaudesert exhausts to 2 of my Patrols and highly recommend them.

Tony

I love my vdo gauges, as Tony said don't need a gauge that measures vacuum.. I have a mate running a scotts rods exhaust and is very pleased with it.. Am looking at getting one myself

the godfather
13th June 2011, 12:46 AM
I just ordered the VDO Boost and pyro. All up $290.00. Good brand that has served me well with other gauges in the past on the farm. So I figured if they last there they will last in anything.

sherman tank
16th June 2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you to all new gauges coming from the states