PDA

View Full Version : Hello from 'the old dart'

InTheOldDart
22nd May 2019, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone,

Greetings to you all from England!

I'm a new Patrol owner, bought a 2004 Y61 3 litre diesel auto just over a week ago.
The Patrol is a nice beast, it certainly makes a BIG statement on my drive, I wonder what the neighbours think... perhaps I'd better not ask!

Previous 4x4's I've had are:-
1972 Land Rover series 3 109" diesel. A very 'agricultural' vehicle and very noisy, above 40mph you had to shout to have any kind of conversation. On the plus side, these vehicles are like Meccano for adults.
1994 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD. Imported from Japan in 2006; one owner, low mileage, pretty much as new condition. Did well over 100,000 miles in it without any problems at all. Quite possibly the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD. Should be quite a nice vehicle but it somehow manages to be truly awful... least said the better. The least likeable vehicle I've ever had.

Thus far I really like the Patrol, ride comfort and driving position are excellent. The thing is cavernous, ample cargo capacity and plenty of legroom for my 6'4" mate who "can't fit into anything".
It would be nice if it had a few more gadgets like auto wipers, auto headlights and auto dipping mirror but I can live without them.
It could probably do with a bit more power, (but then again something this size is never going to drive like a sports car) as it is power and driveablity are more than adequate really.

Jobs to do: Air bag recall and an oil pressure light that sometimes doesn't go out at startup.

Cheers.
James

threedogs
22nd May 2019, 08:17 AM
Hello James and welcome to the forum,, enjoy

Dhuck
22nd May 2019, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
22nd May 2019, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Hodge
22nd May 2019, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the forum James .

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk