PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge, speedo and rev gauges ?

sparra 1
9th June 2011, 09:10 PM
gday guys i was drivin the patrol home from work and when i looked at the speedo i found all the gauges where up to sh!t . the speedo was on zero the odometor wasnt even on and the revs gauge was stuck on about 2000 . whats that all about , when i bourght the patrol the fella said he had a cruise control installed and it wasnt quite right some times it would cut out. do you think this may play a part in the probem ?????????

XLR8
9th June 2011, 09:52 PM
For it to be Cruise Control related, they would had to have tapped into the speedo, odo and tacho. Usually aftermarket units run on a magnetic pulse from the tailshaft so highly unlikely. I'd be inclined to think there is a gremlin in the instrument wiring. Maybe remove it and check for dust on the contacts or loose connection on the plugs. Also check for burn marks or breaks on the circuit board. Mine had done this on the speedo circuit for some reason so I bridged it with some solder and solved the problem

Yendor
9th June 2011, 10:07 PM
Is this an intermittent problem? or have they just stopped working altogether?

The first thing I would check is the fuse for the instruments.

sparra 1
10th June 2011, 08:50 AM
it happend whilest driving but its fine again now hope it doesnt happen again

sparra 1
10th June 2011, 08:53 AM
thanks mate it was strange that all the gauges went all at once allso had driving lights instulled mmmm i hate wirering lol