PDA

View Full Version : Leaking diesel

threedogs
24th June 2019, 01:44 PM
A few weeks back my mighty GU was stalling [nearly] when stopped whislt cold .
After that it ran fine started well no problems at all.
So I warmed it up longer thinking fuel was leaking back some how, then it struggled
to start but once started it was fine. Then I could smell diesel and looking under the GU
there was a pool of fuel. Had a mechanic friend have a look and found the return
fuel line was perished and leaking fuel under pressure. $8.75 later for some 6mm fuel line from
Super Cheap and all was well again. The mighty GU is better than ever. Gotta love a happy ending

drgtr
24th June 2019, 08:05 PM
So I warmed it up longer thinking fuel was leaking back some how, then it struggled
to start but once started it was fine. Then I could smell diesel and looking under the GU
there was a pool of fuel. Had a mechanic friend have a look and found the return
fuel line was perished and leaking fuel under pressure. $8.75 later for some 6mm fuel line from
Super Cheap and all was well again. The mighty GU is better than ever. Gotta love a happy ending

Love a happy ending. Cheap. Easy.
GU are simple enough to fix but complex enough to be good. Im going to miss them one day when they are gone for good from main stream.

I been riding a prado 120 for last 12 years. Only owning my GU td42ti for a year . As usual im late to the party. I should of done it earlier. They are great cars.

Fireblade
25th June 2019, 01:56 PM
thanks for this mine is doing the same time to check the return hoses.

mudski
25th June 2019, 04:38 PM

Jesus its like I have tourettes sometimes. I need to say it...
Dont we all love a happy ending?!