PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Snorkel and recovery points

rkinsey
8th August 2019, 08:26 AM
G'day everyone,

Well I finally picked it up the other day. 2001 GU TB45E 5 Speed manual. Has one of the most expensive radios I have ever seen. An Alpine iLX-107 that only supports iPhone.... (For $3700 for the radio, amp and SUB install, I would have done it a little different. But each to their own...) The owner said that the sub tank pump wasn't working and it needed to be replaced. Disconnected the battery for 5 mins and we are back in business... Nice!

I will be getting a second set of wheels and tyres for it to take it into the bush. I wouldn't take those rims out. Im thinking a set of 16" steel rims with 33" rubber (dont know if I will go AT or MT or Maxxis over Cooper yet)

I am looking for a snorkel. I would like a SS black powder coated one. Does anyone know where in Sydney I can get one?

We had a member on this forum that made rated recovery points and I cant remember who that was. Is anyone still doing them?

Which winch to get? Well there is a can of worms. More research required on that one.

Rear Bar. That is a future mod that is on the list.

Im not sure if Im going to need rock sliders or not. Don't know if I want to go that extreme. Maybe another future mod.

It has the old IPF lights up front. They are definitely going to be replaced with a set of LEDs or I might convert them to HID. Not sure on that one either yet. A light bar will be there as well somewhere. I have one on the Explorer and they are fantastic.

Avo
8th August 2019, 04:02 PM
You thinking of Threedogs
Not sure if he still does them,but shoot him.a pm
Nice looking rig

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rkinsey
8th August 2019, 04:59 PM
You thinking of Threedogs
Not sure if he still does them,but shoot him.a pm
Nice looking rig

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks Avo. I will shot him a message.

mudski
9th August 2019, 08:45 AM
Neat ride there mate.
Most of the snorkel guys are on Face Ache I believe. I have a Radius Fab black snorkel and love it.

rkinsey
9th August 2019, 07:11 PM
Neat ride there mate.
Most of the snorkel guys are on Face Ache I believe. I have a Radius Fab black snorkel and love it.

G'day Mudski,

Thanks mate. Its getting hard to find a non molested Patrol of any ilk now. I was lucky with this one. Never taken off road and was a lease vehicle that the owner drove to and from work every day. Has been very well looked after. Only have a few things to fix but nothing major.

I found Axis Fabrication at a reasonable price of $520 for a kit which I think is very reasonable.

https://www.axisfabrication.com.au/snorkels/nissan-patrol-gu-series-1-3-snorkel

mudski
9th August 2019, 08:11 PM
I case you don’t know those snorkels with the end facing back are noisy, especially for the passenger. I went the air ram option with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk