PDA

View Full Version : Kaymar swing arms

First Pooy
19th August 2019, 06:58 PM
Can any one tell me the size of the pin on the kaymar swing arm ?

PeeBee
20th August 2019, 10:11 AM
From memory there are two styles. The original used a parallel bar circa 25mm, at least thats what was on my troopy, then they changed the design to a trailer stub axle design as it was a better system and didn't have seize up issues. What style do you have? Or are you looking to fab one yourself/

First Pooy
20th August 2019, 10:44 AM
I have a bar on my Gq with a stub axle on it and some friends have there old swing always arms of there Gu I think it was a Gu just seeing if it would fit on mine

PeeBee
20th August 2019, 12:45 PM
I have a bar on my Gq with a stub axle on it and some friends have there old swing always arms of there Gu I think it was a Gu just seeing if it would fit on mine

I would reckon they are the same item to be honest. You could confirm this with a quick call to Kaymar.

geoffayres
23rd August 2019, 09:46 PM
The Kaymar bar on my Series 1 GU has Holden stub axles (LM bearings), but i believe later bars have Ford stub axles (SL bearings). Not sure when the change was made....

MudRunnerTD
24th August 2019, 08:07 AM

If they don't fit I would be very keen it they have a passenger side swing off a gu

First Pooy
25th August 2019, 09:49 AM
If they don't fit I would be very keen it they have a passenger side swing off a gu

No problems I will chase it up when I get back to it,I am busy dealing with my diff rebuild dramas at the moment