PDA

View Full Version : Issue with headlights.

jay see
24th April 2019, 07:35 PM
Evening Gents.

My headlights have been playing up for a bit. Now that it's darker earlier I found that the driver side plug was partly melted. This explains why one keeps flicking, but would this course the passenger side to do the same thing? Sometimes I'll have 1 light either left or right, then the other would go out leaving me with no lights. Sometimes my spotlights would go on too, I took the fuse out of them for now.

Do I just get another plug to replace the melted one?

Apologies for the lack of participation of late. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/04/205.jpg

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

threedogs
24th April 2019, 08:18 PM
What size/sort of globes do you have

mudnut
24th April 2019, 09:03 PM
Is there an issue with corrosion? A high resistance / loose join will cause heat. Too high a wattage globe, can cause a problem.

Maybe get another loom from a wrecker.

rusty_nail
24th April 2019, 09:48 PM
Evening Gents.

My headlights have been playing up for a bit. Now that it's darker earlier I found that the driver side plug was partly melted. This explains why one keeps flicking, but would this course the passenger side to do the same thing? Sometimes I'll have 1 light either left or right, then the other would go out leaving me with no lights. Sometimes my spotlights would go on too, I took the fuse out of them for now.

Do I just get another plug to replace the melted one?

Apologies for the lack of participation of late. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/04/205.jpg

corrosion on the earth i thin mate, pretty cheap fix. just buy another h4 plug, usually abouy 10-15 bucks i think?

mudnut
24th April 2019, 10:01 PM
corrosion on the earth i thin mate, pretty cheap fix. just buy another h4 plug, usually abouy 10-15 bucks i think?

If you do join wires, use self-sealing electrical tape or brush on tape to seal it properly.

rusty_nail
24th April 2019, 10:11 PM
If you do join wires, use self-sealing electrical tape or brush on tape to seal it properly.

all you need it the correct gauge heat shrink?

mudnut
24th April 2019, 10:20 PM
Have used that. I like the brush on stuff as it is tough as guts, won't split or crack. Shelf life is a problem though.

jay see
24th April 2019, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys.

Standard globes fitted.

Next stop eBay..

rusty_nail
24th April 2019, 11:26 PM
Sca or Repco aren't that dear for ah4 connector mate. Will get you sorted out much sooner too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jay see
25th April 2019, 11:32 AM
Time is against me. Wife had an op last week and can't drive for another 5 weeks. I've got all the pick up and drop off duties and the upkeep of the home, anyway I've parked it for now and I'm driving her car so not too much of a hurry.

threedogs
25th April 2019, 11:36 AM
Time is against me. Wife had an op last week and can't drive for another 5 weeks. I've got all the pick up and drop off duties and the upkeep of the home, anyway I've parked it for now and I'm driving her car so not too much of a hurry.

You still have the BMW you were going to get?,
hope the wife recovers quickly,

jay see
25th April 2019, 11:54 AM
You still have the BMW you were going to get?,
hope the wife recovers quickly,Yeah, the BMW is the wife's, got it a couple years back it got hit in the rear not much, but still waiting on parts. Driving a rental outlander.

She's getting there slowly. Thanks mate.