PDA

View Full Version : Hi All.. Newbie Looking For Some Patrol Advice Please..

mark068
6th June 2011, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone, just found this site.. looks very good !

I've just relocated from the UK, to Vincentia NSW and would like
to get out and about and see the good bits here in Oz.
I've looked around for a couple of months and keep noticing all the Nissan Patrols.

I like in particular the GU lll ST 2002 model.

Now is this a good place to start ? i have around $ 24000, which i think should get
me a half decent one ?

This will be the main family vehicle for a while, so has to be reasonably easy
for my partner to use everyday.. ect..

Any ideas or suggestions obviously very welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bigrig
6th June 2011, 02:57 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

That budget will see you into a good, safe family rig mate and more than likely with a few mods/extras also. You'll get endless ideas and opinions here mate that should all assist the decision!

Enjoy!!

Dhuck
6th June 2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
6th June 2011, 03:14 PM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy. As said above with tat Budget should get a reasonable Rig. Goo Luck !!

timbar
6th June 2011, 03:16 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

growler2058
6th June 2011, 04:18 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here that'll be able to spend any leftover $'s on to whatever PATROL you buy hahahahahaha

Woof
6th June 2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Mark, enjoy.
Regarding your new Patrol, just check this forum out, maybe look at the Members Rides and other sections before making your decision.
If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask, that is what we are here for.

Maxhead
6th June 2011, 07:42 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate, enjoy

Sir Roofy
6th June 2011, 08:22 PM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay
with that amount and carefull decision making
youll do all right if in doubt ask here on the forum
lots of happy people willing to help

macca86
6th June 2011, 08:25 PM
welcome. We just bought a 2000 gu 3 litre for 20 000 with bull bar snorkel side steps new tyres cb and uhf radios and rear draw system with only 160 000 km on the clock so 24 000 should get the same plus a lift kit and winch!

YNOT
6th June 2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Mark. It's been about 8 years since I last drove through Vincentia but it's a nice little spot, I have relatives in Sanctury Point.

Your budget should get you into a good GU with TD42 (4.2 diesel) engine, the pick of all the Patrol engines. With basic additions like good tyres, suspension etc it will do exactly what you want it to do.

Tony

Clunk
6th June 2011, 09:18 PM
G'day Mark and welcome aboard

wildgu6
6th June 2011, 10:45 PM
Hey mark, Welcome aboard buddy, Nice budget for a nice rig, should pick up something sweet with those $$$$
After owning a 2.8 for a while now i would be looking for something a bit bigger, 4.2 maybe??
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and dont be shy.

stay safe, stay happy & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
6th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi And welcome to Nissans Nut House Macca

Tim

mark068
8th June 2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, and thanks for the thoughts
regarding purchasing a rig.. i'll be reading through the site, and will be
posting some pics when the " new toy arrives "

All the best..

NissanGQ4.2
12th June 2011, 08:42 PM
Welcome 2 the forum,

Great bunch of guys and girls on the forum always willing 2 help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd