PDA

View Full Version : Why don't WA folks get Monday off???

AB
10th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Ok, we are regularly bombarded by how WA is the best place in Australia so why don't you guys get Monday (Queens Birthday) off???

Do you not celebrate the Queens Birthday and sing "Happy Birthday" to her around the kitchen table and bake her a strawberry cake with party hats like the rest of Australia does or....LMAO

Dhuck
10th June 2011, 04:02 PM
They don't deserv the day off. lol

YNOT
10th June 2011, 04:06 PM
From timeanddate.com;

"The official head of state of Australia is the Monarch of the Commonwealth Realms. The monarch's birthday is officially celebrated in many parts of Australia on the second Monday of June. However, this day is held on on a date proclaimed by the governor, often on the last Monday of September or the first Monday of October, in the state of Western Australia."

Queeny was actually born on April 21, 1926

Tony

GUte
10th June 2011, 04:09 PM
We had last monday off for foundation day, our queens birthday holiday is the 28th of October. pretty simple really

patch697
10th June 2011, 07:14 PM
The westies are pretty smart in fact (& I don't believe I just said that). I'd rather have a long w/end in October weather than this sh!t.....

Woof
10th June 2011, 08:49 PM
The westies are pretty smart in fact (& I don't believe I just said that). I'd rather have a long w/end in October weather than this sh!t.....

Thanks Pauly, yeah mate I have to agree, we are very smart over here :icon_victory:.............as for celebrating a foreigners birthday, I wont comment.

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 10:49 PM
Let's just call it "Another Bludge Day" and take it off. Cut the apron strings.

Tim

the godfather
11th June 2011, 10:56 PM
We in the West are to dam busy to have time off.

YNOT
11th June 2011, 10:56 PM
It was Prince Phillip's 90th birthday on Friday, and to honour his 90 years here's a link to 90 of his finest gaffes; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ninety-gaffes-in-ninety-years-2290148.html

Tony

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 11:06 PM
It was Prince Phillip's 90th birthday on Friday, and to honour his 90 years here's a link to 90 of his finest gaffes; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ninety-gaffes-in-ninety-years-2290148.html

Tony
Haven't read all but some funny stuff there, the man has humour, what's wrong with that?

Tim