PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

WhiteGU
7th June 2011, 09:30 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new to the Patrol world, having previously owned a couple of Jackaroos.

Tried to find a well priced used Patrol but didn't succeed, and was tentative about buying an exploder.

So I finished up with a new CRD ST auto Wagon, which will be used for some Aus wide meanderings in the near future.

Currently going about the mods, so far have dual battery, catch can, snorkel, lift, braided brake hoses, towbar, anderson plugs, CB radio, Prodigy2, merit sockets front and rear, nav unit with TV, OZI, IGO, DVD, IPOD, reversing camera, etc.

Still to do is drawer system, caster correction, and move front axle forward 10mm, to allow for 33s. They already fit OK with the mudflaps swung backwards at the inside, but will give them a bit more clearance.

Had the car since Feb 2011, and it's had a bit off off-roading around Lake Eildon, Harrietville, and Dargo, including Blue Rag Range track on a beautiful day in April.

Cheers,

Gerhard

katwoman
7th June 2011, 09:34 PM
Always great to welcome another GU..
We have regular Victorian meets, would be great to have more numbers ..

growler2058
7th June 2011, 09:35 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a good mob here full of good info and advice

Finly Owner
7th June 2011, 09:36 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Gerhard

Tim

Woof
7th June 2011, 09:38 PM
Welcome Gerhard even if it is a GU, enjoy the forum mate.

AB
7th June 2011, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Sir Roofy
7th June 2011, 09:46 PM
welcome aboard mate hope you enjoy your stay

Dhuck
7th June 2011, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
7th June 2011, 11:16 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

GUtsy ute
7th June 2011, 11:53 PM
Welcome Gerhard,
Sounds like you have quite a capable rig to go offroad with there.
How about some pics of it please.
Enjoy the Forum and join in the sharing of Knowledge and chat.

Cheers Gavin

DX grunt
7th June 2011, 11:59 PM
G'day Gerhard

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you here. I used to live near Lake Eildon, and there's a forum member, NissanKid, who's there atm. You might want to hook up with him and go for a wheel.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

timbar
8th June 2011, 02:55 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
8th June 2011, 07:06 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Gerhard

Bob
8th June 2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome Gerhard. Join in and enjoy

WhiteGU
8th June 2011, 11:31 AM
A few Pics

If you look carefully the braided hose is visible behind the diff breather hose, and also the flexycoil and tread pattern of the swapped out tyres - went for LT265-75/R17 to replace the factory tyres.

Aftermarket chinese head unit - GPS, WinCE6, 128k, IPOD with charging, USB, IGO8, OZICE, Radio, Digital TV, DVD, Reversing Camera. Came complete with Nissan harness so it was pretty much plug'n'play. I had to run the camera wire from the rear as well as the tail light feed, but all that was done when I wired in the brake controller and merit plugs so pretty easy. The body of the Uniden CB is inside the rear part of the console beside my left hip.

Some mods to the consloe to mount the Prodigy2, swapped out the crappy Nissan driving light switch, hacked the console inside so that the top cover can be removed without removing the whole front console, also repainted it because it scratched when a hair fell on it. Merit plug on passenger side, fed from fused supply from second battery.

Glovebox is off so I can fit the aircon cabin filters after I cut out the slot openings.

Bob
8th June 2011, 11:44 AM
Looks great. Love the White GU's. Thanks for sharing PIcs.

Clunk
8th June 2011, 11:20 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard....... very nice looking GU you got there

big_fletch
9th June 2011, 12:42 AM
Gday and welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

NissanGQ4.2
12th June 2011, 08:36 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Gerhard,

Great bunch of guys and girls on the forum always willing 2 help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd