PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 2001 GUIII ST 4.8 5sp auto

nikkyboy
30th July 2019, 06:56 PM
Evening All *edit Nick here, I live down in Melbourne* I just acquired a gold GUIII 4.8 5sp auto built 10/01 from WA (delivered just yesterday) - for a cape trip next year.
its done 309k but came with loads of accessories - snorkel, front ARB winch bar(no winch), UHF, Rear Bar with spare wheel carrier, duel batteries, roof rack, looks like a 2" lift and more.
Got it fairly cheaply but with transit it was almost 6k
Interior is pretty standard and in surprisingly reasonable condition.

The following was listed on the sale ad - so no shocks
Only major issues identified so far the exhaust has extractors but they have been damaged and the rest of the exhaust is in poor shape with no pipe running from the muffler and baffles clearly damaged - so new exhaust is required.
the front wheel bearings were listed as damaged - however the wheel camber appears it may be a result of the lift (more time needed to suss it out as wheels are not wobbly or noticeably loose) - again expected some kind of damage, will look into it over the weekend.

However the MAF pipework has broken and is not sealed to the airbox so that will be a priority. fortunately the old girl runs like a dream those problems permitting. God knows what else we might find as we start to work on her.

Anyway, I will take some photos this weekend - and start a thread showing progress and TLC she needs to get back to her best, incl some of the things I will look at to help resolve the drinking issues 4.8's are known for!

Dhuck
30th July 2019, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
31st July 2019, 08:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum enjoy
Rule 1 pics or it never happened lol

Mc4by
31st July 2019, 11:00 PM
Hello and welcome.

AB
1st August 2019, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AntBuk
4th August 2019, 08:21 PM
Welcome mate