PDA

View Full Version : Returning member

rkinsey
17th July 2019, 02:05 PM
G'day Lads and Lasses,

After a little time away from the Patrol family, I will be back into a new'ish 2001 GU II ST TB45E in the next two weeks. One of the cleanest cars, let alone a Patrol, that I have had the pleasure of driving.

I have been practicing in my 1997 Ford Explorer and it is still going to hang around for a little while longer and will probably go to my son. Thats one very capable 4X4 just quietly but its not a Patrol and needs a bit more in the towing department but stands up the the Patrols, and anything for that matter, in the bush (which was a surprise)

The GU does have a few things to fix but nothing major so I will seek your assistance in pointing me in the right direction if I get stuck. First thing to do is get the sub tank pump going as it wont transfer fuel to the main tank. I will have to have a look at that first. Probably a ground or fuse issue.

But all in all not a bad pickup. 215000 KM on the clock and has been looked after very well.

Not many mods to do. Just a winch, light bars, recovery points and a snorkel and it will be good to go.

Already planning a trip the the High Country and Uluru\Alice Springs for next year.

Cheers everyone.

Rob

Dhuck
17th July 2019, 02:28 PM
Welcome back mate

rkinsey
17th July 2019, 02:47 PM
Cheers Dhuck

Avo
17th July 2019, 11:16 PM
Welcome back,good to se ya back in a patrol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mc4by
18th July 2019, 01:47 AM
Welcome back to the forum.

AB
18th July 2019, 07:04 AM
Good to read you again Rob, welcome back to the good life mate!!!

rkinsey
18th July 2019, 12:23 PM
G'day AB!

Its good to be back mate. Looking forward to catching up and contributing here again.

Family4x4
18th July 2019, 12:26 PM
Welcome back rob, nice ride.

mudski
18th July 2019, 08:09 PM
Welcome back brother! Bloody clean ride there.

rusty_nail
18th July 2019, 08:24 PM
G'day AB!

Its good to be back mate. Looking forward to catching up and contributing here again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkHey rob, welcome back bud. You should try come to licola one year mate.

rkinsey
18th July 2019, 10:07 PM
G'day Mudski,

Thanks mate. It certainly is clean and tidy. I have been looking for a while and was looking at TD42 and the 4 cyl 3.0 Turbo diesel GUs and almost all of them had been molested or thrashed. Then this one popped up and I thought I would take a look. Best decision I made. TB45E with 3.2 T towing capacity and drives very nicely.

I am looking forward to taking out into the bush.

04OFF
18th July 2019, 11:06 PM
Yeh man, a TB45E is a bit like owning a pet pig , many people will be disgusted that you have one, and sure they may consume a bit extra, but they don't cost as much to start with ,or to look after, and it will eat up anything you put in front of it, and just keep going. :biggrin:

rkinsey
19th July 2019, 12:10 AM
Cheers. Haters gunnu hate... [emoji39][emoji39]

Every 4WD has its own issues. Im ok with it but this particular car fits what I want to do .

rkinsey
19th July 2019, 12:12 AM
Cheers Rusty!

Licola looks like a lot of fun. When is the next one on?

mudski
19th July 2019, 08:14 AM
Cheers Rusty!

Licola looks like a lot of fun. When is the next one on?

Licola is an annual thing that happens. We've had members from all over OZ on this trip in recent years. Certainly a great trip, especially for the kiddies.