PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Earth Australia

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 12:49 PM
Hi All
One of my mates have just informed me about a website called 4x4 earth australia.
Its quite informative, you type in your post code and it will bring up google maps with the tracks added to it. People have rated each track from easy to extreme and the type of terrain you will come across and people have also left foot notes ie lockers preferred but not needed or easy in the dry but extremely difficult in wet etc.

some area like the glasshouse mountains reference to google earth. This site could be handy to help decide on our next trip.

Cheers
Benny

growler2058
5th June 2011, 01:27 PM
Good find mate

nowoolies
5th June 2011, 01:32 PM
thanks mate could have done with that yesterday hahahahah

Ben-e-boy
5th June 2011, 01:39 PM
thanks mate could have done with that yesterday hahahahah
good things take time mate hahaha

NissanGQ4.2
5th June 2011, 08:12 PM
yes it is a pretty good site and has been around for ages, but unfortunately also has reference 2 a lot of tracks that should not be driven on and that's what ends up wrecking it for all those that do do the right thing. Shame those tracks don't get removed from the site.

Bigrig
5th June 2011, 08:42 PM
The track from Woodford to Caboolture that is marked on it for Beerburrum (unless they have more in there from the last time I looked) is a graded road - pretty easy by our standards and used by locals. Seems no one on their forum has ever updated maps for other tracks (or are there some more in there now? Must check I suppose).

scotty83
5th June 2011, 08:50 PM
I agree with toddrhind. This is a good site but be careful of some of the tracks as they are not legal or professionally graded. Well worth asking around before you head out.

Bob
7th June 2011, 12:21 PM
here is a Link to make it easier

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/