PDA

View Full Version : Tools you have bought/want to buy feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 06:47 PM
Hi Guys,

most of you who know me, know im a bit of a tool fanatatic, as well as being a bit of a tool myself =P haha. i just purchased a couple of expensive tax tools and am struggling to find reviews on the product. the tool i have bought is below:

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/makita-dls211pt2u-36v-18v-x-2-50ah-liion-cordless-brushless-aws-305mm-12-slide-compound-mitre-saw-combo-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6tOUmI_64gIVFj5gCh3jowDOEAYY ASABEgIJoPD_BwE

picked it up for over $500 cheaper from total tools on a mega sale night, bargain, but there is bugger all info about it on the web except for the makita specs etc. im fairly confident that i wont find a review for this tool here, but it got me thinking maybe there are people who have thought about buying something and havent because they havent seen a real world review. i might not get them all done tonight, but i will try to throw up a few reviews here and there and hopefully others can share their experiences too.

I saw MB milwaukee transfer pump post the other day and thought that was a really cool product, didnt even know it existed!!! maybe he can jump in here too?

NissanGQ4.2
21st June 2019, 06:53 PM
I got nothing, your just a tool :)

NissanGQ4.2
21st June 2019, 06:55 PM
I got nothing, your just a tool :)

I won't even buy a tool for work, if they don't supply it I don't really need it *L*

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 07:03 PM
I won't even buy a tool for work, if they don't supply it I don't really need it *L*

but you own a chainsaw lol

NissanGQ4.2
21st June 2019, 07:41 PM
but you own a chainsaw lol

Nah I think it owns me!

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 07:50 PM
probably the most versatile and useful in a sense that there have been so many uses that i never would have thought of, many others on the forum can attest to this too, an 18V blower. i have inflated matresses, cleaned out sheds, got wet and cold fires roaring with my makita 18V, and i know others have other brands with similar amazement.

Maxhead
21st June 2019, 08:21 PM
Hi Guys,

most of you who know me, know im a bit of a tool fanatatic, as well as being a bit of a tool myself =P haha. i just purchased a couple of expensive tax tools and am struggling to find reviews on the product. the tool i have bought is below:

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/makita-dls211pt2u-36v-18v-x-2-50ah-liion-cordless-brushless-aws-305mm-12-slide-compound-mitre-saw-combo-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6tOUmI_64gIVFj5gCh3jowDOEAYY ASABEgIJoPD_BwE

picked it up for over $500 cheaper from total tools on a mega sale night, bargain, but there is bugger all info about it on the web except for the makita specs etc. im fairly confident that i wont find a review for this tool here, but it got me thinking maybe there are people who have thought about buying something and havent because they havent seen a real world review. i might not get them all done tonight, but i will try to throw up a few reviews here and there and hopefully others can share their experiences too.

I saw MB milwaukee transfer pump post the other day and thought that was a really cool product, didnt even know it existed!!! maybe he can jump in here too?

It’s pretty simple. I want what you just bought....that’s a beauty!

Otherwise I’ve been screwing with a #2 Phillips screwdriver for 30yrs. 300mm plus for extra torque.
Best tool I ever owned and it’s made me lots of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
21st June 2019, 08:39 PM
got wet and cold fires roaring with my makita 18V

Boring..... petrol is more fun

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 08:43 PM
It’s pretty simple. I want what you just bought....that’s a beauty!

Otherwise I’ve been screwing with a #2 Phillips screwdriver for 30yrs. 300mm plus for extra torque.
Best tool I ever owned and it’s made me lots of money

also bought one of these in the same night. got a bargain too good to refuse lol

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/makita-dsp601pt2jut-36v-18v-x-2-5-0ah-li-ion-cordless-brushless-aws-165mm-6-1-2-plunge-cut-saw-track-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkaKMrav64gIVyg0rCh3-tQldEAQYAiABEgIlAvD_BwE

Maxhead
21st June 2019, 08:47 PM
also bought one of these in the same night. got a bargain too good to refuse lol

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/makita-dsp601pt2jut-36v-18v-x-2-5-0ah-li-ion-cordless-brushless-aws-165mm-6-1-2-plunge-cut-saw-track-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkaKMrav64gIVyg0rCh3-tQldEAQYAiABEgIlAvD_BwE

Ok ok, now you’re rubbing it in...lol

I want one of those as well please, maybe my Phillips head needs more of a work out...hahaha

MudRunnerTD
21st June 2019, 09:54 PM
Nicco i need to buy one of your spare twin chargers mate! Seems your collecting them!!! I was going to buy one off eBay but happy to give you some coin mate. M8ght even be interested in 2 as I want to mount one permanently in the GU.

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 11:04 PM
Nicco i need to buy one of your spare twin chargers mate! Seems your collecting them!!! I was going to buy one off eBay but happy to give you some coin mate. M8ght even be interested in 2 as I want to mount one permanently in the GU.

definitely was going to palm off one of them mate, we can work it out at licola

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 11:32 PM

surely you have a favorite tool you want to rep mate!

rusty_nail
21st June 2019, 11:38 PM
i also own one of these:

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/cordless-tools/individual-tools-and-skins/makita-18v-50ah-3-4-brushless-high-torque-impact-wrench-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqtDS0tH64gIVlzMrCh19TQVOEAYY AiABEgLLDfD_BwE

honestly for quick tyre changes, these are the go... you can do up and undo wheel nuts tighter and faster than standing on the tyre iron will produce. unbelieveable amount of power. they are bulky though, and heavy so holding them up in awkward places under your car can get abit tiresome. i have successfully used them to undo 14 year old exhaust bolts which had seen much better days though, there is nothing these things will not undo/do up. totally a must have for bush mechanics.

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2019, 01:26 AM
surely you have a favorite tool you want to rep mate!

MacBook Pro.....

Clunk
22nd June 2019, 02:58 AM
MacBook Pro.....Oi watch your language..... this is a family friendly forum you know

MB
22nd June 2019, 07:14 AM
Big fan of cordless Die-Grinders, real time and money savers with no air hoses or power leads up ladders and scissor lifts.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/121.jpg
Makes light work too out of widening bullbar fairlead holes etc..
Disclaimer: Safety glasses an absolute must as they throw heaps of shiny fairy dust!

MB
22nd June 2019, 07:23 AM
Here’s the cordless Transfer-Pump mentioned above that’s been invaluable of late too.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/122.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/123.jpg

MB
22nd June 2019, 07:30 AM
Portable Alaskan-Mill we scored off Gumtree for $1k including the MS660 Stihl is a ripper!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/124.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/125.jpg
This is a well homemade Aussie version but they can be purchased in kit form online from say Canada or USA I believe.

0-TJ-0
22nd June 2019, 08:13 AM
Plasma cutter.. I'll chuck up a picture next time I'm out looking at it. The thing is brilliant. So much less time on the grinder.

Pair that with a tig welder and it makes whipping up little brackets and mounts easy.

rusty_nail
22nd June 2019, 11:14 AM
Plasma cutter.. I'll chuck up a picture next time I'm out looking at it. The thing is brilliant. So much less time on the grinder.

Pair that with a tig welder and it makes whipping up little brackets and mounts easy.Ive often wondered about the plasma cutters, I saw one at aldi for 299, but thought I wouldn't use it enough. I have the small makita bandsaw which is fantastic for making precise cold metal cuts doesn't leave sharp burrs the need grinding too. Amazing toolhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/126.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy
22nd June 2019, 11:56 AM
I need to buy buy a decent pressure washer.

My last big purchace was a Cembre hydraulic cable crimper. I can now crimp cables up to 400mm2

But I'm really looking at a decent lathe and a milling machine.

rusty_nail
22nd June 2019, 12:23 PM
I need to buy buy a decent pressure washer.

My last big purchace was a Cembre hydraulic cable crimper. I can now crimp cables up to 400mm2

But I'm really looking at a decent lathe and a milling machine.I picked up a petrol pressure washer at a garage sale recently, and has far more balls than any electric washer I've ever owned. It's only rated at 3200psi but it does blow well. Can't think of the brand name right now, but it's an aussie made job, with a Honda motor to drive it. Another benefit of it is I can plug in to my water tank which only has gravity pressure and it will self prime and suck the water through the motor without any performance loss.

I think MudRunnerTD has a spit water tho, that thing is amazing

NissanGQ4.2
22nd June 2019, 01:40 PM
Portable Alaskan-Mill we scored off Gumtree for $1k including the MS660 Stihl is a ripper!

You got a link 2 a video of this thing cutting MB? Would love 2 see it in action

NissanGQ4.2
22nd June 2019, 01:55 PM
Want 2 buy list in no particular order

Plasmer Cutter..... Laser Cutter..... CNC Machine
Slide Compound Saw
TIG Welder
MIG Welder
Nail Gun
Air Compressor

Does a 3D printer come in under Tools???

The list is endless, and after everything on the list was purchased ( never happen ) I'd need 2 move house with a decent size work shed. Might head over 2 the depression thread now

MB
22nd June 2019, 03:19 PM
You got a link 2 a video of this thing cutting MB? Would love 2 see it in action

Will try to remember for you next cuts needed Toddstar!

MB
22nd June 2019, 03:26 PM
Pressure washer wise, we’re saving like crazy for the new Stihl 4,200psi with power head for stripping off stubborn bark on logs.
https://m.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Products/High-Pressure-Cleaners-Vacuum-Cleaners/Petrol-High-Pressure-Cleaners/278576-92745/RB-800.aspx
Were kindly lent a demo model to test and crikey it’s a commercial use weapon of a thing!
I believe once psi on pressure washers goes above 4,500psi a licence or some user certification might be needed hence while Stihl kept it under that Nanny number?

MB
22nd June 2019, 05:58 PM
Best tool ever for hiding sneaky bolognese vegetables for fussy nieces & nephews on cousin madhouse sleepovers :-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/127.jpg

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2019, 07:12 PM
I was in the local Sydney Tools today Nicco and checked our your new sliding compound saw mate. I nearly got a hard on!!! Farking nice bit of kit.!!

20 years ago I had my own cabinet making business employing 20. At the time there was no test and tag requirements and 18v was not really in existence. Some 12v and 14v but really only a drill.

In my shed under blankets I have a full workshop of tools. I sold my thicknesser and vertical spindle moulder, 1 of my router tables and one of my sliding compound saws.

I have my 18v Makita kit but even that was bought before brushless technology. I have been off the tools for over 15 years and cant justify big purchases for kit I rarely use and no tax break for it these days either.

I have a Vertical Spindle Sander and a 24" drum sander under a blanket. A 14" band saw, scroll saw, table saw, compound saw, router table, linisher, drill press, stuff. Lol.

I really like that 18v band saw a lot. I wouldn't mind something to cut steel more than just the cut off saw.

18v blower is pretty bloody sweet. Favourite kit is probably the simple impact driver cause Tek Screws ROCK and the 1/2 inch rattle is pretty sweet too.,

threedogs
22nd June 2019, 07:40 PM
probably the most versatile and useful in a sense that there have been so many uses that i never would have thought of, many others on the forum can attest to this too, an 18V blower. i have inflated matresses, cleaned out sheds, got wet and cold fires roaring with my makita 18V, and i know others have other brands with similar amazement.

I use one of those 12v mattress blowers a bit of heater hose as an adapter and 3ft of tintanium tube [3/4"]
like yours works a treat.
As for tools I had an opportunity to buys some tools so I did
but cant bring myself to throw the old ones out, Best tools
are a full set of rachette ring spanners, love em

MB
22nd June 2019, 07:49 PM
What is this world coming to....Blue Boys :-)
https://www.makita.com.au/power-garden/platforms/18v-18vx2/wheelbarrows
Reckon an old Sicilian concreter might knock a bloke over the head with a grappa bottle idling in with one of them on Monday morning :-)

threedogs
22nd June 2019, 08:12 PM
I have a near new MIG welder for sale if any one wants to PM me about it.
Ill never use it now , and I like stick welding

Plasnart
22nd June 2019, 08:47 PM
I use one of those 12v mattress blowers a bit of heater hose as an adapter and 3ft of tintanium tube [3/4"]
like yours works a treat.
As for tools I had an opportunity to buys some tools so I did
but cant bring myself to throw the old ones out, Best tools
are a full set of rachette ring spanners, love em

Every time I'm on the spanners I wish I had ratchets. Later when I'm in the shops I see the prices and say nah too exy. Then next time im on the spanners I wish I had ratchets!

rusty_nail
22nd June 2019, 08:48 PM
What is this world coming to....Blue Boys :-)
https://www.makita.com.au/power-garden/platforms/18v-18vx2/wheelbarrows
Reckon an old Sicilian concreter might knock a bloke over the head with a grappa bottle idling in with one of them on Monday morning :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIve seen them and think they are a gimmick, I know narrowing bricks is hard work but honestly apart from saving your back you would think it would slow you down?

rusty_nail
22nd June 2019, 08:50 PM
I was in the local Sydney Tools today Nicco and checked our your new sliding compound saw mate. I nearly got a hard on!!! Farking nice bit of kit.!!.,

Pretty nice hey mate, if I wasn't renovating my house I would never be able to justify the cost, it's far to big as a mobile site saw. It will pretty much move from the shed to the veranda where there ismore open space when cutting volumes of timber, and it will be a nice step up from the ozito 255mm sliding mitre saw I currently have

Winnie
22nd June 2019, 08:51 PM
Every time I'm on the spanners I wish I had ratchets. Later when I'm in the shops I see the prices and say nah too exy. Then next time im on the spanners I wish I had ratchets!Do love my ratchet spanners. Was gifted a good set years ago. They are not always the first spanner I grab but when I use them they usually save a lot of grief!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2019, 08:55 PM
Every time I'm on the spanners I wish I had ratchets. Later when I'm in the shops I see the prices and say nah too exy. Then next time im on the spanners I wish I had ratchets!

I have a set of long and short ratchet spammers. They are the bomb. Must have kit.

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2019, 08:57 PM
Pretty nice hey mate, if I wasn't renovating my house I would never be able to justify the cost, it's far to big as a mobile site saw. It will pretty much move from the shed to the veranda where there ismore open space when cutting volumes of timber, and it will be a nice step up from the ozito 255mm sliding mitre saw I currently have

Yeah nice mate. I have a 240v sliding compound in the shed. Nice kit. They saw is sik mate. Why did you buy the plunge saw though? Very specific need.

MB
22nd June 2019, 09:01 PM
Ive seen them and think they are a gimmick, I know narrowing bricks is hard work but honestly apart from saving your back you would think it would slow you down?

“Fretta fretta correre” ....screaming can only imagine mate.
Could be a good low speed torque barrow up a steep long side house alley for small pours without money for a pump truck I guess?

rusty_nail
22nd June 2019, 09:26 PM
Yeah nice mate. I have a 240v sliding compound in the shed. Nice kit. They saw is sik mate. Why did you buy the plunge saw though? Very specific need.In a lot of the furniture making a have done at home I am finding myself producing the material that will end up becoming my finished piece. For example I have bought a couple of pieces of 2400x600x32 bench tops, then changed them to something else, like a 285mm deep length to cap off the shelves I made in our master. Just one example but I saw myself needing it in the past and I can only see myself needing it more in the future. Sure I could have got a table saw, but this is much more mobile and versatile, and makes much neater cuts. In the future I will be redoing our kitchen bench tops in timber, this will be an invaluable tool, tbh I wanted this saw before the droppy, the droppy was an impulse purchase.

0-TJ-0
22nd June 2019, 09:41 PM
I have a near new MIG welder for sale if any one wants to PM me about it.
Ill never use it now , and I like stick welding

Maybe mate. If it's still there after the weekend I'll have a chat to you about it when I'm home.

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2019, 09:50 PM
“Fretta fretta correre” ....screaming can only imagine mate.
Could be a good low speed torque barrow up a steep long side house alley for small pours without money for a pump truck I guess?

Or a muddy building site with no dry ground. Pushing a barrow in ankle deep mud is fair bloody average

MB
22nd June 2019, 11:00 PM
Please buy one Daz mate, I’ll personally throw in a quadruple charger needed for first hour maybe :-)

0-TJ-0
23rd June 2019, 09:59 AM

I got a set of 5 some years ago.. 10mm to 14mm. I think about $90 at the time in about a half size length with a flex head. Covered all the important sizes and didn't cost me the world. Best thing i ever did.

rusty_nail
23rd June 2019, 10:03 AM
I got a set of 5 some years ago.. 10mm to 14mm. I think about $90 at the time in about a half size length with a flex head. Covered all the important sizes and didn't cost me the world. Best thing i ever did.

I have a basic set from aldi, was about $20. Had about 5 spanners in it and like yours covers the basic sizes. They are cheap and I wouldn't expect them to do the stuff the more expensive stuff will but they will suffice for now. Plasnart keep an eye out there mate, they come out once a year

mudnut
23rd June 2019, 10:34 AM

I bought a ring for Mrs mudsane for our twentieth anniversary and she bought me a set of King Chrome ratchet ring spanners. Best tools ever.

I have invested in the right size impact sockets and a good breaker bar for all of the suspension fasteners. Also bought some deep impact ones as well.

Cremulator
23rd June 2019, 12:23 PM
Every time I'm on the spanners I wish I had ratchets. Later when I'm in the shops I see the prices and say nah too exy. Then next time im on the spanners I wish I had ratchets!I picked up a 12 piece set of blue-point ratchet spanners second hand for $150 which were still in great condition. I've found them so useful over the 15 years I've had them.

I've recently just bought a Ryobi One+ 18v 5 piece set which included a ratchet wrench. I have used that a handful of times and makes light work of hard to access bolts.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-one-18v-ratchet-wrench-skin-only_p6210812

0-TJ-0
23rd June 2019, 06:04 PM
I got an air powered one of those ratchets for $18 off the clearance table at total tools here just the other day.. yes it has an air hose attached.. but $18! Nearly got 2 just because.

rusty_nail
23rd June 2019, 09:37 PM
I got an air powered one of those ratchets for $18 off the clearance table at total tools here just the other day.. yes it has an air hose attached.. but $18! Nearly got 2 just because.Are they any good though? Ive always wondered? I never thought the air ratchets or even battery ones put out enough torque? I have one and have never used it as the rattle guns I have produce much more grunt

0-TJ-0
23rd June 2019, 09:45 PM
Are they any good though? Ive always wondered? I never thought the air ratchets or even battery ones put out enough torque?

They have thier uses. It's not a 1/2in impact gun, but from time to time you come across a stubborn nut or bolt in an awkward spot. You know the ones, you get one or two clicks on the ratchet each throw. Good for those.

I don't know the specs on mine but it'll crack wheel nuts if you let the compressor get up to pressure.

rusty_nail
23rd June 2019, 09:52 PM
They have thier uses. It's not a 1/2in impact gun, but from time to time you come across a stubborn nut or bolt in an awkward spot. You know the ones, you get one or two clicks on the ratchet each throw. Good for those.

I don't know the specs on mine but it'll crack wheel nuts if you let the compressor get up to pressure.Might have to give it a second chance

DX grunt
24th June 2019, 12:12 AM
I love my left handed screwdriver.

Avo
24th June 2019, 01:08 AM
I love my left handed screwdriver.thought you be more fake spray mud n shite

Ben-e-boy
24th June 2019, 09:42 AM
I have a day off, so I'm off to total tools.

Sucked in to those of you having to work today

rusty_nail
24th June 2019, 12:28 PM
I have a day off, so I'm off to total tools.

Sucked in to those of you having to work todayYou should ask if they are having an insider night anytime soon before spending your coin, I got $400 in gift cards and a free beer and snag sandwich the other day, just because they were having a special night

threedogs
24th June 2019, 01:57 PM

I brought a full set from 6mm to 21mm racthette both kind from ebay cheap as
and found quality the same as the Aldi brand ones

Ben-e-boy
24th June 2019, 02:08 PM
You should ask if they are having an insider night anytime soon before spending your coin, I got $400 in gift cards and a free beer and snag sandwich the other day, just because they were having a special night

Only a week until the end of the financial year. I'm spending now

Ben-e-boy
24th June 2019, 05:41 PM
So, I bought a 3200 psi petrol pressure washer, one of those surface cleaning attachment so I can clean my driveway and a milwaukee battery from total tools.

Also a new pair of large ratchet cable cutters. It's been a good day.

MB
27th June 2019, 09:47 AM
Fairly happy with the new lazy man chisel.
Seems to munch through the batteries pretty hard though.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/142.jpg

rusty_nail
27th June 2019, 10:49 AM
Fairly happy with the new lazy man chisel.
Seems to munch through the batteries pretty hard though.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat would probably be due to the material your cutting? The multis last ages on plywood lol

rusty_nail
27th June 2019, 04:02 PM
In tt to pickup the tools i started this thread with. Here ya go MB hahahttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/143.jpg

MB
27th June 2019, 05:03 PM
Pisser mate :-)
I wonder what its payload is rated at, didn’t notice by any chance?

Plasnart
27th June 2019, 05:39 PM
Pisser mate :-)
I wonder what its payload is rated at, didn’t notice by any chance?

130 kegs mate.

https://www.gettoolsdirect.com.au/makita-36v-18v-x-2-bl-wheelbarrow-with-frame-199116-7-5-0ah-kit-dcu180pt2f.html?gdffi=c5b8f06f736c40afa55474409bb4 f069&gdfms=3B5BA41534C3439E841AA1C328DDF653&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxuaUkI2J4wIVmB0rCh3KHA2nEAQYAyAB EgIfiPD_BwE

MB
27th June 2019, 05:59 PM
I take it all back :-) That does seem quite reasonable really like they linky say there, cement bags, blocks etc...
Someone please buy one and test it up a decent hill, truly keen to see if it can do XXdegree inclines at 130kg too[emoji106]

rusty_nail
27th June 2019, 06:35 PM
I take it all back :-) That does seem quite reasonable really like they linky say there, cement bags, blocks etc...
Someone please buy one and test it up a decent hill, truly keen to see if it can do XXdegree inclines at 130kg too[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPlassys link says it has hi and lo, I'd say it would shit it in?

Plasnart
27th June 2019, 06:55 PM
Plassys link says it has hi and lo, I'd say it would shit it in?

Don't reckon brickies would be all that pleased with the mud maker swanning around with a big grin on his face all day. The calls for mud will be louder I reckon! Haha gotta find an 18V brick laying tool now that the boy's sorted!

Winnie
27th June 2019, 06:56 PM
Don't reckon brickies would be all that pleased with the mud maker swanning around with a big grin on his face all day. The calls for mud will be louder I reckon! Haha gotta find an 18V brick laying tool now that the boy's sorted!Shit mate if you can sort that out that would mean they could knock off early and have smoke-o beers combined with knock off beers!

MB
27th June 2019, 07:05 PM
Coming to the burbs oneday soon apparently.
https://youtu.be/5bW1vuCgEaA

MB
27th June 2019, 07:15 PM
Does seem for now like 2 Brickie’s and a Muddy might be outa work in the future swapped for 2 operators and a maintenance technician full team behind the scenes maintaining and programming the puters :-)

Plasnart
27th June 2019, 07:30 PM
Does seem for now like 2 Brickie’s and a Muddy might be outa work in the future swapped for 2 operators and a maintenance technician full team behind the scenes maintaining and programming the puters :-)

Beyond 2000 mate!

Masonry internal walls havent been around for eons, but that vid is showing what's possible I suppose. Now just gotta get the concretor to form up right, and that will probably become automated too soon enough.

MB
27th June 2019, 07:57 PM
Only truly meant Plassy mate that for now until machinery can magically maintain itself the super higher paid robotic technician team would in theory heavily outweigh the Blokes coin!

Ben-e-boy
27th June 2019, 08:13 PM
Only truly meant Plassy mate that for now until machinery can magically maintain itself the super higher paid robotic technician team would in theory heavily outweigh the Blokes coin!

Bring on the robots I say. I'm ready and waiting to capitalize on that.

MB
27th June 2019, 08:27 PM
Gold Ben :-)
Me nuffy’s are stuffed in the future for sure!

MudRunnerTD
27th June 2019, 09:25 PM
Bought a 20t workshop press today. Wish I bought it years ago.

Winnie
27th June 2019, 09:38 PM
That's awesome Daz, very jealous! A bit like plassys ratchet spanners when I need one I always think bugger it I will just buy it when I'm out next and then think Nah I can get away without it...

Winnie
27th June 2019, 09:38 PM
They bloody make everything don't they! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/213.jpg

MB
27th June 2019, 09:43 PM
Bullshit Chrisso, really?
Like an old blokes golf buggy homing device do they hopefully have inbuilt MB tracking, I’m SOLD!

rusty_nail
27th June 2019, 09:44 PM
They bloody make everything don't they! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/213.jpg

you know MB has milwaukee lol, your fighting with fire there

MB
27th June 2019, 09:45 PM
Beat Ya :-)

Plasnart
27th June 2019, 09:53 PM
MB is currently experiencing difficulties walking in public without embarrassment.

MB
27th June 2019, 09:56 PM
Best dog I never had!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/214.jpg

Winnie
27th June 2019, 09:56 PM
MB is currently experiencing difficulties walking in public without embarrassment.Well he wouldn't have to walk if he had this he could just ride it!

Plasnart
27th June 2019, 10:01 PM
Best dog I never had!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/214.jpg

Far out had one of them 25 years ago. Was hilarious for 10 minutes!

MB
27th June 2019, 10:03 PM
I take it all back :-) That does seem quite reasonable really like they say there, cement bags, blocks etc...
Someone please buy one and test it up a decent hill, truly keen to see if it can do XXdegree inclines at 130kg too :-)

MB
27th June 2019, 10:18 PM
Hopefully back on track apologies Rusty-Nailstar!
Honestly, this space-age shovel is a game changer for young & old!
https://www.fiskars.com.au/products/gardening/shovels-spades/Ergonomic-Post-Hole-Shovel
Not exactly sure of the full techy ergonomic design specs but crikey it is an easy hour on these versus 20 years ago all day rusty/splintered Cyclones best in the business then :-)

Avo
27th June 2019, 10:33 PM
Hopefully back on track apologies Rusty-Nailstar!
Honestly, this space-age shovel is a game changer for young & old!
https://www.fiskars.com.au/products/gardening/shovels-spades/Ergonomic-Post-Hole-Shovel
Not exactly sure of the full techy ergonomic design specs but crikey it is an easy hour on these versus 20 years ago all day rusty/splintered Cyclones best in the business then :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDont knock it till ya lent on it MB

MB
27th June 2019, 11:14 PM
Not to worry Big Mate :-) [emoji106][emoji106]Got me Fluorescence kit on avoiding high speed Kanga/Toro/Dingo Massive Loaders[emoji106]

Winnie
28th June 2019, 06:23 PM
Bought one of the Milwaukee heated vests. It takes their M12 batteries so you're not carrying as much bulk in your pocket but can fit the M18 batteries if needed. The idea is to wear it as a mid layer and put a good jacket on top.
Pretty bloody awesome, just makes it feel like you have the sun on your back and chest when you are in the shade.
Gonna be pretty sweet for snow trips!

MudRunnerTD
28th June 2019, 08:20 PM
Bought one of the Milwaukee heated vests. It takes their M12 batteries so you're not carrying as much bulk in your pocket but can fit the M18 batteries if needed. The idea is to wear it as a mid layer and put a good jacket on top.
Pretty bloody awesome, just makes it feel like you have the sun on your back and chest when you are in the shade.
Gonna be pretty sweet for snow trips!

Gay. Give ya 10 bucks for it at Arbuckle Junction!

Winnie
28th June 2019, 08:39 PM
Gay. Give ya 10 bucks for it at Arbuckle Junction!Price doubles for every 100m elevation increase!

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 09:37 AM
Those thinking about a set of ratchet spammers but don't want to spend too much. Today is your day.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/221.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

0-TJ-0
29th June 2019, 09:49 AM
Those thinking about a set of ratchet spammers but don't want to spend too much. Today is your day.

Might be worth expanding my set at that price!

MB
29th June 2019, 10:52 AM
Perfect timing thanks Daz, driving past SC in under 5 minutes [emoji106]

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 11:05 AM
Yeah thinking a double up would be wicked

MB
29th June 2019, 11:20 AM
Only one set left now @Lilydale store, appreciate the heads up Daz!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/222.jpg

0-TJ-0
29th June 2019, 11:52 AM

Me too!

30 second review.. the ratchet doesn't feel as nice as the little set I have but I guess that's to be expected for the price. Lifetime warranty though.

Also.. CHECK ALL OF THEM. My 19mm gave me 2 ratchets then packed it in. Lucky I checked them in the carpark. Had to walk straight back in and swap it. On the plus side, if you're in the northern suburbs of Adelaide and don't mind missing out on a 19mm they're putting the set back on th shelf further discounted.

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 12:19 PM

Not advertised in store. No tags. Grab one if you can gents. Just grabbed the only set in Geelong. Metric and imperial. Bonus.

0-TJ-0
29th June 2019, 12:21 PM
Not advertised in store. No tags. Grab one if you can gents. Just grabbed the only set in Geelong. Metric and imperial. Bonus.

Check em before you drive home mate. My 19mm was broken.

MB
29th June 2019, 12:42 PM
Also make sure you don’t accidentally grab the 22pc standard set, boxes look nearly identical and RRP price (no discounts on them) is almost exactly 50% same same. Just checked my ratchet set and all seems to clicking around ok thankfully.

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 12:43 PM

Yeah just tested them all. They will work fine as the second spanner. Can be bloody handy. I run 2 sets in my pouch now but the second set is not ratchet.

These will get the job done.

0-TJ-0
29th June 2019, 12:53 PM
Yeah just tested them all. They will work fine as the second spanner. Can be bloody handy. I run 2 sets in my pouch now but the second set is not ratchet.

These will get the job done.

Was my thoughts exactly. They'll be a handy addition for the right price.

threedogs
29th June 2019, 02:04 PM
Was told a long time ago , to buy the best tool you can afford.
but then again they only have to work once eh ha ha

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 02:48 PM
Was told a long time ago , to buy the best tool you can afford.
but then again they only have to work once eh ha ha

Yeah i agree for the most part. I need a pair of closing circlip pliers. I'm 50yo and never needed them before. I have a job i need a set for. might use them another couple of times in my life. a $14 pair will do just fine. This set of ratchet spanners will compliment my Gear Wrench set that do my heavy lifting. If this is all i could afford they would do though. Happy days. cheap as chips.

TPC
29th June 2019, 05:16 PM
Bought these today.

Winnie
29th June 2019, 05:51 PM
Bought these today.

78799I've got the hedge trimmers and they are great for the tiny hedges I have.

Plasnart
29th June 2019, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up today Daz, got mine at Waurn Ponds. They had 3 sets left at about 2pm today.

Plasnart
29th June 2019, 10:21 PM

Gotta say, after ratcheting each one 10 times or more back here at home, there is huge variation in the ratcheting feel spanner to spanner. I get there is likely to be difference between the largest-to-smallest spanners, but I found significant variations between next-size spanners. Some were large-clicky ratchets and some tiny-clicky if that makes sense. But for $75 for 20 spanners that's justifiable for a cheap tool. And with lifetime warranty who would complain? Just my observation.

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 10:29 PM
Have wanted one for years. Could have used it last weekend and saved 8 hours of pain!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/232.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/233.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/234.jpg

Plasnart
29th June 2019, 10:41 PM
Have wanted one for years. Could have used it last weekend and saved 8 hours of pain!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/232.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/233.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/234.jpg

Nice mate. But what about a hoist? That's what I dream of.

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2019, 10:57 PM
Nice mate. But what about a hoist? That's what I dream of.

It's coming.....

0-TJ-0
30th June 2019, 12:13 AM
Gotta say, after ratcheting each one 10 times or more back here at home, there is huge variation in the ratcheting feel spanner to spanner. I get there is likely to be difference between the largest-to-smallest spanners, but I found significant variations between next-size spanners. Some were large-clicky ratchets and some tiny-clicky if that makes sense. But for $75 for 20 spanners that's justifiable for a cheap tool. And with lifetime warranty who would complain? Just my observation.

I noticed the same thing. I reckon they have a variation in the number of teeth on the ratchet (more teeth smaller ratchet sound). Like you said, not just from big to small but all over the shop. Compared to the little(more expensive) set I have they don't feel as solid, little bit loose in the mechanism and a larger ratchet tooth/sound. I was happy to take the set home anyway though. $75 with a lifetime warranty, can't really go wrong..

MB
30th June 2019, 09:24 AM
Scored 20% off a new Aussie made bullbar for EOFY.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/06/349.jpg
Just in time too for the Zombie apocalypse starting at midnight tonight!

0-TJ-0
30th June 2019, 12:20 PM
Got some of these recently;

Haven't used them in anger yet but I can see them being pretty handy. Every now and then a bit of flex would make life easier.. not to mention I now have a variety of extension sizes rather than just too long or too short..

MudRunnerTD
30th June 2019, 01:55 PM
Got some of these recently;

Haven't used them in anger yet but I can see them being pretty handy. Every now and then a bit of flex would make life easier.. not to mention I now have a variety of extension sizes rather than just too long or too short..

Where from.... how much....

0-TJ-0
30th June 2019, 07:47 PM
Where from.... how much....

Ebay $99.. I'll find the link for you when I have a sec.

Edit: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2 F332459362423

Also for those that are interested, they're made so depending how you seat the socket they are normal OR wobbly.

MB
3rd July 2019, 10:04 PM
Far from a tool, a top bloke will soon be helping us out progress needed. Gear is only as good as the blokes driving it [emoji106][emoji106]

rusty_nail
6th July 2019, 01:32 AM
Ok, got impatient and couldn't sleep. Unpacked tonight. Oh my God, its huge. Weighs alot too, 30.5kg actually. Bit of work to set it up and I'm still not quite happy re bench position but that can wait. So the kit comes with saw, 2 batteries and a dual port charger, and a 60 tooth blade, which won't get super fine cuts but will do ok.

Ducting and blade are all disconnected but once you find where the Allen key is hidden, it's fairly simple to setup.

I plugged a couple of batteries and and just turned it over, starts smooth and as quiet as you could expect from a drop saw. When I'm not going to wake my family I will make some test cuts, with various densities of timber.

Slide action is ultra smooth, miter action feels just as good. It feels odd that the bar stays put and the saw moves along it but its handy that i can have it hard against my shed wall and it doesn't fowl.

You can see my old saw also for a size reference. The ozito saw is a 10" or 255mm sliding miter saw.

Model is DLS211PT2http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/24.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/25.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/26.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/27.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/28.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/29.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/30.jpg

rusty_nail
8th July 2019, 09:00 PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone got some advice on stihl chainsaws? Im looking to buy a second hand one, as I can't afford to splash out and spend what the new ones cost. Any models to steer clear of?

MudRunnerTD
8th July 2019, 09:10 PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone got some advice on stihl chainsaws? Im looking to buy a second hand one, as I can't afford to splash out and spend what the new ones cost. Any models to steer clear of?

Winnie Rossco your time to shine gents

Winnie
8th July 2019, 09:22 PM
Hi guys,

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkOhhh yeah nice Nicco! What are you planning on using it for? How big do you really wanna go?

MB
8th July 2019, 09:30 PM
Score yourself a wicked new age Makita or Milwaukee battery saw Rusty mate. Plenty of varying sized Stihl’s you may borrow if out Winnie & Wossco’s neck of the woods [emoji106]

Rossco
8th July 2019, 09:49 PM
Yeah nice one Nicko very worthwhile investment especially if you need firewood. My advice would be get the best you can afford or just grab something cheapish then update down the track. Pro saws are much better but you get what you pay for and probably overkill for home use but sometimes why not. .

Would advice against anything with a quick chain tensioner or easy start keep it simple and old school i reckon. .

rusty_nail
8th July 2019, 09:51 PM
Ohhh yeah nice Nicco! What are you planning on using it for? How big do you really wanna go?

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkI just need something I can go up and collect firewood with mate. Dont need huge, just something that will enable me to collect reasonable timber mate

Rossco
8th July 2019, 10:00 PM
Reckon something round a MS360 or 380 would treat you pretty well. .

rusty_nail
8th July 2019, 10:08 PM

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkThanks mate, I've seen the 360 for around 400-600 second hand, do you reckon that's reasonable? Or would they be flogged at that price. I honestly have no idea when it comes to chainsaws lol

Rossco
8th July 2019, 10:18 PM
Always somewhat a gamble second hand but seems reasonable and think that would suit your needs well. I bought my 200T second hand and has been wicked so yeah I wouldn't worry too much. .

MB
8th July 2019, 11:05 PM
Agreed, always a potential carbon glazed dodgey care gamble mate, best though to lateral thinking request a log cut or two trialled before taking home. Wood in theory only cover one issue, your expectations of unknown new true capability for such said saw under hands.
Why do folks sell second hand good saws?

MB
8th July 2019, 11:37 PM
Second test thoughts, full ‘Personal Protection Equipment’ ON, full test RPM stink, Hard Yakka its dogs into a log and see how much diesel soot comes out :-)

rusty_nail
9th July 2019, 06:20 AM
Cheers guys I'll start looking

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2019, 05:52 PM
rusty_nail hey mate if you don't have a site rack for your saw then treat yourself and grab one of these from Aldi. Cheap and functional. Even if you only get a year our and of it you will be thankful for having it.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/58.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/59.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/60.jpg

Make a huge difference getting the job done when your mounted mate. Winner.

MB
25th July 2019, 07:44 PM
Bought this great thing about a year ago, love it, really takes the strain off my wankers cramp!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/332.jpg

Cuppa
25th July 2019, 08:10 PM

I had a Stihl 036 for many years & have had the MS362 I replaced it with for a number of years now. If you can get an 036 in good running order I reckon you'd have the better saw, although the MS362 is pretty good. Ms362 has flip caps & better anti vibration. 036 is a torque machine whereas the MS362 revs higher to get it's power. Both are 'professional' saws & as such have much better ergonomics than the farmboss range, which makes a diffrerence when out cutitng a few trailer loads of firewood.

I do like my little Makita 36v saw we travel with though.

threedogs
26th July 2019, 10:34 AM
Just realised all my tools are mainly metric and have been for years,
after buying the Harley its covered in torq screws every where, and torq sockets,
plus allen screws,. Quick look on eBay and all tools required were there, job done, lol

rusty_nail
31st July 2019, 05:59 PM
Shoutout to Rossco for the advice on saws and the hot tip on this bad boy. Looks mean as and I can't wait to put it to use. Brand new chain and bar and service with a 3 month warranty. Tidy saw.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/07/373.jpg

Winnie
31st July 2019, 06:04 PM
That's a ripper saw mate, will be good for the next 20 years!

Rossco
31st July 2019, 06:30 PM
Yeah nice one Nicko, love that it's on the dining table, can't put that bad boy outside lol. Sure you'll love it, will be a ripper [emoji106]

MudRunnerTD
4th August 2019, 06:30 PM
Picked up this little 12v Makita wet saw today. 2 batteries and charger. $150. Kool little unit.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/17.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/18.jpg

rusty_nail
4th August 2019, 08:01 PM
Picked up this little 12v Makita wet saw today. 2 batteries and charger. $150. Kool little unit.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/17.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using TapatalkNice mate, is that for bricks or tiles or is it more for cold metal cuts?

MudRunnerTD
4th August 2019, 09:29 PM
Nice mate, is that for bricks or tiles or is it more for cold metal cuts?

Cutt8ng depth is 25mm. Tiles and AC sheet.

MudRunnerTD
4th August 2019, 09:32 PM
Nice mate, is that for bricks or tiles or is it more for cold metal cuts?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkThese pics from the ad on FB.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/27.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/28.jpg

MB
5th August 2019, 11:17 PM
Most guaranteed daily useful tool ever for several years back thanks here for direction oncedisturbed mate!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/31.jpg
Leatherman ‘OHT’ best light hip advice fair dinkum ever [emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/32.jpg
Top bloke even molded a custom leather pouch to suit, albeit a massive job [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/33.jpg

EDIT: Best late night review I can find on Youtubey, trust me please, wrist flicking out pliers/cutters quick single hand is gold [emoji106][emoji106]
https://youtu.be/_3qwHigfccs

MB
12th August 2019, 07:39 PM
Pressure washer wise, we’re saving like crazy for the new Stihl 4,200psi with power head for stripping off stubborn bark on logs.
https://m.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Products/High-Pressure-Cleaners-Vacuum-Cleaners/Petrol-High-Pressure-Cleaners/278576-92745/RB-800.aspx
Were kindly lent a demo model to test and crikey it’s a commercial use weapon of a thing!
I believe once psi on pressure washers goes above 4,500psi a licence or some user certification might be needed hence while Stihl kept it under that Nanny number?

Should’ve just maxed the old credit card out months ago in hindsight instead of saving! Blokes have just done 2 days + of old work in only a couple of hours today with the new Stihl RB-800 [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/60.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/61.jpg

rusty_nail
12th August 2019, 08:11 PM
Should’ve just maxed the old credit card out months ago in hindsight instead of saving! Blokes have just done 2 days + of old work in only a couple of hours today with the new Stihl RB-800 [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/60.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's cool mate, I'm impressed

MB
12th August 2019, 08:15 PM
Sometimes we’ve gotta make our own custom wacky tools :-)! Thanks to rusty_nail & matfew ‘s help & AB ‘s old kind paddock truck donation. A few more strengthening mods and grapple tines connected and we’re off to the private sloppy coupe again to grap some quick sticks hopefully.
EDIT: Tow truck floated unregistered:-) [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/63.jpg

MudRunnerTD
26th August 2019, 05:25 PM
So I saw this and could not resist

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/184.jpg

My local as said they had sold out quickly and had never stocked before. Needless to say they might become a standard item..

Given it's about 10mm it really is not an issue of quality, you are going to rip the head 9ff any 10mm before you wreck these.

Happy with this kit f0r the price.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/185.jpg

MudRunnerTD
26th August 2019, 05:27 PM
And 8f you have ever broken a Tap in a hole while trying to cut a thread you will know what a shit job it is to try and get that thing out. Good luck drilling it.

So this is a Thing!!!!!

100% buying this kit

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/186.jpg

PeeBee
26th August 2019, 05:34 PM
And 8f you have ever broken a Tap in a hole while trying to cut a thread you will know what a shit job it is to try and get that thing out. Good luck drilling it.

So this is a Thing!!!!!

100% buying this kit

How does it work darren?

MudRunnerTD
26th August 2019, 08:18 PM
How does it work darren?

So you have a broken Thread Tap in a hole. Big problem cause it has broken because it bound up and sheers . The Tap has 4 flutes which have the cutting edges on them. Your options are pointy pliers and pin punch. Good luck. Hardened steel so you can't drill them out.

Instead. You insert this 8nto the hole and the castles go into the flutes and you use your tapping spanner to undo it. I can't believe I did not know about this until now . Essential equipment. Broken taps suck!!!

PeeBee
26th August 2019, 08:21 PM
Clever, but already a master at getting broken taps out - 30 yrs in the food industry working with SS, see all the trick the tradies use and there are a few. This one however sound damn smart. Might just pick one up myself - thanks!

Plasnart
26th August 2019, 08:45 PM
So you have a broken Thread Tap in a hole. Big problem cause it has broken because it bound up and sheers . The Tap has 4 flutes which have the cutting edges on them. Your options are pointy pliers and pin punch. Good luck. Hardened steel so you can't drill them out.

Instead. You insert this 8nto the hole and the castles go into the flutes and you use your tapping spanner to undo it. I can't believe I did not know about this until now . Essential equipment. Broken taps suck!!!

So simple, so smart!

Bet it was invented by someone looking down a hole that just said "oh shit", or words to that effect.

PeeBee
26th August 2019, 10:09 PM
Yep, just bought me a set. excellent stuff.

mushroob
29th August 2019, 11:32 AM
Looking to buy a set of impact/drill driver, wrench for the old man, as fathers day is coming up

rusty_nail
29th August 2019, 11:57 AM
Looking to buy a set of impact/drill driver, wrench for the old man, as fathers day is coming upWhat are you looking for mate? How much to spend and how often/hard will it get used?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MB
30th August 2019, 06:01 PM
Picked up our new custom wacky toolbox on the way home.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/190.jpg
Starting some slight mods on the old Kaymar 45kg rated dual jerry carrier that we never use.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/191.jpg
Finally going to get rid of the 85kg titan drawers and deck the back out with Ben’s ‘Expedition 134’ boxes galore!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/192.jpg
Should fit Mrs MB’s and our Littlens horsey gear well, our new emergency elecy saw also fits with some bracketry to come[emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/193.jpg

rusty_nail
30th August 2019, 07:05 PM
Picked up our new custom wacky toolbox on the way home.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/190.jpg
Starting some slight mods on the old Kaymar 45kg rated dual jerry carrier that we never use.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/191.jpg
Finally going to get rid of the 85kg titan drawers and deck the back out with Ben’s ‘Expedition 134’ boxes galore!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/192.jpg
Should fit Mrs MB’s and our Littlens horsey gear well, our new emergency elecy saw also fits with some bracketry to come[emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/08/193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh dear @mb, you are a worry my friend!

MB
30th August 2019, 08:15 PM
Shiploads cheaper than a Nissan Titan 5.6L tub ute tug weapon on their way down under soon :-)
We’ll get by with a bridle/stirrup box on the back for now I says +10 years :-)

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2019, 07:41 PM
So grabbed this today of Facebook market place for $150. Bargain.

Auto plaster screw gun.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/26.jpg

MB
4th September 2019, 08:12 PM
rusty_nail in person is slowly converting me to Makita too for carpentry/building type gear is awesome for sure Daz, top score [emoji106][emoji106]
Truly not having a dig mate, just feel its worth putting out there to good hearted blokes potentially unbeknownst buying gear from pubs like the old days occurred.
Never steal/take away a blokes tools/livelihood, they were generally carpark pissheads that didn’t make it any further than the new icebox these days installed!

rusty_nail
4th September 2019, 09:40 PM
I reckon the only thing that I find negative about Makita is their batteries. I believe they only do a Max of 6ah, while Milwaukee have a 10Ah Monster and DeWalt do their flexvolt range. Makita need to pick up their game there, other than that I have never had any regrets about choosing Makita to start with

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2019, 09:45 PM
rusty_nail in person is slowly converting me to Makita too for carpentry/building type gear is awesome for sure Daz, top score [emoji106][emoji106]
Truly not having a dig mate, just feel its worth putting out there to good hearted blokes potentially unbeknownst buying gear from pubs like the old days occurred.
Never steal/take away a blokes tools/livelihood, they were generally carpark pissheads that didn’t make it any further than the new icebox these days installed!

Yeah mate, i get ya for sure. It's tricky. Facebook marketplace is the new eBay and it's free to sellers and buyers. Heaps and I mean HEAPS of gear for sale.

I bought this off a woman seller who said it had been her ex partners and had been left in a break up. On pickup in an d up class suburb it was the firat time I thought something might have been hot. I hope not but I could not tell you for sure mate.

The other bits I have got have been no brainer. Honest transactions. Just this one. Nearly a $400 skin.....

MB
4th September 2019, 10:32 PM
Perfecto mate! Was truly only a heads up for future readers, we all know you are a good/better/best thoughtful dinkum bloke always [emoji106][emoji106]

MB
4th September 2019, 10:49 PM
I reckon the only thing that I find negative about Makita is their batteries. I believe they only do a Max of 6ah, while Milwaukee have a 10Ah Monster and DeWalt do their flexvolt range.

Newby chunkier one found recently [emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/27.jpg
Thinking that Makita has a pretty good idea though by doubling the volts for 36v range yet keeping the AHrs down so they can be used across all tools?
There is no way I could see myself working a little say impact driver screw gun with a 12.0 gardening monster battery strapped to its base :-)

Cremulator
4th September 2019, 11:41 PM
I reckon the only thing that I find negative about Makita is their batteries. I believe they only do a Max of 6ah, while Milwaukee have a 10Ah Monster and DeWalt do their flexvolt range. Makita need to pick up their game there, other than that I have never had any regrets about choosing Makita to start with

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkHave you seen the power tool battery adaptors?
Probably useful if you have various tools from different manufacturers, but there are also 12v to 18v adaptors.
You could get a 10Ah Milwaukee battery to work with your Makita.
https://www.powertoollab.com/amp/power-tool-battery-adapter/#
I have never tried any of these type of thing, but I just stumbled across their existence recently.

rusty_nail
5th September 2019, 06:56 AM
Have you seen the power tool battery adaptors?
Probably useful if you have various tools from different manufacturers, but there are also 12v to 18v adaptors.
You could get a 10Ah Milwaukee battery to work with your Makita.
https://www.powertoollab.com/amp/power-tool-battery-adapter/#
I have never tried any of these type of thing, but I just stumbled across their existence recently.Hey mate, yeah I've come across them before, actually suggested MB gets one so he can use the Makita trimmer with his Milwaukee battery set. They look good, I just figure I've invested so much money with Makita, i want to stick with their product.

Cremulator
5th September 2019, 08:20 AM
Hey mate, yeah I've come across them before, actually suggested MB gets one so he can use the Makita trimmer with his Milwaukee battery set. They look good, I just figure I've invested so much money with Makita, i want to stick with their product.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkYeh for sure, they wouldn't be worth getting if you didn't already have a set of batteries from different power tools that you wanted to make use of.

rusty_nail
6th September 2019, 08:23 PM
exciting/expensive news. was in TT this arvo to pickup a blade for my bandsaw. i made the same comment as above and the bloke said he had just been to a makita product info night for reps etc, showing off a whole new battery line they will be releasing within the next 6 ?not confirmed? months. aparently the reason they have held off longer than the other brands as they dont want to go down the path of just jamming more cells into a bigger case. they are looking to release batteries with "micro capacitors" or something along those lines.

the bloke didnt know too much, but its exciting to know makita are ignoring the elephant in the room, might be said they are trying to be the turtle in the battery war for the higher demand devices?

rusty_nail
12th September 2019, 06:54 PM
Picked up this bad boy from Bunnings for $50, in the runout bin in the tool section. Stoked, it's a solid bit of gearhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/58.jpg

MudRunnerTD
19th September 2019, 06:03 PM

So this is a Thing!!!!!

100% buying this kit

Sent from my SM-G977B using TapatalkAnd here they are. Pretty happy with these. Very purpose orientated and when I need them I will be stoked to own them!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/83.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/84.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/85.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/86.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/87.jpg

Stoked

0-TJ-0
23rd September 2019, 06:15 PM
Used a few in anger now.. including some "I should really get a fixed ringy for this" jobs. Feel pretty solid and haven't had any issues.

The roll is handy too. Had to change a radiator in my daily at work the other week and was nice to be able to just throw this in rather than pilfer my toolbox.

mudski
24th September 2019, 07:24 AM
Used a few in anger now.. including some "I should really get a fixed ringy for this" jobs. Feel pretty solid and haven't had any issues.

The roll is handy too. Had to change a radiator in my daily at work the other week and was nice to be able to just throw this in rather than pilfer my toolbox.

Where from and how much mate.

0-TJ-0
24th September 2019, 11:33 AM
Where from and how much mate.

Supercheap had a sale a little while back. $75! The sale has ended unfortunately but they still have them in store for $149. I reckon I'd still pick up a set at full price now I've had a chance to use them.

MB
29th September 2019, 08:31 PM
Here you go rusty_nail mate, a funky project for all your top carpentry gear [emoji106][emoji106]

https://youtu.be/ivOr5Mv4Iv4

rusty_nail
29th September 2019, 10:13 PM
Here you go rusty_nail mate, a funky project for all your top carpentry gear [emoji106][emoji106]

https://youtu.be/ivOr5Mv4Iv4

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDo you want one at work? Lol

MB
30th September 2019, 05:56 AM
Hell yeah, a dunny door maybe! lol

mudski
10th October 2019, 06:14 PM
Recently bought a Fiskars X11 splitter. The X7 was too small and the one above the X11 was too big to split the smaller stuff. I got it from the UK cheaper with post anywhere cheaper I could find it local. Go figure. Excellent size too.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/120.jpg

Plasnart
10th October 2019, 08:26 PM
Recently bought a Fiskars X11 splitter. The X7 was too small and the one above the X11 was too big to split the smaller stuff. I got it from the UK cheaper with post anywhere cheaper I could find it local. Go figure. Excellent size too.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/120.jpg

Yep they are awesome. Got one as a freebie from 4wd tv years back at loveday forum trip. Is a great thing well worth whatever it retails for. Better than any splitter or axe ive had and light handle its easy to swing.

MudRunnerTD
1st November 2019, 10:01 AM
Back on special at Supercheap. Great buy to just throw in the rear drawers and forget.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/1.jpg

mudski
1st November 2019, 10:53 AM
Thanks. A must get I reckon. Hopefully still available later today.

threedogs
1st November 2019, 01:38 PM
Picked up this bad boy from Bunnings for $50, in the runout bin in the tool section. Stoked, it's a solid bit of gearhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/09/58.jpg

Here you go Nick 50kg plus Vice 200 yrs old and still going strong, I have a smaller Peter Wright one as well
When you brought them it was on weight, that would determine how wide the jaws were. this vice
handle gives the best blood blister ever ha ha

rusty_nail
3rd November 2019, 06:13 AM
Here you go Nick 50kg plus Vice 200 yrs old and still going strong, I have a smaller Peter Wright one as well
When you brought them it was on weight, that would determine how wide the jaws were. this vice
handle gives the best blood blister ever ha haThat is very cool mate

Brissieboy
3rd November 2019, 09:34 AM
handle gives the best blood blister ever ha ha

That's a blacksmith's vice. They were made rugged so that you can bash the hell out of them. I also have one and definitely agree about the handle - got my fingers pinched in there a few times.

threedogs
3rd November 2019, 11:51 AM

Like you I brought cheaper from overseas only paid $120 for the 3
OD Jason made the leather cover for the X7 love his work

mudski
3rd November 2019, 01:14 PM
Anyone in Melbourne got a OBDii reader I can borrow? The wife’s Mazda 6 has the CEL coming on....

Edit : NVM Managed to find an Aldi who had one left. P2506 ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Range/Performance code. Just need to decipher this now.

jay see
3rd November 2019, 11:45 PM
Anyone in Melbourne got a OBDii reader I can borrow? The wife’s Mazda 6 has the CEL coming on....

Edit : NVM Managed to find an Aldi who had one left. P2506 ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Range/Performance code. Just need to decipher this now.If you go into an autobarn they can put their scanner tool on and give you the code.
Not that you're going to need that now, but it may help someone else.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

mudski
4th November 2019, 07:16 AM
If you go into an autobarn they can put their scanner tool on and give you the code.
Not that you're going to need that now, but it may help someone else.

The scanner Autobarn had for $149 is identical to the $49 scanner from Aldi. Just different labeling.

jay see
4th November 2019, 09:09 AM
The scanner Autobarn had for $149 is identical to the $49 scanner from Aldi. Just different labeling.I'm not talking about the ones that they sell. I know the store near me have a proper workshop one that they use on customers cars.

The one you're got will get most people our of trouble.

Hodge
4th November 2019, 10:49 AM
I'm not talking about the ones that they sell. I know the store near me have a proper workshop one that they use on customers cars.

The one you're got will get most people our of trouble.

Sent from my A1601 using TapatalkTrue. Some of them have more access and features .
Our diesel mech at work has a Bosch unit that can not only scan codes but can alter just about any parameter in the ecu.
He used it to tinker with his map settings on the bt50.

Hodge
5th November 2019, 09:41 AM
Back on special at Supercheap. Great buy to just throw in the rear drawers and forget.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using TapatalkPicked up a set before . Thanks Daz ! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/19.jpg

threedogs
5th November 2019, 01:09 PM
mudski dont super cheap have scanners , that doesnt really help you with
a stationary cay, so scrap that idea?

threedogs
5th November 2019, 01:30 PM
I brought all these spanners over a few month like Hodge I brought those rachett spanners
and open end ring spanners from aldi, I then brought no name rachett spanners on eBay and to date
have not let me down,
Then enter the Harley, none of the spanners are any good so went onto ebay again and brought IMPACT
torq sockets even had to buy a Harley special tool to remove the rocker so I can paint them,, gotta love a Harley
its nearly ready just need some muscle that I dont have ha ha ha

threedogs
5th November 2019, 01:31 PM
I brought all these spanners over a few month like Hodge I brought those rachett spanners
and open end ring spanners from aldi, I then brought no name rachett spanners on eBay and to date
have not let me down,
Then enter the Harley, none of the spanners are any good so went onto ebay again and brought IMPACT
torq sockets even had to buy a Harley special tool to remove the rocker so I can paint them,, gotta love a Harley
its nearly ready just need some muscle that I dont have ha ha ha I have way too many tools is that right??
But I hate to borrow so Ill buy it just for one job lol lol
Plus I have another roll of open end ring spanners to suit the Harley,,,fussy bloody thing lol lol

mudski
8th November 2019, 08:38 PM
Bloody Harley’s. Sell it and get a real bike with class John. A nice Norton or Royal Enfield or something.
I will now go put my flame proof suit on...

threedogs
9th November 2019, 09:35 AM
alls good mudski here some more spanners I had to buy mainly because I hate borrowing
Years ago my mates and I would share ond would have and electric drill no cordless back then/
Now i seem to be trhowing my old cordless out, no one want 12v stuff not even 14 volts.
Plus some Tee bar ball point allen tools I "Recieved" from the airport, great tool right feel.
Love my tools tooomany nah

threedogs
9th November 2019, 09:40 AM
mudski not a Norton something early British say a broughs superior
or one of the 500s like a BSA or royal Enfield ,Manx plenty to choose from just a matter of finding them
earlier the better , you can buy repro wall hanger Harley and Indian circa 1910 for $2500.
This Harley
is for a reason next bike will be a different brand same porpose,
Its basically finished just getting some parts Black chromed.
Im remoing the exhaust heat shields drilling some big holes in them
Wrapping exhaust in black exhaust bandage then replacing the heat
shields after they have been black chromed.
I used black chrome on my bikes way back in the 70s back then we
had 10 second bikes capable of 130mph plus

MB
9th November 2019, 08:51 PM
Stihl loving the new RB-800, matfew and I had a ridiculously muddy day though blasting a decent windfall root ball for an upcoming display project idea.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/67.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/934a43030f942ead167c3f8ae3d22bb0.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/68.jpg

rusty_nail
10th November 2019, 11:58 AM
MB it definitely was a very windy night that tree fell. And the sound when it fell, wow! Lol

Rossco
10th November 2019, 03:37 PM
Wow looks amazing can't wait to see how it comes up [emoji106][emoji106]

rusty_nail
20th November 2019, 05:06 PM
Scored this set at Repco this arvo for $10 I reckon it's a bloody bargain!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/139.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/140.jpg

mudski
21st November 2019, 07:37 PM
Scored this set at Repco this arvo for $10 I reckon it's a bloody bargain!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/139.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/140.jpg

Nice! Even if they fail you’ve gotten your 10bux use out of them.

rusty_nail
21st November 2019, 07:50 PM
Nice! Even if they fail you’ve gotten your 10bux use out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPretty much thought the same thing, I can buy 10 more sets and then I'm around the price of a reasonable set lol

MB
24th November 2019, 03:47 PM
We bought this basic contraption from Seymour expo years ago, it’s only the bottom ‘boss’ thing for the chunky brushcutter line.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/147.jpg
Works an absolute treat once we adapted it under a blade for use in tandem.
If the going gets too tough the cord seems to lay back and then let the steel do the hard yakka.
Also makes for a great height guide for the steel blade above and over rockier areas just simply resting the whole head weight on the spinning boss.

MB
25th November 2019, 08:16 PM
Pretty much thought the same thing, I can buy 10 more sets and then I'm around the price of a reasonable set lol

Feel a wee bit bad saying this Rusty good mate!
Please do be careful with them ratchets, be sure to crack all tension first with solid spanners as from experience similar early day mechanisms debarked my knuckles hard unfortunately skipping gears.
I believe it’s the ‘plate’ design that allows the tension to flare although under less stress properly used unlike nuffy me they’ll be sweet for the job [emoji106][emoji106]

rusty_nail
25th November 2019, 08:54 PM
Feel a wee bit bad saying this Rusty good mate!
Please do be careful with them ratchets, be sure to crack all tension first with solid spanners as from experience similar early day mechanisms debarked my knuckles hard unfortunately skipping gears.
I believe it’s the ‘plate’ design that allows the tension to flare although under less stress properly used unlike nuffy me they’ll be sweet for the job [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMate I don't believe any ratchet ring spanners are designed for bulk load. always good practice to finish off/start with standard spanners. These ratchets will be just perfect for those horrible to reach without a spanner nuts mate. Massive time saver

MB
25th November 2019, 09:46 PM
Cheers mate [emoji106][emoji106]

MudRunnerTD
29th November 2019, 09:08 PM
So i have been on the hint for a new Step Ladder for a couple of months. They are dear as poison for a decent one and I want a 2.4m or 2.7m double step ladder for the new shed. Wall height is 3.3 and ridge will be close to 3.8m so a decent ladder will be needed beyond the 1.8 I have.

I have been trolling Facebook for a second hand one with no luck.

Today in Bunnings buying some storm water pipe I asked for a price on a 2.4m Gorilla Ladder at the gate. Well Sir, they are on 50% Off Clearance........

Today was a Great day!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/181.jpg

Scanned at $309. I took it home for $154. Bargain.

mudski
29th November 2019, 09:19 PM
So i have been on the hint for a new Step Ladder for a couple of months. They are dear as poison for a decent one and I want a 2.4m or 2.7m double step ladder for the new shed. Wall height is 3.3 and ridge will be close to 3.8m so a decent ladder will be needed beyond the 1.8 I have.

Nice. I have the same ladder but a fiberglass sparkies ladder version. Loved it so much I went back and bought the smaller 3ft one too.

Brissieboy
30th November 2019, 09:42 AM
Need to be a little careful with those angled braces at the bottom. My brother was bare footed and his foot slipped off one of the lower rungs and his little toe caught in the 'V'. It ripped the meat right off his toe leaving the just the bone sticking out which had to be removed.
These are not allowed in a lot of places - that brace has to fill the gap. Probably why they were being cleared out.

MB
30th November 2019, 03:31 PM
Really good feedback/nasty experience passed along there thanks BB mate!
So descriptive and has kindly forced me to check our domestic/home two ladders our girls also use from time to time.
Our budget ‘Bailey’ thankfully has a full plated brace.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/189.jpg
The ‘Gorilla’ extension ladder model appears to be ok with a central Pipe/CHS ally brace that wouldn’t entrap my fingers trialled just now.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/190.jpg
Still a bargain Daz mate but would probably heed unfortunate advice and simply infill it at least halfway somehow?
A small triangle block of say 90x35 wedged/glued in there somehow [emoji106][emoji106]
(No drilling allowed :-)

PeeBee
30th November 2019, 03:44 PM
That is a really good little gem of info for sure. I think my 3 ladders are open, but wont be moving forward, can really see how that accident could happen - thanks BB

Mickhead
30th November 2019, 04:38 PM
That would be really painful. Wear shoes or safety boots? Maybe even thongs would save that toe...

MB
30th November 2019, 04:50 PM
Agreed on the job MH mate, my Steel Blue caps might struggle to fit, and Gorillas no doubt wouldn’t pass CFMEU entry I’m only guessing?
In domestic reality though, my girls would not hesitate to grab a little ladder wifey purchased in their socks to help say shoosh a bat/bird out of our house, horrible ramifications that could be kindly tought here!

jay see
1st December 2019, 07:53 PM
Not a tool as such, but after this weekend and cutting up a spit, what's out there in regard to a battery operated electric knife.

I have a look on line later, but thought I'll ask here if anyone has one.

mudski
2nd December 2019, 04:16 PM
Not a tool as such, but after this weekend and cutting up a spit, what's out there in regard to a battery operated electric knife.

Where did you get that spit from John. I think I would like to own one. Lol... We could have used Nic's chainsaw to cut the meat. :D

Plasnart
2nd December 2019, 04:56 PM

Have you thought about one of these jay see?

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/113781568951?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&itemid=113781568951&targetid=480735992150&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1000339&poi=&campaignid=7408110604&mkgroupid=79663541694&rlsatarget=pla-480735992150&abcId=1139406&merchantid=7364522&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Oiq_6mW5gIVViUrCh0seAZDEAQYBiABEgKG5PD_BwE

rusty_nail
2nd December 2019, 05:21 PM

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/113781568951?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&itemid=113781568951&targetid=480735992150&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1000339&poi=&campaignid=7408110604&mkgroupid=79663541694&rlsatarget=pla-480735992150&abcId=1139406&merchantid=7364522&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Oiq_6mW5gIVViUrCh0seAZDEAQYBiABEgKG5PD_BwEHaha O dear... The ultimate!!!

Plasnart
2nd December 2019, 05:47 PM
Haha O dear... The ultimate!!!

Woops that one's 240v but may be battery operated ones available.

jay see
2nd December 2019, 07:07 PM
Where did you get that spit from John. I think I would like to own one. Lol... We could have used Nic's chainsaw to cut the meat. :DBunnings mate, but without the lid.
They're good. We had 4kg on it and it's apparently good for 7. Been using it for years both home and away. Got some ideas to make it easier to move around.

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/113781568951?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&itemid=113781568951&targetid=480735992150&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1000339&poi=&campaignid=7408110604&mkgroupid=79663541694&rlsatarget=pla-480735992150&abcId=1139406&merchantid=7364522&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Oiq_6mW5gIVViUrCh0seAZDEAQYBiABEgKG5PD_BwEYeah, they're more a shaver, I'm trying to find a battery operated electric knife, like the Kmart 240v ones.

mudski
2nd December 2019, 08:49 PM
Bunnings mate, but without the lid.
They're good. We had 4kg on it and it's apparently good for 7. Been using it for years both home and away. Got some ideas to make it easier to move around.Yeah, they're more a shaver, I'm trying to find a battery operated electric knife, like the Kmart 240v ones.

Quick search John for a knife and I found this. Seems ok.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Kenwood-KN500-Electric-Knives-White/dp/B076HY6KSR/ref=asc_df_B076HY6KSR/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341793019109&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17734774366982367118&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071307&hvtargid=pla-674781304965&psc=1

jay see
2nd December 2019, 10:49 PM
Quick search John for a knife and I found this. Seems ok.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Kenwood-KN500-Electric-Knives-White/dp/B076HY6KSR/ref=asc_df_B076HY6KSR/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341793019109&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17734774366982367118&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071307&hvtargid=pla-674781304965&psc=1Seen that one on kogan. Ideally 12v would be better, maybe I'm just being picky.

Hodge
3rd December 2019, 06:34 AM
Seen that one on kogan. Ideally 12v would be better, maybe I'm just being picky.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk12v and perfect.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/12/15.jpg

mudski
3rd December 2019, 07:02 AM
Seen that one on kogan. Ideally 12v would be better, maybe I'm just being picky.

Its cordless. Doesn't say how many volts though. Maybe get an inverter and use a 240v, then you have an inverter for other things if ever needed.

MudRunnerTD
10th December 2019, 02:15 PM
Super cheap Auto Catalogue. This is Cheap and a metric set. Perfect for the back of the car.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/12/84.jpg

0-TJ-0
11th December 2019, 08:07 PM

Brilliant. It was either post it here or the "what made you happy today?" thread.

MudRunnerTD
11th December 2019, 08:25 PM
This weekend at Repco. 30% Off store wide for tools and parts. RACV Members.

I bought my last UHF during one of these sales. Good time to buy oil filters and air filters. Will grab some head light globes too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/12/87.jpg

MB
6th January 2020, 06:29 PM
Was kindly gifted these ‘Twist N Stay’ wacky things many years ago and quietly thought then “where on earth will I ever use these gimmicks”
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/61.jpg
Cheered meself up, they actually work pretty good for automotive scratch free purposes!

MudRunnerTD
6th January 2020, 09:05 PM
Was kindly gifted these ‘Twist N Stay’ wacky things many years ago and quietly thought then “where on earth will I ever use these gimmicks”
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/61.jpg
Cheered meself up, they actually work pretty good for automotive scratch free purposes!

Awesome. Great around your air hose when packed too. In have a heap of them and most are also in the gimmick pile but have been handy on occasion.

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2020, 11:30 AM
So was in Jaycar today grabbing some stuff for running a 3rd battery into the yhe back of the GU. "Have you got blade fuses?" Yeah heaps. All good. "We have re-settable ones!!!" No way!!!

Have you ever been chasing an electrical issue and tested and retested blowing 10amp fuses fault finding?? I have! Plenty of times. Blow 5 or 10 pretty quick chasing a fault in a parker light circuit of a patrol!!!

This Is The Shit!!!! $5

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/74.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/75.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/76.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/77.jpg

rusty_nail
7th January 2020, 05:28 PM
So was in Jaycar today grabbing some stuff for running a 3rd battery into the yhe back of the GU. "Have you got blade fuses?" Yeah heaps. All good. "We have re-settable ones!!!" No way!!!

Have you ever been chasing an electrical issue and tested and retested blowing 10amp fuses fault finding?? I have! Plenty of times. Blow 5 or 10 pretty quick chasing a fault in a parker light circuit of a patrol!!!

This Is The Shit!!!! $5

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/74.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/75.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/76.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using TapatalkI love the product although I think it is made much better by your sales pitch mate!

jay see
7th January 2020, 07:50 PM
With my electrical knowledge that's a must have.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Brissieboy
8th January 2020, 09:08 AM
If it is resettable, then it is really a circuit breaker rather than a fuse. By definition, a fuse melts (fuses) so cannot be reset.
When chasing a short in a 12V circuit try replacing the fuse with fairly high wattage lamp such as the high beam portion of an old headlight bulb. Under normal conditions the circuit will function normally (as long as it is not a very heavy load), but when the short is present the bulb will light. It's not too difficult to make up a simple setup using an old fuse or some suitable sized tags to fit in the fuse holder.

Cuppa
8th January 2020, 02:02 PM
I was about to hang sh*t on those blade type circuit breakers, but noticed in time that they are manually re-settable.

I had some auto reset circuit breakers of similar type, but would never consider having them again. I was fault finding, something to do with solar charging IIRC. It was a nightmare, very difficult to track down. In the end it came down to substitution to find where the problem was & it turned out to be the blade type CB, confirmed by opening it up. The design was essentially a dished piece of metal which would 'pop' out when over current heated it sufficiently. Once cooled down it would return to it's default state, reconnecting the power creating a very difficult to track down intermittent fault. In this instance the culprit was poor quality construction. The 'dish' held in place by a rivet through it's centre was loose, creating a poor connection & excess heat.

Manually re-settable ones are a different ballgame. You can see when they are 'tripped', & they stay tripped until you reset them. For lower amps (15a, maybe 20a & below) they are a great alternative to fuses.

Higher amp versions would likely suffer the same problem as the higher amp fuse versions - oxidation on the blades resulting in resistance & heat build up without blowing - creating a fire risk.

MudRunnerTD
8th January 2020, 02:13 PM
Yeah I will not run this fuse in the car buy rather in an empty slot or.my tool box specifically for fault finding .

MB
11th January 2020, 01:20 PM
Winner this ‘Lazy-MB 2020 Pumpkin Filler’ :-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/131.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/01/132.jpg

Mc4by
11th January 2020, 02:20 PM
Clever idea indeed.

Cuppa
11th January 2020, 03:39 PM
Yeah I will not run this fuse in the car buy rather in an empty slot or.my tool box specifically for fault finding .

Good thinking batman!

0-TJ-0
13th January 2020, 06:41 PM
Don't know if anyone else uses the stuff but I tried some "Tessa" tape today. I've had some sitting in the shed for a while because I ordered it online and it looked useless once I got my mits on it. I've always hated the sticky mess that electrical tape leaves after it gets hot/old.

I got sick of looking at the mess my head/driving light wires are in(i'll fix it properly 'one day') when I was in there today so decided I'd whack a bit around it and give it a trial run before it all just ends up in the bin.

The stuff surprised me.

Good points: It doesn't stretch so you can get a nice tight wrap. You can cut short strips and feed it around existing looms without it sticking to everything/itself. It sticks pretty good(better than you would think before you use it).

Bad points: I think the ends might peel up over time. It does leave a sticky residue immediately(I had to redo a bit) if you peel it off, although nothing like 12 month old electrical tape after a few heat cycles. Will probably attract dust and dirt and not look as clean as tape after a wash.

I don't think it'll replace normal tape in the toolbox but if it lasts I think it'll have it's uses. I think it would be ideal doing under dash stuff.

Winnie
13th January 2020, 07:01 PM
Yes that stuff is awesome! I love it. Looks neat as buggery and perfect for covering my butcher sparkie work.

MB
23rd February 2020, 08:39 PM
Completely forgot we purchased this hidden ripper many years ago at a farming type expo after a plague of dreaded Mozzies bombarded us!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/02/120.jpg
We had home trialled many other contraptions including DEET as a spray camping backup to no avail :-(
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/02/121.jpg
Aussie made was lead to believe back then and tonight working a biting treat again on low voltage fan capturing below cage unlike near fire starting zappers that do kill good Bogong Moths [emoji106][emoji106]

0-TJ-0
15th March 2020, 01:13 PM
Saw these today and thought might be worth having one in the toolbox for $9

Probably nothing new but I've never seen them. May find a use for it.

MudRunnerTD
18th March 2020, 03:23 PM
Well that looks awesome!!! Keen to see the size of these things!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/03/51.jpg

MudRunnerTD
27th March 2020, 10:07 AM
I am still working and have plenty of hand sanitiser but needed something to wipe down my Compulevel during packup in people's houses. A compulevel is used to shoot floor levels using the Same principle as a water level hose but with a gas filled hose. Great bit of kit.

So today I went to Bunnings. Gloved up. New normal. Looking for a wipe. I resigned myself to having to make something using tissues and sanitiser.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/03/120.jpg

Reading a heap of labels. Most not suitable. Looky looky what I found!!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/03/121.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/03/122.jpg

If you need something then these have not been discovered at my Bunnings. They had a few.

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2020, 04:47 PM
I've got a 80V chainsaw, the battery looks at least twice the size of those, the only battery charger I have seen come with an inbuilt fan and sounds like a jet engine on take off

Mickhead
29th March 2020, 04:49 PM
I've got a 80V chainsaw, the battery looks at least twice the size of those, the only battery charger I have seen come with an inbuilt fan and sounds like a jet engine on take off

Is that like this one? They are awesome with an 18 inch bar... bring on the cybertruck :). 80734

MudRunnerTD
30th March 2020, 11:41 AM
Is that like this one? They are awesome with an 18 inch bar... bring on the cybertruck :). 80734

Nice, How is the Battery Life on that jigger? Is it a Single 80V battery? My Makita is 36V but uses 2 x 18V Batteries already owned which is convenient but that is a Beast Log there!!

Mickhead
30th March 2020, 04:24 PM
Nice, How is the Battery Life on that jigger? Is it a Single 80V battery? My Makita is 36V but uses 2 x 18V Batteries already owned which is convenient but that is a Beast Log there!!
I had to cut that 4 times to get it outta the way and had 2 out of 3 bars left, but carry a spare battery anyway. Did notice the victa lithiums dont like the cold, got a couple of similar cuts in the snow and it ceased to function. Those Makita 36 v chainsaws are a awesome unit too! Remember.. Volts x Amp Hours = Watt Hours.. the important number!

NissanGQ4.2
30th March 2020, 06:36 PM
Yeh same thing just different brand
When you have time can you pm me some details on that... model number or model # of battery and charger

My one is a Kobalt which was sold by Masters before the went belly up, trying 2 source more batteries and a charger with no luck, I believe they still sell a Greenworks battery that is identical overseas but can't find anything in Australia :(

NissanGQ4.2
30th March 2020, 06:40 PM

Single Battery Darren, big suckers!!!

jay see
24th April 2020, 09:02 AM
Morning Gents.

I looking at buying a log splitter. It's something that I will not use alot, but will come in handy. What are the 5T ones like?

PeeBee
24th April 2020, 09:12 AM
Morning Gents.

I looking at buying a log splitter. It's something that I will not use alot, but will come in handy. What are the 5T ones like?

I purchase a little 240v 5t splitter for my open fire in Melb. It did a great job until the day a seal interface burst and that was it - job over, not repairable, went on the nature strip. The unit was great except like everything, once you automate it you never tend to stay withn the duty rating of the machine, hence you split larger logs, drier timber, harder timber, work faster than the duty cycle intended - its a natural human reaction. I basically flogged mine to death. I have thought about buying another one which would be in the realms of a 30 -40 t unit, however have simply managed the wood splitting by sourcing red gum posts from a fencing contractor at $3 a post and I buy 100 at a time, use a good quality docking saw and TC blade and slowly work my way to generate 1ft blocks. 300 blocks easily does us for winter as it ambience only supply - central heating does the lions share.

MB TD42
24th April 2020, 12:38 PM
Looking for a static belt edge sander/drum sander for the workshop...needs to be dust extractor compatible...have a 6inch flexi collection system.
Wonder if there are any brands or sites I should be looking at. Looking at Second hand.
Something a little smaller than what's in the attached pick.
Location Perth WA
Cheers.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/04/88.jpg