PDA

View Full Version : GU parts that'll fit on a GQ

Jimmyboyjr4
15th July 2019, 12:22 AM
Hi all,

I've got access to a wrecked GU, I was wondering if anyone knew of any compatible parts worth trying to score for the shorty?

So far I'm only going to take a wheel for a second spare.

Regards,

Jimmy

PeeBee
15th July 2019, 08:24 AM
Front and Rear diff assemblies, bit wider than a GQ but CV stronger. Coils probably the same also.

Jimmyboyjr4
15th July 2019, 10:17 AM
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

I'll see what their prices are!

MudRunnerTD
15th July 2019, 06:12 PM
diffs are a winner. take the steering box, tie rod. Drag Link, Fuel Filter Bracket, brake booster if your keen.

MB
16th July 2019, 12:10 AM
Was also going to nuffy me suggest grabbing its entire GU tougher-wider housing diffs/axles/wiggley bits complete adapt over swap.
A little perplexed though why GQ’s with GU modified wider axle gear have professionally installed lesser turning circles than an original GU and apparently not through bump stopping?
Doesn’t make any sense to me but have seen it first hand afront of my ute GU-2”-35” hairpin hard turn guard nipping only gniggler versus scary reverse up/back 3 point turn modified GQ’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudnut
16th July 2019, 01:42 AM
Is a GU transfer case compatible?

PeeBee
16th July 2019, 06:05 AM
Is a GU transfer case compatible?

Good pickup Muddy, yes they are the same but different adapter housings I believe, if you are going between 2.8 and 3.0/4.2

Jimmyboyjr4
17th July 2019, 02:27 AM
I went and had a look today, picked up the second spare.

The prices that they had were a bit too much to replace parts that are currently working.

One of the wreckers in the area told me that now most of them are online, their parts go quickly and there isn't too much point in visiting them now. Plus, given they go quickly, the price of the used parts have jumped up by a substantial margin.

They said I was lucky I asked for the wheel a day before the GU was set to arrive into the yard.