PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount it.

dads tractor
11th May 2019, 01:38 PM
Where have you guys mounted your Redarc dc dc chargers in the utes .My second battery is in under tray box under front of tray.

altech
11th May 2019, 02:45 PM
Maybe setup inside the cabin behind front seats up high keep it dry from river crossings

0-TJ-0
11th May 2019, 04:19 PM
I don't have a ute but I mounted a ctek in the void above the glovebox. Not sure if there would be enough room for the redarc, but worth a look maybe.

threedogs
12th May 2019, 02:10 PM
Ive just brought one and it will be mounted
on the left hand kick panel as high as it will go.
The wires will go through the grommet on the
fire wall just under the Aux battery, so a small run for all wires

dads tractor
12th May 2019, 08:21 PM
Thanks 3dogs I would be looking a bit higher for my peace of mind so am thinking flush with bottom of rear window at this stage. Are you going lithium fe if so which one.

threedogs
13th May 2019, 02:26 PM
Thanks 3dogs I would be looking a bit higher for my peace of mind so am thinking flush with bottom of rear window at this stage. Are you going lithium fe if so which one.

No still too pricey Im afraid .
Ive gone yellow top Optima for the start
and soon will change the Aux to the same.
Keep the engine bay a bit tidier. I had a turbo
beanie so no problem with heat issues
I do like the idea they are half the weight though

dads tractor
13th May 2019, 04:28 PM
Thanks threedogs I'm building from the start so only doing it once so have saved up a 1k so can maybe stretch it out for a 120 a lithium. see how it goes.

the evil twin
13th May 2019, 04:51 PM
If you are going Lithium you only need one about 1/2 the rating to get the same useable capacity IE a 120AH Lith is equal to about 200 AH of SLA.

If you aren't going Lith then I wouldn't waste the money on a DC/DC for a Ute, my 2nd Batt was under the tray and the cable run from the Cranker was all of 3 metres so bugger all voltage drop and I could crank off it at the flick of a switch.

dads tractor
15th May 2019, 10:24 AM
Thanks Evil I'm in a bit of a quandary as I use the ute with 2 x 40 lt Engels plus a couple of croc spotter Vision x lights and run the boat behind the ute. but that is to be superseded by a canopy on a trailer to get around weight issues and it's already setup with battery solar panels etc etc .so still want to use both setups and am not a fan of Kimberly cool beer or sticky steaks .