PDA

View Full Version : GQ patrol diff clarity

JackoGQYoot
1st May 2019, 12:00 AM
Hey guys
I am looking at regearing my ute to 4.6ratio diffs. There are a set of H233 diff centres from a rd28 gq patrol on Gumtree. Will these have the right spline count etc to fit into my housings, still using my axles? I've heard that there are different spline counts etc. And just seeking some clarity.
Cheers

MudRunnerTD
1st May 2019, 12:31 AM
They are the same. If you have a H260 rear Diff (unlikely) then it wont fit but otherwise they are a direct swap.

mudski
1st May 2019, 07:02 AM
They are the same. If you have a H260 rear Diff (unlikely) then it wont fit but otherwise they are a direct swap.

I’m not so sure on that Darren. When I had to get a centre for my H260, I was asked if it was a Ute or wagon as the spline count was different. I never knew this. But mine is the H260 so the 233 maybe a different story. But it’s worth checking out none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackoGQYoot
1st May 2019, 11:22 AM
Sorry guys I thought I had posted this in the gq forum😑.
Thanks for the replies though. All I'm worried about is the spline counts on my axles at the diff end. Would they be 33 spline front and rear or 31? Or different each end.
Cheers

MudRunnerTD
1st May 2019, 04:58 PM
I’m not so sure on that Darren. When I had to get a centre for my H260, I was asked if it was a Ute or wagon as the spline count was different. I never knew this. But mine is the H260 so the 233 maybe a different story. But it’s worth checking out none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah only if it is a leaf rear ute.

mudski
1st May 2019, 05:28 PM
Yeah only if it is a leaf rear ute.

Cheers mate. I couldn't think of why the difference. That was it.