PDA

View Full Version : Gidday People!

DaveyC
24th July 2019, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone,

After 6 months of searching, I've just bought my first Patrol! It's a '15 coil cab ST ute with low k's and plenty of extras. Geez these things are hard to find! Actually, it was built October '15 so maybe it's a '16 model - any thoughts?

I've got massive plans to create the ultimate camping/touring machine, so finding this website and signing up is a great first step. I've already found some great info here, so thanks to all who have contributed already. I'll be sure to take plenty pics of the progress and post it on the forums.

Below is photo #1 on the way home from picking it up.

First job: sound deadening and new audio system - you gotta hear the tunes, right?

Wish me luck.

Regards Dave.

MudRunnerTD
24th July 2019, 09:41 PM
Welcome Dave. Great pickup mate. Enjoy.

Dhuck
24th July 2019, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Avo
25th July 2019, 01:04 AM
Welcome.dave,6a should check out Dx grunt ute,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MB
25th July 2019, 06:00 AM
Welcome aboard Dave, congratulations mate!
Our coil cabs are a very very comfy ute, be sure to check if it’s had the aftermarket coil tower tops braced as they will guaranteed crack/break once loaded up heavy touring.
Unfortunately coily’s have a much lesser GVM than their more common leafy brothers so do be careful mate in your design choices of materials and necessities to carry.
Have fun, stay safe!
Cheers Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
25th July 2019, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

DaveyC
26th July 2019, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the tip Mark. I'll go check them out now.

I'll be sure to keep the weight as low as possible. Just been down to Boss Aluminium talking about a custom sleeper canopy. Lightweight and low centre of gravity is definitely a high priority.

Dave.

*** UPDATE - Seems the previous owner has already installed a Superior Engineering brace across the rear coil towers. One more thing I can cross off the list - awesome! ***

threedogs
26th July 2019, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forum as for your Build start it in members ride.
As a guide check Cuppa @Dxgrunt for some great ideas.
enjoy gotta love a full size ute, great pick up looks awesome as it is

DaveyC
26th July 2019, 03:31 PM
Thanks threedogs. I'll definitely do the members ride thing - stay tuned...