PDA

View Full Version : sd33 to sd33t

mat
11th June 2011, 07:11 PM
Hi all i have just bought myself a 1987 MK cab chassis partol with a sd33 and she is a little slow. so i wanted to know if i couild bolt a turbo and manifolds from a sd33t onto it or will this stress the engine out too much? and if it can be done what do i deed to do?
Thank you for your time.

the ferret
11th June 2011, 07:19 PM
Hi Mat, it can and has been done, but the SD33s are only a 3 bearing crank, so is the SD33t, however the rings per piston are different, head gasket is different, injector pump is different.
If the motor is tired, I wouldn't bother, best to look out for a good turbo motor.

Woof
11th June 2011, 08:00 PM
Hey Mat, its always a good idea to post up an introduction before asking questions mate, just letting you know.

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Mat I confer with Ferret, where are you getting manifold etc? If it's a donor motor, swap whole engine.

Tim

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 08:12 PM
PS I own a MK with SD33T and have research in depth all there is (well almost) there is to know about these motors. I have two spares one going to be replacement soon and other...well I'll see!

Tim

mat
11th June 2011, 08:30 PM
sorry for no introduction,
hi my name is mathew. ( Hi :D ) im 34 years old i live in perth western australia and love my toys.

Bigrig
11th June 2011, 08:33 PM
sorry for no introduction,
hi my name is mathew. ( Hi :D ) im 34 years old i live in perth western australia and love my toys.

G'day champion!!

mat
11th June 2011, 08:38 PM
Mat I confer with Ferret, where are you getting manifold etc? If it's a donor motor, swap whole engine.

Tim

i seen a set of manifolds on ebay, inlet, exhaust and turbo every thing needed to bolt up and go (except exhaust dump pipe) he also had a injector pump from a sd33t.
i have been looking in wa for a compleate engine but nothing so i thought this might be a good idea?
as if i have to rebuild block with turbo parts ( i am a spare parts manager so parts are can be cheep) it might not be a bad idea as a second hand engine might be on its wa out also.

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 09:26 PM
i seen a set of manifolds on ebay, inlet, exhaust and turbo every thing needed to bolt up and go (except exhaust dump pipe) he also had a injector pump from a sd33t.
i have been looking in wa for a compleate engine but nothing so i thought this might be a good idea?
as if i have to rebuild block with turbo parts ( i am a spare parts manager so parts are can be cheep) it might not be a bad idea as a second hand engine might be on its wa out also.
So you should be able to get a complete rebuild kit for a SD33T for around $1200.00 and get a well used SD33T and rebuild it.
Liners,Rings,Bearings,Gaskets,Pistons etc.

Tim